United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 09-02-2015, 07:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
But he's done so well at Arsenal where they play that type of football
Think they're actually quite happy with every aspect of his game other than goalscoring tbh

What he did at Spurs on Saturday for the Ozil goal - none of our current established strikers can open a team up in that way.

Worth remembering that Wilson has only started two league games, but we did win both of them. Hope to see more of him.

Unread 09-02-2015, 07:50 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Think they're actually quite happy with every aspect of his game other than goalscoring tbh

What he did at Spurs on Saturday for the Ozil goal - none of our current established strikers can open a team up in that way.

Worth remembering that Wilson has only started two league games, but we did win both of them. Hope to see more of him.

maybe the best all round striker to ever play for united.

Unread 09-02-2015, 07:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
But he's done so well at Arsenal where they play that type of football
The biggest criticism of him was always his final ball and finishing, no problems with that, he was infuriatingly inconsistent, the other one was that he was never on the end of stuff or in amongst at the end of moves, this was often because he's been a major part in the build up or occupied and dragged defenders away to make space, or just worn them out by running them all Over the show and battling them. Of course these aren't the stuff dreams are made of when talking about front players at United, but when your other forwards are getting on in years, becoming more static and the wide players you have are functional at best, you need those qualities from somewhere.

He may not be scoring for fun at Arsenal, but I bet they're glad they have him and he was straight back into the team for the Derby at weekend...

If we'd have kept him he'd be first name on the team sheet by now (other than Rooney, obv )

Unread 09-02-2015, 07:55 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Apparently he's the only striker with pace and power in the world. Grown to hate the words pace and power.

Unread 09-02-2015, 07:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Apparently he's the only striker with pace and power in the world. Grown to hate the words pace and power.
He's the only one that's been on the books of Manchester United since 2010.

Unread 09-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's the only one that's been on the books of Manchester United since 2010.

Unread 09-02-2015, 08:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
well played sir!

Rather him than Falcao atm tbh

Unread 09-02-2015, 08:07 PM
billynomates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
but at least van gaal's made it much more difficult for him to overtake bobby charlton's record.
Oh that's a real valid reason to let performance slip Scouse hate is one thing but not at the expense of the club FFS. Put Rooney back up top where he should be, if that was a wum well I bit ... you got me

Quote:

At least one member of the staff is supposed to hate Herrera for some reason.
Then that member of staff should get over it and put the club before personal shit. Agree, discipline is required, but so are results and when he plays, we play better

Unread 09-02-2015, 08:16 PM
HotChip

Quote:

He's starting to remind me of gary Birtles.
Bloody hell.

Unread 09-02-2015, 08:27 PM
jem

Quote:
We know van gaal likes creative, attacking football. We know he is extremely knowledgable and experienced. We also know he has access to far more information about the players than we do. Maybe, just maybe there's some logic and method to his madness.
the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I think that was in hamlet too.

Quote:
He's starting to remind me of gary Birtles.
who? :shakehead:

Unread 09-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Szekely

I don't see the point in discussing welbeck's attributes. He wasn't sold because he wasn't good enough. He was sold because his output didn't match the playing time he demanded. The fact that he's gone to arsenal and done pretty much exactly what he did at United shows his standard.

Unread 09-02-2015, 09:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szekely
I don't see the point in discussing welbeck's attributes. He wasn't sold because he wasn't good enough. He was sold because his output didn't match the playing time he demanded. The fact that he's gone to arsenal and done pretty much exactly what he did at United shows his standard.
Yet still better than all our forwards

Unread 09-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Is he? Really?

Unread 09-02-2015, 09:35 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Except at football.

Unread 09-02-2015, 09:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Is he? Really?
Well, possibly not if a chance lands at his feet 10-15 yards from goal, but at absolutely everything else, yes.

I'd imagine Fat Ronaldo is still better than all our strikers if we're just judging the ability to kick the ball at the goal though

Unread 09-02-2015, 09:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Well, possibly not if a chance lands at his feet 10-15 yards from goal, but at absolutely everything else, yes.

I'd imagine Fat Ronaldo is still better than all our strikers if we're just judging the ability to kick the ball at the goal though
Ok dunk.

Unread 09-02-2015, 09:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Ok dunk.
What? Rooney is now a midfielder. RvP can barely move and is clearly past it, Falcao can barely move and looks shot, Wilson is 18/19 and far from ready. All 3 missing guilt edged chances on the rare occasions they are involved enough to get them..

Unread 09-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Alan

Quote:

Why do you keep letting yourself down with this absolute balls?

You hate any United striker who isn't called danny welbeck. Rooney, RVP, Cheech and now Falcao. All hated because they have displaced that rubber legged donkey

Unread 09-02-2015, 09:48 PM
dunk

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Why do you keep letting yourself down with this absolute balls?

You hate any United striker who isn't called danny welbeck. Rooney, RVP, Cheech and now Falcao. All hated because they have displaced that rubber legged donkey
No. All hated for offering £#%&! all too often. I've hated Rooney since he turned to shit in '10-11. It was clear Hernandez was poor from the beginning and I didn't want us to sign RVP as he would be a one season wonder, if he stayed fit..

Hernandez is just £#%&!ing £#%&! get the £#%&! out of here with that shit. Your love of the perennial substitute undermines everything you post.

Welbeck also represents all the qualities that the United forward line is completely devoid of.

Unread 09-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Zorg

Quote:
What? Rooney is now a midfielder. RvP can barely move and is clearly past it, Falcao can barely move and looks shot, Wilson is 18/19 and far from ready. All 3 missing guilt edged chances on the rare occasions they are involved enough to get them..
Gilt.