United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 09-02-2015, 09:57 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Gilt.
That too.

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:01 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No. All hated for offering £#%&! all too often. I've hated Rooney since he turned to shit in '10-11. It was clear Hernandez was poor from the beginning and I didn't want us to sign RVP as he would be a one season wonder, if he stayed fit..

Hernandez is just £#%&!ing £#%&! get the £#%&! out of here with that shit. Your love of the perennial substitute undermines everything you post.

Welbeck also represents all the qualities that the United forward line is completely devoid of.
right now, I'd take a one season wonder.

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:02 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Is he? Really?
No. No he's not.

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Think that bird has flown for the majority of our forwards. Wilson not even there yet.

Maybe Powell can shock us all

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No. No he's not.
Go on, which of the 3 would you pick ahead of him and why?

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Right now, I'd take a one-game wonder.

Quote:

Go on, which of the 3 would you pick ahead of him and why?
All of them, plus McNair.

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Right now, I'd take a one-game wonder.

All of them, plus McNair.
Well then you're a £#%&!ing idiot, as suspected.

Arsenal wouldn't play any of our strikers btw.

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
Well then you're a £#%&!ing idiot, as suspected.

Arsenal wouldn't play any of our strikers btw.
But you know I'm not, so stop being silly.

Your constant defending of the indefensible provokes those types of response.

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
But you know I'm not, so stop being silly.

Your constant defending of the indefensible provokes those types of response.
The indefensible is our current collection of forwards, which incidentally you just defended.

And allowing Welbeck to leave without suitably replacing him, which I certainly am not defending.

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:15 PM
utd99

Quote:
The indefensible is our current collection of forwards, which incidentally you just defended.

And allowing Welbeck to leave without suitably replacing him, which I certainly am not defending.
I didn't defend them, I said I'd prefer any of them to Welbeck. He had his shot and we saw the result, time to move on. Others may also blow their shot, but potential failure does not equal realized failure, which is what Welbeck was.

What do you replace failure with, more failure? Then you should be happy. The point you are missing is that regardless of what Van Persie, Falcao, and Rooney are doing now, they have been successful at goalscoring in the past, something Welbeck never has. As far as Wilson is concerned there are people at the club who believe his upside is greater than that of Welbeck so therefore deserves the same chance young Danny got, something he wouldn't get if young Danny was still here stinking the place up.

And while we are at it, let's not forget that he had the privilege to play for one of the biggest, most prestigious clubs in the world and what did he do? Moaned about his position. The same position from where Ronaldo scored 40-odd goals in a season and young Danny got 1, obviously oblivious to the fact that had he actually done a good job at centre forward he would have played there more.

Sorry, but he was nowhere good enough to be a primadona mate.

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
I didn't defend them, I said I'd prefer any of them to Welbeck. He had his shot and we saw the result, time to move on. Others may also blow their shot, but potential failure does not equal realized failure, which is what Welbeck was.

What do you replace failure with, more failure? Then you should be happy. The point you are missing is that regardless of what Van Persie, Falcao, and Rooney are doing now, they have been successful at goalscoring in the past, something Welbeck never has. As far as Wilson is concerned there are people at the club who believe his upside is greater than that of Welbeck so therefore deserves the same chance young Danny got, something he wouldn't get if young Danny was still here stinking the place up.
What a heap of shite

Welbeck wasn't a failure by any stretch.

What's not been replaced are the qualities he brought to the team, they were sacrificed because he didn't score enough goals, instead the goal machine Falcao has been brought in. Hope all those that couldn't wait to see the back of Welbeck are happy Wilson does deserve the chance and he would've got it were Welbeck here, given Falcao wouldn't have been and Rooney would still be a midfielder

As has been pointed out, when Welbeck played upfront last season he had a better goal return than any of our other forwards.

Incidentally, wtf did Rooney do wrong when played up top that convinced LvG that he was forevermore a midfielder that neither RvP and Falcao have achieved?

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:31 PM
jem

Quote:
Incidentally, wtf did Rooney do wrong when played up top that convinced LvG that he was forevermore a midfielder that neither RvP and Falcao have achieved?
rooney didn't do anything wrong. it's just that the other two couldn't play midfield.

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Football

Welbz had a better chance conversion rate that RvP last season iirc.

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
rooney didn't do anything wrong. it's just that the other two couldn't play midfield.
Which is just £#%&!ing stupid.

He'll be playing RB next season ffs :shakehead:

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:35 PM
jem

Quote:
Which is just £#%&!ing stupid.
well, yeah.

£#%&!ing hell... all those people whining about how shit rooney is. imagine if we had van persie playing midfield. not even hollywood balls. :shakehead:

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:37 PM
utd99

Quote:
What a heap of shite

Welbeck wasn't a failure by any stretch.

What's not been replaced are the qualities he brought to the team, they were sacrificed because he didn't score enough goals, instead the goal machine Falcao has been brought in. Hope all those that couldn't wait to see the back of Welbeck are happy Wilson does deserve the chance and he would've got it were Welbeck here, given Falcao wouldn't have been and Rooney would still be a midfielder

As has been pointed out, when Welbeck played upfront last season he had a better goal return than any of our other forwards.

It's a heap of shite because you don't have it in you to admit you are wrong about anything. It's not hard, look I was wrong about Moyes, at the beginning I thought he might do a fair job. Wasn't to be. I also thought Fellaini might be better than he turned out to be. Wrong again. It's no crime to be wrong, we are all guilty of it. But it's people like you who marry a position and then defend it with their life when every other @#%&! on the board can see it's ridiculous that defies explanation.

Let it go, it's not a badge.

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:40 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
It's a heap of shite because you don't have it in you to admit you are wrong about anything. It's not hard, look I was wrong about Moyes, at the beginning I thought he might do a fair job. Wasn't to be. I also thought Fellaini might be better than he turned out to be. Wrong again. It's no crime to be wrong, we are all guilty of it. But it's people like you who marry a position and then defend it with their life when every other @#%&! on the board can see it's ridiculous that defies explanation.

Let it go, it's not a badge.
That's because I'm not wrong.

Seeing as though you're so well versed, you should spit it out now, as you're absolutely wrong.

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well, yeah.

£#%&!ing hell... all those people whining about how shit rooney is. imagine if we had van persie playing midfield. not even hollywood balls. :shakehead:
There's a difference between saying someone is shit, and saying they have been shit.

Regardless of your position on Rooney overall, he has been shit.

Quote:
That's because I'm not wrong.

Seeing as though you're so well versed, you should spit it out now, as you're absolutely wrong.
But that's just it, I know the difference.

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:56 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well, yeah.

Just think, we could have had Danny Welbeck in midfield.

Unread 09-02-2015, 10:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
But that's just it, I know the difference.
Clearly not.

Anyhoo, this is clearly a difference of opinion. I'm of the opinion Welbeck's qualities would've been of more use to us than Falcao's at least until a better player could've been signed to replace him.

Unread 09-02-2015, 11:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Clearly not.
I'm winding you up a bit Dunkage, but I have to say you hold onto a position in the face of contrary evidence like no other. I don't know whether to admire it or be appalled by it.