United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2010, 03:53 PM
dunk

Default Re: If we could sell a few players in January and spend the cash

I'd be happy to see a real freshening, letting a good 7 or 8 leave...

Gibson
Tosic (if he's never going to £#%&!ing play)
Owen (£#%&! off, £#%&! off, fuuuccckkkkkk oofffffffF)
Scholes
Neville
Berbatov
Nani (although I would keep him, let's face it, he's £#%&!ed)
Hargreaves (if he's never going to £#%&!ing play)
Vidic (If he wants to go)
Foster (as Owen)

Could all go, one way or the other, should generate a few quid in sales and available wages, allow a few to come through and a few purchases, shake it up good and proper.

A fat squad is struggling, a lean, hungry squad is what's required, in terms of numbers, fewer numbers, more quality and energy.

Unread 04-01-2010, 03:57 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Agreed.
Obertan, Nani, Gibson aren't United standard and Anderson is a headless chicken.
Agreed, but maybe Obertan needs more time.His first touch is a worry though.

I was speaking to one of my uncles today about the game and he was £#%&!ing fuming."£#%&!ing Welbeck!His first touch means he has to chase the ball 15 yards for his next!".

Welbeck, is shit on the left wing, so his performances there aren't his fault.But his apalling first touch is.He's had some good finishes, but I just don't see him as United class.

My only worry with the likes of Gibbo and Welbeck is that Ferie wont want to admit defeat with them and he'll hang onto them for years yet.

And calling for Ferie's head is a £#%&!ing joke, btw.

Unread 04-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Sandman

I wouldn't mind us getting Lee Cattermole.

Unread 04-01-2010, 03:59 PM
El Chalten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I wouldn't mind us getting Lee Cattermole.
good call.

we could play him with Fletcher.

ffs!

nft.

Unread 04-01-2010, 04:01 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Gibson
Scholes
Neville
Berbatov
Foster (as Owen)

Could all go, one way or the other, should generate a few quid in sales and available wages, allow a few to come through and a few purchases, shake it up good and proper.

A fat squad is struggling, a lean, hungry squad is what's required, in terms of numbers, fewer numbers, more quality and energy.

Agree with most of that, except for Berbs and Hargo.Give Hargo til the Summer (lets face it, nobody is going to buy a crocked player in Jan anyway) to see if he can recover.If we can get him fit, he's a £#%&!ing superstar.

Unread 04-01-2010, 04:02 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

Gibson
Scholes
Neville
Berbatov
Foster (as Owen)

Good shout.

I would keep Scholes, Nev & Hargreaves though.
I think Scholes & Nev will be here for one more season after this one & I wouldn't begrudge them that.
Hargreaves is a terrific player & I at least want to see if he's gonna make a full recovery.

In principal I agree with you though.
The squad - particuarly in midfield is far too overpopulated...& most of them aren't doing the business or simply aren't good enough.

We need a good left winger, a creative central midfielder & a centre forward....maybe a goalkeeper too tbf.

Unread 04-01-2010, 04:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Agreed, but maybe Obertan needs more time.His first touch is a worry though.

I was speaking to one of my uncles today about the game and he was £#%&!ing fuming."£#%&!ing Welbeck!His first touch means he has to chase the ball 15 yards for his next!".

Welbeck, is shit on the left wing, so his performances there aren't his fault.But his apalling first touch is.He's had some good finishes, but I just don't see him as United class.

My only worry with the likes of Gibbo and Welbeck is that Ferie wont want to admit defeat with them and he'll hang onto them for years yet.

And calling for Ferie's head is a £#%&!ing joke, btw.
Absolute £#%&!ing %@#$&!s that. Once he mis-controlled it yesterday, from a ball by Obertan across the pitch that was behind him, he had to turn and go and get it and the spin took it off his foot and out for a throwing. The rest of the time his touch was excellent. His run, touch and cross produced the best ball into the box of the game, and his run touch and shot produced our best attempt on goal of the game, the keeper got very lucky. He was also fouled when losing the ball in the build up to the goal. His performance was one of the few bright spots and he shouldn't have been taken off.

Unread 04-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Zorg

It was painful watching former footballer Gary Neville I thought.

Unread 04-01-2010, 04:31 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Absolute £#%&!ing %@#$&!s that. Once he mis-controlled it yesterday, from a ball by Obertan across the pitch that was behind him, he had to turn and go and get it and the spin took it off his foot and out for a throwing. The rest of the time his touch was excellent. His run, touch and cross produced the best ball into the box of the game, and his run touch and shot produced our best attempt on goal of the game, the keeper got very lucky. He was also fouled when losing the ball in the build up to the goal. His performance was one of the few bright spots and he shouldn't have been taken off.
Again, lots of people have varying opinions of him, his talent and how he played yesterday.I've spoken to lots that have said he was shite, others that rated him.

As I've said, him playing out on the left is a waste of his pace and finishing but I also disagree with you regarding his touch.Think it's woeful at times.Obertan too (again, early days though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It was painful watching former footballer Gary Neville I thought.

Totally agree Just being able to run seems like a big ask for Neville now.

Unread 04-01-2010, 04:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Good shout.

I would keep Scholes, Nev & Hargreaves though.
I think Scholes & Nev will be here for one more season after this one & I wouldn't begrudge them that.
Hargreaves is a terrific player & I at least want to see if he's gonna make a full recovery.

In principal I agree with you though.
The squad - particuarly in midfield is far too overpopulated...& most of them aren't doing the business or simply aren't good enough.

We need a good left winger, a creative central midfielder & a centre forward....maybe a goalkeeper too tbf.
Scholes and Neville, as much as it pains me to say it, are gone. They are taking up space and wages in the squad. They need games, which could be better used on young players, and in the case of Scholes often require a system change to fit them in.

Agree on Hargreaves, if he gets fit, he can stay, but I have serious, serious doubts.

It may well be time to be ruthless with the squad. I have been after this sort of change, particularly with the midfield, for a couple of years. There is a serious lack of dynamic-ism in there.

Unread 04-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thought Neville struggled to get any kind of understanding with either Obertan or valncia, which isn't exactly a shock seeing as they've hardly ever played togetehr. It was always going to be a struggle using Neville and Evans in that defence yesterday, so the biggest worry to come out of the whole thing for me is the situation with Vidic. wtf is that all about?

Neville also seemed reluctant to put crosses in as well, and in fact United deliberately used the low ball (esp cut-back) all day rather than chucking it into the box. Leeds' defence looked very good and especially powerful, and was in stark contrast to ours.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Thought Neville struggled to get any kind of understanding with either Obertan or valncia, which isn't exactly a shock seeing as they've hardly ever played togetehr. It was always going to be a struggle using Neville and Evans in that defence yesterday, so the biggest worry to come out of the whole thing for me is the situation with Vidic. wtf is that all about?

Neville also seemed reluctant to put crosses in as well, and in fact United deliberately used the low ball (esp cut-back) all day rather than chucking it into the box. Leeds' defence looked very good and especially powerful, and was in stark contrast to ours.
Probably as a result of playing together week in, week out, as opposed to have never (?) played together before.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Probably as a result of playing together week in, week out, as opposed to have never (?) played together before.
No doubt. They were an impressive group.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:14 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Agree with that. I really hope there's nothing more to it than a slight injury, but you get the feeling from Fergie's post match quotes that he's not a happy bunny re; Vidic' last minute pull-out.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:20 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Agree with that. I really hope there's nothing more to it than a slight injury, but you get the feeling from Fergie's post match quotes that he's not a happy bunny re; Vidic' last minute pull-out.

I think the writing is well on the wall there.

Said before, with all this shit going on with him, and his stock being very high - we should sell now.......IF we can sign a replacement.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:21 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
If we could sell a few players in January and spend the cash

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Sloane

http://iltempo.ilsole24ore.com/sport...rci_bari.shtml

Poi, se ci scappa l'occasione, si proverà a prendere un esterno. Impegnato a Dubai per il meeting internazionale sul mercato, il ds giallorosso Pradè ha tenuto aperti i contatti con i vari procuratori in Italia. La Roma vorrebbe liberarsi di almeno uno tra Doni, Cicinho e Baptista, i tre brasiliani dall'ingaggio pesante. Nuovi movimenti attorno al portiere: il Manchester United è pronto a rifarsi sotto dopo aver perso Van der Sar che si è fermato per restare vicino alla moglie malata e vede vicina la fine della carriera: ha 39 anni. Doni potrebbe anche essere utilizzato in Champions dagli inglesi. Baptista continua ad aspettare l'Inter, Cicinho spera in un'offerta concreta dal Brasile («C'è una grossa possibilità che torni a giocare al San Paolo» ha detto ieri), ma è un altro il terzino destro in partenza: Motta non sente la stima del tecnico ed è pronto ad accasarsi al Siviglia. Nei giorni scorsi più di un contatto tra gli spagnoli e il club giallorosso, ma l'operazione è complicata. Il cartellino di Motta è a metà tra Roma e Udinese e per gennaio sarebbe possibile soltanto il prestito. Il Siviglia, che deve sostituire Sergio Sanchez alle prese con problemi cardiaci, chiede anche un'opzione per il riscatto. Si può fare soltanto se Roma e Udinese risolvono subito la comproprietà. Difficile. Cerci andrà al Bari in prestito, mentre Guberti preferisce la Sampdoria all'Atalanta per motivi economici. Okaka ha detto «sì» al Fulham e attende l'accordo tra i due club sulla formula del trasferimento. Ale. Aus.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:28 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

'IF'

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
http://iltempo.ilsole24ore.com/sport...rci_bari.shtml

Poi, se ci scappa l'occasione, si proverà a prendere un esterno. Impegnato a Dubai per il meeting internazionale sul mercato, il ds giallorosso Pradè ha tenuto aperti i contatti con i vari procuratori in Italia. La Roma vorrebbe liberarsi di almeno uno tra Doni, Cicinho e Baptista, i tre brasiliani dall'ingaggio pesante. Nuovi movimenti attorno al portiere: il Manchester United è pronto a rifarsi sotto dopo aver perso Van der Sar che si è fermato per restare vicino alla moglie malata e vede vicina la fine della carriera: ha 39 anni. Doni potrebbe anche essere utilizzato in Champions dagli inglesi. Baptista continua ad aspettare l'Inter, Cicinho spera in un'offerta concreta dal Brasile («C'è una grossa possibilità che torni a giocare al San Paolo» ha detto ieri), ma è un altro il terzino destro in partenza: Motta non sente la stima del tecnico ed è pronto ad accasarsi al Siviglia. Nei giorni scorsi più di un contatto tra gli spagnoli e il club giallorosso, ma l'operazione è complicata. Il cartellino di Motta è a metà tra Roma e Udinese e per gennaio sarebbe possibile soltanto il prestito. Il Siviglia, che deve sostituire Sergio Sanchez alle prese con problemi cardiaci, chiede anche un'opzione per il riscatto. Si può fare soltanto se Roma e Udinese risolvono subito la comproprietà. Difficile. Cerci andrà al Bari in prestito, mentre Guberti preferisce la Sampdoria all'Atalanta per motivi economici. Okaka ha detto «sì» al Fulham e attende l'accordo tra i due club sulla formula del trasferimento. Ale. Aus.
The same Doni that should have stopped 4 of the 7 we put past him in 2007?

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:45 PM
waynes ear's

whats phil nevilles contract situation like at everton?

Reckon he could do a job upfront
Closed Thread