United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-01-2023, 03:49 PM
Vedder

Keep him

Unread 14-01-2023, 03:53 PM
Dasilvatwins

He actually controlled a ball and looked good a couple of times in a tight spot. Long way to go for him. But fair play he was good today.

Unread 14-01-2023, 03:56 PM
ZiggyStardust

This might be ETH's greatest achievement
Making AWB look like a footballer

Dalot has got a job on to keep the right back slot when fit

Unread 14-01-2023, 04:01 PM
AK14

He actually looks like he knows what a football is these days

But Diogo is still my number one RB.

Unread 14-01-2023, 04:08 PM
Wayne Jenkins

There was one sublime first time touch in the first-half which showed he was up for it.

He'll never be a top tier attacking full-back, but he showed some really nice technique, pretty clear his confidence has been raised.

Unread 14-01-2023, 04:12 PM
dunk

His first 12-15 months here he was fantastic for us, played just about every game in that time, no question he went to pieces for quite some time, but some of the shit said about him is £#%&!ing absurd tbh.

Unread 14-01-2023, 04:15 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
His first 12-15 months here he was fantastic for us, played just about every game in that time, no question he went to pieces for quite some time, but some of the shit said about him is £#%&!ing absurd tbh.
the only things that have let him down have been his positional sense and his attacking skills. his positional sense appears to have improved. as a tackler, we don't have anyone better. not sure anyone does. maybe the times he's had sterling in his pocket don't resonate so much now that everyone accepts sterling is utter shit.

Unread 14-01-2023, 04:16 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
He was very shit for a long while. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. He’s still yet to put in a cross that leads to a goal or look threatening going forward on the regular like shaw does for e.g

He played well today and his run forward did switch momentum. More of the same from him to change the opinion of him is required.

Unread 14-01-2023, 04:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He was very shit for a long while. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. He’s still yet to put in a cross that leads to a goal or look threatening going forward on the regular like shaw does for e.g

He played well today and his run forward did switch momentum. More of the same from him to change the opinion of him is required.
Literally crossed for Eriksen to score v Burnley

I’m not saying he wasn’t shit for ages, the opposite, but all the top games he had in the first season and a bit were just immediately struck from the record.

Unread 14-01-2023, 06:49 PM
Joe Biden

Remarkable turn around. Maybe hags greatest work. Has a higher ceiling that dalot, if he keeps going as he is eventually he'll be the first choice RB.

Unread 14-01-2023, 07:01 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Remarkable turn around. Maybe hags greatest work. Has a higher ceiling that dalot, if he keeps going as he is eventually he'll be the first choice RB.
I don't think he will ever be Ten Hag's choice as RB, has improved and been good recently, but I don't think his overall game will ever be good enough for Teh Hag. He may end up winning his place over Dalot but Ten Hag will rightly be looking for an upgrade on both, with one staying as cover imo.

Unread 14-01-2023, 07:14 PM
History

Fairplay to him. No where near the side pre WC. Has quietly worked away and is now in contention and hasn't let anyone down. Respect

Unread 14-01-2023, 07:42 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Literally crossed for Eriksen to score v Burnley

I’m not saying he wasn’t shit for ages, the opposite, but all the top games he had in the first season and a bit were just immediately struck from the record.
Fair enough I forgot about that. But I think even in that first season he was fantastic at defending , his attacking threat has always been lacking. If he builds on todays performance then of course he has a future. But there is alot of hard work and along way to go for him.

I think at the very least he looks to have earned the chance to redeem himself. (Though I wouldn’t lose any sleep if ETH bins him tomorrow )

Unread 14-01-2023, 07:53 PM
Jethro

This performance has been coming. Quietly going about his business the past few games but he was on another level today.

Sancho next.

Unread 14-01-2023, 08:17 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Fairplay to him. No where near the side pre WC. Has quietly worked away and is now in contention and hasn't let anyone down. Respect
It's hard to argue with that tbh with you

Unread 14-01-2023, 08:20 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Sancho next.
Even hag can't turn that wetwipe around.

Unread 14-01-2023, 10:29 PM
GBMUFC2020

cLOSE TO motm TENHAGG HAS GOT HIMPLAYIN

Unread 15-01-2023, 01:08 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Sancho next.
Then Greenwood

Unread 15-01-2023, 01:19 AM
jem

Quote: