United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-01-2011, 07:17 PM
borsuk

Default Re: So 20 league games on........

most points
games in hand
top scorers

this 'only top because the rest are shit' is %@#$&!s imho. the 25-man squad rule, and the threat of the fair play rule, has changed the whole league, stopping the top teams from basically keeping a squad of first-teamers and meaning the lower-level teams are much closer. the days of two teams finishing with two or three defeats all season are gone, i reckon nobody will get 90 points this year.

we're top by right, by virtue of being the best, not the least bad, of the sides in the league. oh, and we didn't do too bad in the cl group either.

we haven't played as well as we can, or should. but that's often the case in the first half of the season.

Unread 05-01-2011, 07:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
You just look at our away record currently and it looks bad, 7 draws from 9. But the home record is exceptional, and like you say, we're unbeaten.
Everton was a freak result we were superb seond half, Fulham we were robbed by our own slackness although they deserved a point maybe

Sunderland away was poor but we could easily have lost with the team we had out

Citeh away ..there was only one team trying to win they ended up with 6 in the middle ffs

Birmingham we were robbed

Unread 05-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Still really need someone who can carry the ball from midfield to attack on the left, Payet at Saint-Étienne is on fire this season, only 23, could give a nice boost. Having seen how well Ben Arfa was doing at Newcastle I wouldn't have major concerns at adapting.
Or we could spend a bit extra and get Hazard.

Unread 05-01-2011, 07:41 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Top by default is £#%&!ing ridiculous........ other 'contenders' are playing badly and slipping up
if..... then.........

better than liverpool? better than 72? whoop de £#%&!ing do. why would anyone complain about that? that's like me saying you're not as bad as throb.

Unread 05-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if..... then.........

better than liverpool? better than 72? whoop de £#%&!ing do. why would anyone complain about that? that's like me saying you're not as bad as throb.
No ifs, no then

We are top of the league because we have more points than anyone else in the league. Not for any other reason.

Unread 19-01-2011, 02:08 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Make the most of it, it ends at WHL.
Or maybe not...........unless you mean next season

Unread 19-01-2011, 02:37 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
This has to be one of the dullest sides i've seen us have.
been saying this for a fair bit.

unbeaten, but far from entertaining. in fact most weeks it's crushingly dull and desperate stuff.

i'll be stunned if we go the whole season unbeaten.

And I stand by my statement which i made weeks ago in that come springtime - we will suffer for these countless draws.

Unread 19-01-2011, 03:30 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
been saying this for a fair bit.

unbeaten, but far from entertaining. in fact most weeks it's crushingly dull and desperate stuff.

i'll be stunned if we go the whole season unbeaten.

And I stand by my statement which i made weeks ago in that come springtime - we will suffer for these countless draws.
I actually wouldn't be surprised - the defence is superb.

The rest of it is depressingly dull as £#%&!ing dishwater.

Unread 19-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Tumescent Throb

there've been a handful of routine wins as per usual at home. the two aways over xmas and the sunderland game, as well as the CL games, were all dull. other than that we've produced some cracking football and been involved in some brilliant football matches this season. the latest at Spurs wasn't exactly top quality, but it was hardly £#%&!ing dull now was it.

Unread 19-01-2011, 06:57 AM
bcred

Ah yes the United way...I've heard of this before.

Team : To win by playing attractive football.
Support : To moan even when we are top of the league.

Unread 31-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Still really need someone who can carry the ball from midfield to attack on the left, Payet at Saint-Étienne is on fire this season, only 23, could give a nice boost. Having seen how well Ben Arfa was doing at Newcastle I wouldn't have major concerns at adapting.
Chelsea have apparently bid £7m for this lad now.
Closed Thread