United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:52 PM
utd99

Default Re: 1/2 Season Player of the Year award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
don't use words unless you know what they mean.

this #@&%! is a tedious wum, probably the least entertaining one we've had so far.

1/10 must try harder.
What's the 1 for, because he "goes to games" (repeat ad nauseum)

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:53 PM
The Return of JC

I don't think we've been particularly lucky or unlucky this season.

Yes, Birmingham's goal should have been disallowed the other night, but we can't control the officials. What we can control is allowing players to comfortably swing crosses into the box when the opposition has just brought on a 6ft 7inch striker. We should've killed that game off, as we should've done with numerous others.

We're in a really really good position, but our away form needs to improve. It's also a bit of a monkey on our back too. We'd have closed that game out the other night had we won a few more games away, IMO.

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:54 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: 1/2 Season Player of the Year award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Yes, Birmingham's goal should have been disallowed the other night, but we can't control the officials. What we can control is allowing players to comfortably swing crosses into the box when the opposition has just brought on a 6ft 7inch striker. We should've killed that game off, as we should've done with numerous others.

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Tell you what though lads, it's a bit .... I don't know the word, to start nominating berbs for player of the year when 75% of the forum thought he was a useless @#%&! only a few weeks ago.

Unread 31-12-2010, 04:01 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Tell you what though lads, it's a bit .... I don't know the word, to start nominating berbs for player of the year when 75% of the forum thought he was a useless @#%&! only a few weeks ago.
Factual?

Unread 31-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Suplex?

Hulk-a-mania?

Unread 31-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Suplex?

Hulk-a-mania?
If I have my avatar as a picture of a wrestler, regularly write in the wrestling sub forum...is it likely that I'm going to be embarassed about watching wrestling? Especially from a London taxi driver ffs

Unread 31-12-2010, 04:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Factual?
If anything, Berbs deserves this "half time" award - simply because he had the haters convinced he had reverted to his old "shite" self for a while. Good to see them squirming now

Unread 31-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
If anything, Berbs deserves this "half time" award - simply because he had the haters convinced he had reverted to his old "shite" self for a while. Good to see them squirming now
I think it's funny to see some of the people who were so full of hate suddenly forgetting their little vendetta against him now

Unread 31-12-2010, 04:13 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Seriously, Borsuk. Your attitude towards me is become ever more spiteful and nasty. I know we all like to have a bit of bants on here but you seem to have a genuine dislike towards me - which i find quite sad for a man of your obvious intelligence, to get so agitated over my opinions.
agitated? don't be daft, it's a forum, it's all opinions. i'm sitting here doing some work and popping on every ten minutes when i fancy a break.

nothing personal in it, i'm sure you're a decent lad. some of your posts are hysterical in every sense though, some right slapped-arse stuff at times, most berties wouldn't slag united off the way you do tbh.

Unread 31-12-2010, 04:14 PM
magic_cantona

Nanners has been superb.

Berbs and Vidic run him very close though.Not much in it.

Unread 31-12-2010, 04:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I think it's funny to see some of the people who were so full of hate suddenly forgetting their little vendetta against him now
Bellers remains a "true believer" though, it would seem

Unread 31-12-2010, 04:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
agitated? don't be daft, it's a forum, it's all opinions. i'm sitting here doing some work and popping on every ten minutes when i fancy a break.

nothing personal in it, i'm sure you're a decent lad. some of your posts are hysterical in every sense though, some right slapped-arse stuff at times, most berties wouldn't slag united off the way you do tbh.
Yeah, but I cut the likes of Sparks and MJ some slack because it is obvious that they love United at the end of the day. Their sometimes excessive doom is simply a by-product of that......

I *could* mention one or two supposed "supporters" on here who actually seem to delight in any setback we suffer

Sparky***

Quote:

Woah, woah, woah! WTF?!

So you're saying i'm worse than a city fan?

Out of order.

I'll wait for your apology tbhurt

Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah, but I cut the likes of Sparks and MJ some slack because it is obvious that they love United at the end of the day. Their sometimes excessive doom is simply a by-product of that......

I *could* mention one or two supposed "supporters" on here who actually seem to delight in any setback we suffer
Marlo is one of them, who's the other? Liu Jian?

Unread 31-12-2010, 04:19 PM
utd99

Quote:
Seriously, Borsuk. Your attitude towards me is become ever more spiteful and nasty. I know we all like to have a bit of bants on here but you seem to have a genuine dislike towards me - which i find quite sad for a man of your obvious intelligence, to get so agitated over my opinions.

Quality will always shine through in the end though. No matter how much 'luck' you say is involved.

For me, I don't see vidic slipping as bad luck. I see it as the low point of one of the worst individual defensive performances i've seen at old trafford. He was awful that day. As were the rest of the team.
Don't want to seem like I'm jumping on the bandwagon here, but I think you're missing the point.

Every single year we have won the Prem (with the possible exception of 2000) there was a moment(s) during the season when we could have, and in many cases did, slag of Fergie and the team for mistakes we made, shit performances and wasted opportunities. In fact, how close did we come in the treble year to winning £#%&! all? We won the title by 1 point, had a penalty save in the semi against Arsenal and we all know the story of the CL final. What could have been a disastrous season became our greatest moments as supporters of this club. I think the lesson learned from that has to be to have faith in Fergie and let things pan out before making such harsh judgements.

Every season has it's highs and it's lows and none of us know what the ultimate outcome will be. I was £#%&!ing sick when Brum got their equalizer the other night. Some of the words I used to describe Bowyer will leave my son scarred for life, but the big picture is that we are still potentially 6 points ahead of City, 5 ahead of Arsenal and 7 ahead of Chelsea, and they are all £#%&!ing up too. We are in a great position, all of the pressure is with them to keep pace, and if in the end we win nothing then it is your right as a fan to complain all you like, but in the interim if Fergie has earned nothing else from his time in charge, it is that we have patience and faith.

We have the greatest manager of all time running our club, keep the faith.

Unread 31-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Marlo is one of them, who's the other? Liu Jian?
You seem obsessed with me. If I'm more positive in future, will you promise not to cyber-stalk me like you did Marlo?

Unread 31-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
You seem obsessed with me. If I'm more positive in future, will you promise not to cyber-stalk me like you did Marlo?
Yeah mate whatever

Unread 31-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Menace

Thumbs up Re: 1/2 Season Player of the Year award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Don't want to seem like I'm jumping on the bandwagon here, but I think you're missing the point.

Every single year we have won the Prem (with the possible exception of 2000) there was a moment(s) during the season when we could have, and in many cases did, slag of Fergie and the team for mistakes we made, shit performances and wasted opportunities. In fact, how close did we come in the treble year to winning £#%&! all? We won the title by 1 point, had a penalty save in the semi against Arsenal and we all know the story of the CL final. What could have been a disastrous season became our greatest moments as supporters of this club. I think the lesson learned from that has to be to have faith in Fergie and let things pan out before making such harsh judgements.

Every season has it's highs and it's lows and none of us know what the ultimate outcome will be. I was £#%&!ing sick when Brum got their equalizer the other night. Some of the words I used to describe Bowyer will leave my son scarred for life, but the big picture is that we are still potentially 6 points ahead of City, 5 ahead of Arsenal and 7 ahead of Chelsea, and they are all £#%&!ing up too. We are in a great position, all of the pressure is with them to keep pace, and if in the end we win nothing then it is your right as a fan to complain all you like, but in the interim if Fergie has earned nothing else from his time in charge, it is that we have patience and faith.

Excellent post.

Unread 31-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

Love it.
Closed Thread