United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2021, 03:21 PM
dunk

Unread 03-05-2021, 03:37 PM
Switching Off

All well and good talking about it. They need to legislate for fan representation on every board now. Make it a condition of PL entry.

Unread 03-05-2021, 03:54 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Fans who two weeks ago were pissing their pants about the ‘soul of football’ should see this as an opportunity to start something important and potentially revolutionary.
Instead they’re sticking to nice, safe ABUism. #@&%!s.
There is probably subconsus, fear that if they saved football's soul properly it would hand United the key to the Kingdom and United would dominate football for years to come. The Glazer ownership has been the perfect handbreak on United's pointental in post SAF era for many off them thats why some of the other rival fans are criticsing United fans over the protests.

Unread 03-05-2021, 03:54 PM
Switching Off

Unread 03-05-2021, 04:08 PM
sweetleftfoot

Unread 03-05-2021, 04:15 PM
Switching Off

Fans saw the Glazers’ money tricks 16 years ago but no one listened
David Conn

https://www.theguardian.com/football...premier-league

Unread 03-05-2021, 04:18 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot

Unread 03-05-2021, 04:55 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
David Conn

He can never help giving Abu Dhabi a blowie can he? It would be a decent article otherwise but he loses credibility for me in just glossily going along with the lie about how great citys buyout is for us all

Unread 03-05-2021, 04:57 PM
Hyman_Roth

Thumbs up

Quote:
David Conn

Decent article.

Unread 03-05-2021, 04:57 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin
He can never help giving Abu Dhabi a blowie can he? It would be a decent article otherwise but he loses credibility for me in just glossily going along with the lie about how great citys buyout is for us all

Had City in one hand and Woodward in the other. Neil Ashton doing a fantastic job for him. Lying scum

Unread 03-05-2021, 05:11 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin
Tbf he does very briefly touch on the sports washing aspect.

Unread 03-05-2021, 05:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Had City in one hand and Woodward in the other. Neil Ashton doing a fantastic job for him. Lying scum
The football media in this country are utterly besotted with City and Guardiola. You have to admit City's PR machine is nothing if not effective. Every single member of the media in this country is on message. Nothing ever deviates from the football team and the manager, how wonderful they are, how dominant the football they play is etc etc. Nobody ever looks beyond that.

Nobody bothered to ask why all their sponsors were owned by the same people that owned the club, nobody bothered to wonder why they were suddenly able to command the same type of sponsorship money as clubs like Real Madrid and Bayern Munich despite having nowhere near the global appeal and not a fraction of the success.

I maintain to this day that aside from 1 or 2 exceptions, the football media in this country are nothing more than cheerleaders, employed to keep pimping out the premier league product and telling everyone how wonderful it is. The very idea that any of them would ever try and hold a premier league club to higher account is fantasy. They are supine.

Unread 03-05-2021, 05:16 PM
Switching Off

Carragher: if you have a different opinion fine, but at least get the facts. Dont go on about net spend and they're only doing it because they're not winning. They were doing it in 2005 when they were winning everything. Its lazy punditry.

Sorry Magic, hes gone up in my estimation

Unread 03-05-2021, 05:19 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Carragher: if you have a different opinion fine, but at least get the facts. Dont go on about net spend and they're only doing it because they're not winning. They were doing it in 2005 when they were winning everything. Its lazy punditry.

Basically called Souness a lazy pundit just then. Fair play to the scouse @#%&!.

Unread 03-05-2021, 05:21 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Basically called Souness a lazy pundit just then. Fair play to the scouse @#%&!.
Jenas and Shearer too, basically that's what they were saying last night, when they discussed the Glazerships reign.

Unread 03-05-2021, 05:23 PM
Fat Al

Quote:

Truly, yesterday was a day of days.

Unread 03-05-2021, 05:24 PM
utd99

I’m with Schmeichel on this one. Legend.

Unread 03-05-2021, 06:17 PM
otbarney

Quote:

He went up in my estimation when he gobbed at Maggers tbh.

Unread 03-05-2021, 06:23 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney

Unread 03-05-2021, 06:26 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
It’s what any rational person would do gazing upon that face
Closed Thread