United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-03-2024, 09:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Yep, always pissed me off. I went to Maine Road and Anfield when we were the very best we’ve ever been and we rarely slapped either of them. 5 -0 at OT when Kanshelskis was playing is probs the best we’ve done. We went 3-0 at Anfield and somehow managed to draw the game (if memory serves).

We’ve been slapped by both like there’s no tomorrow.

7-0 I mean £#%&! me, that’s got to be the worst result we’ve had since any of us have been alive. Even No Fun.
the 5-0 at old trafford and the 7-0 at Anfield will stand for a generation. That won't be avenged in our lifetimes. Absolute shambolic results that speak to a complete lack of professionalism as much as anything else.

Unread 02-03-2024, 10:07 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
the 5-0 at old trafford and the 7-0 at Anfield will stand for a generation. That won't be avenged in our lifetimes. Absolute shambolic results that speak to a complete lack of professionalism as much as anything else.
Think you mean the 6-1that city gave us. The best result we had against them was 5-0 at ot back in The day.

I agree though.

Unread 02-03-2024, 10:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Think you mean the 6-1that city gave us. The best result we had against them was 5-0 at ot back in The day.

I agree though.
No, the Liverpool 5-0 at old trafford under solksjaer.

Unread 02-03-2024, 10:17 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No, the Liverpool 5-0 at old trafford under solksjaer.
apologies pal. Crossed wires

Unread 02-03-2024, 10:23 PM
marlo

Quote:
Bad results for us. Top 4 or 5 really is looking unlikely. Judging by BJR’s comments, that will be the end of Erik.
And so should it be….

he lead the squad after a full pre season to bottom of the easiest champions league group, horrible performance after horrible performance since wolves (h) on the opening night, fell out with players, mismanaged the squad, can only get a decent result if Martinez plays and can’t even finish above villa or spurs to get ecl football.

Why should he even be given another season?

Unread 02-03-2024, 10:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
apologies pal. Crossed wires
understandable, we've been £#%&!ing humped so many times in the last few years you lose track

Unread 02-03-2024, 10:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Yep, always pissed me off. I went to Maine Road and Anfield when we were the very best we’ve ever been and we rarely slapped either of them. 5 -0 at OT when Kanshelskis was playing is probs the best we’ve done. We went 3-0 at Anfield and somehow managed to draw the game (if memory serves).

We’ve been slapped by both like there’s no tomorrow.

7-0 I mean £#%&! me, that’s got to be the worst result we’ve had since any of us have been alive. Even No Fun.
In my lifetime, we’ve never scored 4 at Anfield or won by more than two. I can’t recall us scoring 4 at city either

In recent years, we’ve shipped 4 to Liverpool twice. A 5-0 and a 7-0. 6 to City last season and even a 4-1 win for Liverpool at OT and the City 6-1 when we were actually good.

It’s truly disgusting. I said last season that we’re carrying that 7-0 with us for many years and I stand by it. It was a disaster of a season for liverpool and they still managed that.

As Sparky says, it’s an unforgivable level of professionalism.

Not holding my breath for us showing any backbone tomorrow either.

Unread 02-03-2024, 10:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
In my lifetime, we’ve never scored 4 at Anfield or won by more than two. I can’t recall us scoring 4 at city either

In recent years, we’ve shipped 4 to Liverpool twice. A 5-0 and a 7-0. 6 to City last season and even a 4-1 win for Liverpool at OT and the City 6-1 when we were actually good.

It’s truly disgusting. I said last season that we’re carrying that 7-0 with us for many years and I stand by it. It was a disaster of a season for liverpool and they still managed that.

Jesus Christ, it's Saturday night man !

Unread 02-03-2024, 10:40 PM
Finport Red

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Jesus Christ, it's Saturday night man !
Worst superhero ever.

Unread 02-03-2024, 10:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Worst superhero ever.
Elton John

Unread 02-03-2024, 10:43 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

On the bright side no-one talks about the spurs 6-1 or the 4-0’s to Brentford and Brighton

Unread 02-03-2024, 10:45 PM
Ethers

I’d genuinely forgotten about the 7-0 until someone just mentioned it. Arsed.

3-3 hurts far more.

Unread 02-03-2024, 10:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

3-3 hurts far more.

Unread 02-03-2024, 10:48 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

3-3 hurts far more.
the 3-3 where we won the league and liverpool finished 8th?
yeah me too mate

Unread 02-03-2024, 11:01 PM
Sparky***

Absolute shocker of an injury at Valencia

Unread 02-03-2024, 11:07 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
the 3-3 where we won the league and liverpool finished 8th?
yeah me too mate
Hurts is probably the wrong word.

But it genuinely annoys me more than almost any game I can think of. 3-0 up after 24 minutes ffs.

Unread 02-03-2024, 11:10 PM
Sparky***

2-2 final score valencia v Madrid

chaos at the end when in the 98th minute, bellingham thought he'd scored the winner but the ref had blown for full time as the ball was in the air

in the mayhem afterwards, bellingham has been shown a red card after the game for protesting at the ref.

Unread 02-03-2024, 11:10 PM
Zorg

The 3-3 at Anfield still boils my piss tbh. Roaring into a 3-0 lead after about 20 minutes or whatever, I thought ‘this is it’. Was getting ready for us to totally humiliate them once and for all. Then we switched off and let absolute nobodies like Nigel Clough and Neil Ruddock take charge.
I should be over it after 30 years but no, I’m not, £#%&! off.

Unread 02-03-2024, 11:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
The 3-3 at Anfield still boils my piss tbh. Roaring into a 3-0 lead after about 20 minutes or whatever, I thought ‘this is it’. Was getting ready for us to totally humiliate them once and for all. Then we switched off and let absolute nobodies like Nigel Clough and Neil Ruddock take charge.
I should be over it after 30 years but no, I’m not, £#%&! off.
nigel clough, £#%&!ing hell i forgot about him.

that was arguably their worst team in 40 years as well. They certainly haven't had a worse one since.

But again i go back to my post - there's a level of professionalism and pride that comes into it where you simply won't allow yourselves to be turned over like that.

the character and personality of this united side is absolutely £#%&!ing pathetic at times.

Unread 02-03-2024, 11:18 PM
Hyman_Roth

The 3-3 was horrific but we were good at the time so we could easily dust ourselves down and put it down to a bad day at the office.

The 7-0 was something else.