United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-07-2017, 08:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Build him up so they can lose their minds when he doesn't sign. Matic would probably the better of the two in the short term tbh.
Not a huge Matic fan. I reckon Fabinho would do well but I'm not sure we will be especially looking to control possession in midfield. We were something like 4/5th in the possession stats last year. It's not a priority now, as it usually wasn't under Fergie, even though he had the players to do so.

So a Fabinho feels more likely than the deep-lying playmaker type.

Unread 11-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Alex Jones was Right

I think Herrera has everything needed to be the deep lying playmaker or defensive midfielder if we play 433. 2 box to box midfielders ahead of him would be perfect.

Unread 11-07-2017, 09:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I think Herrera has everything needed to be the deep lying playmaker or defensive midfielder if we play 433. 2 box to box midfielders ahead of him would be perfect.
nah.

Unread 11-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Except the playmaking skills

Unread 12-07-2017, 01:50 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Rashford, Lukaku and Miki I was thinking, maybe even Martial, Lukaku and Rashford, I don't have any problems with Rashford playing on the right. Then Perisic maybe and Mata to the mix. Some real options there and I think most importantly the space freed up will help Pogba in terms of goal scoring. Exciting times ahead methinks. Lots of horses for different courses nqat.
starting to think that this might not be such a bad idea, rather than signing yet another winger who may flop for us.

lots of power and pace in that forward three. could swap rashford for martial and it would still be fine. plus it'd be a waste if both of them spent the season on the bench.

we still need a new defensive mid though.

Unread 12-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
He's not really Carrick is he...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
starting to think that this might not be such a bad idea, rather than signing yet another winger who may flop for us.

lots of power and pace in that forward three. could swap rashford for martial and it would still be fine. plus it'd be a waste if both of them spent the season on the bench.

we still need a new defensive mid though.
Think we need a proper defensive midfielder and a winger and to keep Dave

Unread 13-07-2017, 02:24 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Except the playmaking skills
Good passer. Good vision. Did a number of creative through balls last season. Agression. Good discipline as highlighted by the man marking job he did last season on someone I forget. He has everything for the role.

I'd prefer him in that role than being an attacking midfielder alongside Pogba.

Unread 13-07-2017, 07:47 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Good passer. Good vision. Did a number of creative through balls last season. Agression. Good discipline as highlighted by the man marking job he did last season on someone I forget. He has everything for the role.

I'd prefer him in that role than being an attacking midfielder alongside Pogba.
Hazzard

His pass to Rashers was sublime in that game too

Unread 13-07-2017, 08:13 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
standard. people were losing their shit left, right and centre before we signed rom and now we're going to be, apparently, smashing teams left right and centre.

We'll see who else is brought in but regardless, they'll need time to settle. I think I prefer quiet optimism to outright giddiness tbh.
Mou will probably have seven of his own signings in the squad next season. He certainty won't have any excuse for not challenging for the title as he will have cleared out most of the shit @#%&!s and replaced them with his own choices

Unread 13-07-2017, 08:55 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Mou will probably have seven of his own signings in the squad next season. He certainty won't have any excuse for not challenging for the title as he will have cleared out most of the shit @#%&!s and replaced them with his own choices
No excuses if he plays Fellaini at all. Can't respect any manager that doesn't boot him out of the club.

Unread 13-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
No excuses if he plays Fellaini at all. Can't respect any manager that doesn't boot him out of the club.

Nah. He's obviously got a use, I'd just expect to see far less of him.

Moyes ( ), Van Gaal and Mourinho have all given him a lot of game time. He serves a purpose.

Unread 13-07-2017, 09:57 AM
andyroo

Chelsea have signed Bakayoko then.

People won't enjoy facing them etc

Unread 13-07-2017, 10:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Don't think anyone did anyway tbh.

Unread 13-07-2017, 10:23 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

You've spelt watching wrong

Unread 14-07-2017, 09:29 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Nah. He's obviously got a use, I'd just expect to see far less of him.

Moyes ( ), Van Gaal and Mourinho have all given him a lot of game time. He serves a purpose.
It's a purpose that should have no place in a united team.

Unread 15-07-2017, 10:51 AM
BarryX

A mock up first 11 for the upcoming season suggests we'll have the tallest PL team to win the title (should we go on and do it, of course). 6'2. It's a new era, surely we can't call this lot the shit c***s? At least, not to their faces...

Unread 13-08-2017, 06:00 PM
saffers

They're not enjoyin it

Still a space for silky boys like Blindy and Juanin as well. HeadŁ#%&! for the haters!

Unread 13-08-2017, 09:52 PM
Red Al

Just had a look on NUMB forum and even they see us as a big powerful top side(snide spending comments aside)and none of them expected anything other than a defeat today.
Don't forget over the last 3 or so years most teams like West Ham have fancied at least a point at OT
We are now the type of team we used to hate playing only a couple of years ago(meaning big fast aggressive bullying @#%&!s) on top of that we are not the finished product yet but have the top players to compete with the city/chelski type teams and the pace and power to beat the Stoke,West Ham type teams away on a cold dark winter night

Not getting carried away but we are going in the right direction

Unread 19-08-2017, 02:41 PM
saffers

Brutal.

Unread 19-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Brutal.
Closed Thread