United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-06-2019, 02:00 PM
browser

Still no concrete links to a centre half (ignoring all the %@#$&!s about de Ligt)

The biggest hole in the squad needs fixing ASAP. Priority should be to sell Jones and Rojo and get someone decent in while promoting Axel

Unread 10-06-2019, 04:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
you missed mangala 42 million has played 4 games under pep i think
The point is, they can afford it.

Us, not so much.

Unread 10-06-2019, 06:02 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
you missed mangala 42 million has played 4 games under pep i think
Didn’t Marlo say it was over 60m+? City cook the books, you can add another 20/30m on top of all their transfers plus another couple hundred thousand on top of the wages the £#%&!ing corrupt @#%&!s

Unread 11-06-2019, 08:26 AM
sa7

Donny van de Beek according to this morning's internet bullshit.

Just pulling names out their backsides in the hope that one sticks and they can claim sage points.

Unread 11-06-2019, 08:46 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

Just pulling names out their backsides in the hope that one sticks and they can claim sage points.
AKA "The Pure Method"

Unread 11-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

I think we can be pretty certain that the club are after Maguire and Bisakka. Everything beyond that is probably a guess or the work of agents trying to get a big move/improved contract for their clients.

I think James, Bissaka and a centre back (probably Maguire) will be the sum of our business. Maybe Fernandes if we're lucky.

The summer should have been about shifting the likes of Young, Matic, Lukaku, Jones etc... off the books. Who came in was less important. We need to build a culture.

Unread 11-06-2019, 11:01 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I think we can be pretty certain that the club are after Maguire and Bisakka. Everything beyond that is probably a guess or the work of agents trying to get a big move/improved contract for their clients.

I think James, Bissaka and a centre back (probably Maguire) will be the sum of our business. Maybe Fernandes if we're lucky.

The summer should have been about shifting the likes of Young, Matic, Lukaku, Jones etc... off the books. Who came in was less important. We need to build a culture.
Fernandes deal is very close

Unread 11-06-2019, 11:19 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Didn’t Marlo say it was over 60m+? City cook the books, you can add another 20/30m on top of all their transfers plus another couple hundred thousand on top of the wages the £#%&!ing corrupt @#%&!s
Of course.

It’s strange now hearing people going on about players only going to United “for the money” as if Aguero, Toure and David Silva we’re joining City in 2011 for the joy of playing for a team who’d won 1 trophy in 40 years.

Unread 11-06-2019, 11:31 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Fernandes deal is very close

Unread 11-06-2019, 11:46 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Of course.

It’s strange now hearing people going on about players only going to United “for the money” as if Aguero, Toure and David Silva we’re joining City in 2011 for the joy of playing for a team who’d won 1 trophy in 40 years.
Their money seems limitless and as much as we (Woodward) like to flash the cash, players like Sanchez swallowing up the wage bill will have an effect. Speaking of Sanchez, City might well have been after him but the fact they weren't willing to match us shows that they probably didn't see him as worthwhile; I've no doubt if they did they'd have the money for it. This is the difference between us and City in recent years; they've spent huge amounts on younger prospects in positions they felt needed strengthening, we've spent huge amounts on countless left wingers and attacking midfielders, neglecting big chunks of the pitch and subsequently leaving us with big Ash at right back and Juan £#%&!ing Mata as our right winger. If we had semi-competent people working on the board, and an actual transfer strategy in place, we mightn't be winning things right now but we'd be up there at least. We've now left ourselves in a position we needn't have been in, as we just look in a permanent state of crisis. We simply must spend big this summer, on young talent with something to prove. Anything less is akin to giving up and being happy with the state of things as far as I'm concerned.

Unread 11-06-2019, 12:07 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Of course.

No, when they went to City they were 'excited about the project' whereas we're a laughing stock who can only throw money at the problems because no CL football means we're no better than Nice or Schalke apparently.

Unread 11-06-2019, 05:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
No, when they went to City they were 'excited about the project' whereas we're a laughing stock who can only throw money at the problems because no CL football means we're no better than Nice or Schalke apparently.
Especially since said "project" involved them getting vast amounts of money.

Unread 11-06-2019, 05:24 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Especially since said "project" involved them getting vast amounts of money.
Well duh. But for even vaster amounts we get the dedication and commitment to the cause shown by Di María, Sanchez and Pogba.

£#%&! that.

Unread 11-06-2019, 05:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Well duh. But for even vaster amounts we get the dedication and commitment to the cause shown by Di María, Sanchez and Pogba.

£#%&! that.
Well that's cos as already said they had the sense to mainly sign younger players with something to prove.

OK, Pogba is young as well - its just our bad luck that he is also the footballing equivalent of Chuka Umunna

Unread 11-06-2019, 07:44 PM
browser

There are shit tons of good players at smaller clubs that would join us and improve the squad

Wan Bissaka
Ziyech
Van de beek
Dias
Maguire
Koulibaly
Rice
Barella
Maddison
Ndombele
Havertz
Doucoure

The problem is still the lack of a DoF to prioritise and negotiate. Woodward has proved time and time again that he’s incapable of recruiting properly. We need to get the structure in place or we’ll continue lurching from window to window without a plan and be used as negotiating pawns for agents and selling teams.

Unread 11-06-2019, 08:10 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
There are shit tons of good players at smaller clubs that would join us and improve the squad

Wan Bissaka
Ziyech
Van de beek
Dias
Maguire
Koulibaly
Rice
Barella
Maddison
Ndombele
Havertz
Doucoure

The problem is still the lack of a DoF to prioritise and negotiate. Woodward has proved time and time again that he’s incapable of recruiting properly. We need to get the structure in place or we’ll continue lurching from window to window without a plan and be used as negotiating pawns for agents and selling teams.
And a striker. Job done.

Unread 11-06-2019, 08:13 PM
andyroo

Barella has nutter potential

Though I might just be basing that on the Twitter vid I saw today of him kicking a ball away in frustration that clocked a ballboy full in the face

Unread 13-06-2019, 03:09 PM
AK14

So James is done and Obi Wan looks to be the next one we’ll get done, but other than possibly Maguire I don’t think we’ll sign anyone else.

Unread 13-06-2019, 03:23 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
And a striker. Job done.

Unread 13-06-2019, 03:40 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
So James is done and Obi Wan looks to be the next one we’ll get done, but other than possibly Maguire I don’t think we’ll sign anyone else.
and why is that
Closed Thread