United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 16-05-2024, 10:57 AM
Jethro

Least we got to see some of his famous slide tackles last night.

Unread 16-05-2024, 11:00 AM
Stickman

Bat, I’m an Amrabat, and I dance dance dance….

Unread 16-05-2024, 11:19 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
getting away with a pen after losing the ball where you should never lose the ball
responsible for their equaliser after losing the ball where you should never lose the ball
i suppose if you blank from your mind every mistake a player makes during a game then yes, the conclusion will always be positive
however, bat's mistakes are severe enough that they should never be ignored
hoping he doesnt repeat it in the cup final
he's definitely got it in him to misplace a 5 yard pass and slip haaland in
you're an idiot.

everyone in our team makes mistakes. however, he also made some very valuable contributions. the penalty, which could easily have been given, was accidental contact. he did not lose the ball for the equaliser. he has underhit a few simple passes. but the point is that, whilst he may not be the best midfielder in the world, he is the right type of player and he gives our team a better shape. it's no coincidence that we have looked far more in control in the last couple of games. using a magnifying glass on his individual mistakes is missing the point.

his lunges were far less dangerous and desperate that casemiro's, incidentally. but even cass made the tackle on the penalty.

no one is blanking out his mistakes. people who understand football see that his overall contribution is positive to the team. far more so that the alternatives, such as eriksen or rashford (unless you just count his goal against city and ignore the rest of his performance).

if we can put out a reasonable back four, the cup final midfield should be mainoo, cass and amrabat. it won't be, because 10h is a bloody-minded clown.

Unread 16-05-2024, 11:24 AM
larry

don't need a magnifying glass to see a nuclear bomb going off

Unread 16-05-2024, 11:50 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
you're an idiot.

everyone in our team makes mistakes. however, he also made some very valuable contributions. the penalty, which could easily have been given, was accidental contact. he did not lose the ball for the equaliser. he has underhit a few simple passes. but the point is that, whilst he may not be the best midfielder in the world, he is the right type of player and he gives our team a better shape. it's no coincidence that we have looked far more in control in the last couple of games. using a magnifying glass on his individual mistakes is missing the point.

his lunges were far less dangerous and desperate that casemiro's, incidentally. but even cass made the tackle on the penalty.

no one is blanking out his mistakes. people who understand football see that his overall contribution is positive to the team. far more so that the alternatives, such as eriksen or rashford (unless you just count his goal against city and ignore the rest of his performance).

if we can put out a reasonable back four, the cup final midfield should be mainoo, cass and amrabat. it won't be, because 10h is a bloody-minded clown.
We had 45% possession and still looked very vulnerable but that's not his fault. Agree he contributes more than Rashford or Eriksen but a robotic hoover could do that just by moving around.

Think you're right about Cup Final Midfield + Bruno (in a free role) then gives a choice of 2 from Hojlund/Garnacho/Amad/Rashford/Antony.

Unread 16-05-2024, 11:52 AM
jem

Quote:
don't need a magnifying glass to see a nuclear bomb going off
what you're doing is a bit of omphaloskepsis whilst a bomb is going off, if you'd just raise your £#%&!ing head.

Unread 16-05-2024, 11:57 AM
suedeshoes

He wasn't shit last night. He did alright. He should start the next match. This doesn't mean he's particularly good.

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:09 PM
ZiggyStardust

His last two performances have been strange in that as an elite level holding midfielder player they've been average to poor but even that level of performance has made a huge difference to the solidity and structure of the team

Why didn't ETH give him a run in that role earlier in the season instead sticking with Casemiro doing what the £#%&! he wanted in that role and showing no discipline

Imagine then the difference a top class holding midfielder would make to this team

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:27 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
Why didn't ETH give him a run in that role earlier in the season instead sticking with Casemiro doing what the £#%&! he wanted in that role and showing no discipline
look, he's had a lot to deal with, ok?

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:44 PM
Hyman_Roth

Bang on Jem and ziggles.

He’s not elite level at all but we are a better shape and more effective with his role in the team. It’s baffling that it’s taken ten hag until some dead matches at the end of the season to realise.

Unread 16-05-2024, 06:12 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Makes sense.

Just out of curiosity, why would Fiorentina be loaning him out? He seems to have played a lot of games for them and he’s only young so it seems a bit weird to me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Last year of his deal and he wanted a move because he knew United wanted him, by all accounts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
although you're still gutted you cant shape the narrative to be that they didnt want to keep him coz they think he's shit... better luck next time
Would just like to leave this here to see if it helps anyone's decision on UFW thread.

the surprising thing is larry genuinely is this stupid
used to think it was an act

Unread 16-05-2024, 06:16 PM
larry

difference between me and jem is i can admit when i was wrong
annoyed and surprised i ever posted that, i've hated amrabrat since before he joined
think i was posting more to contradict you tbh, rather than to stick up for bat

Unread 16-05-2024, 06:23 PM
believe

Quote:
annoyed and surprised i ever posted that, i've hated amrabrat since before he joined
think i was posting more to contradict you tbh, rather than to stick up for bat
don't worry pal it's pretty common round these parts.

Unread 16-05-2024, 06:25 PM
jem

Quote:
it's more of an issue for you, tbf.

Unread 16-05-2024, 06:26 PM
larry

Quote:
it's more of an issue for you, tbf.
show me one time you've admitted to being wrong

Unread 16-05-2024, 06:27 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
Ask him about pedals.

Unread 16-05-2024, 06:28 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Might take you some time to read through but he admitted to the folly of brexit in one of the aforementioned threads

Unread 16-05-2024, 06:33 PM
jem

Quote:
as I said, it's more of an issue for you.

Unread 16-05-2024, 06:36 PM
larry

Quote:
as I said, it's more of an issue for you.
yeah good answer

Unread 16-05-2024, 06:38 PM
jem

Quote:
yeah good answer
you have daily opportunities to admit to being wrong; I don't.