United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Anyway, i think that Fergie should give Carrick a run out in the reserves along with Owen, Macheda, welbeck anf a few other squad players. Try and get him to play himself into form away from the spotlight. Certainlty worked for Anderson a coupla weeks back.
Carling Cup next week innit.

Unread 16-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Anyway, i think that Fergie should give Carrick a run out in the reserves along with Owen, Macheda, welbeck anf a few other squad players. Try and get him to play himself into form away from the spotlight. Certainlty worked for Anderson a coupla weeks back.
Why on earth hasn't he done it already?

Unread 16-09-2009, 12:55 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Carling Cup next week innit.
Ah yes, that'd be an excellent opportunity to do it in a vaguely meaningful game.

Unread 16-09-2009, 12:55 PM
borsuk

Quote:
yep. fletcher and giggs were rested and will come in for the derby, scholes is suspended, so surely anderson will play. that would give us three of the m/f four that started against spurs and i'd expect valencia to get the nod for the other spot - looked very good last night and was excellent for ecuador last week apparently.

Unread 16-09-2009, 12:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Why on earth hasn't he done it already?
Because he hates you.

Unread 16-09-2009, 12:57 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Well we could have upped the bid. We chose not to..
And chelsea would have walked away? Dream on sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Until he signed for Chelsea his record was pretty good wasn't it? Hargreaves was injury prone at Bayern.

You could argue Chelsea were unlucky with Essien's injuries but we knew what we were buying with Hargreaves.
The fact remains that Essien has missed massive chunks of Chelsea's title pushes which has partially led to them not winning titles. simples.

Unread 16-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Because he hates you.
He was Ok with me last time I saw him at the old post office in Prestbury.

Unread 16-09-2009, 12:59 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
And chelsea would have walked away? Dream on sir.

Erm, the fee was agreed wasn't it? Why would you up the bid? The problem wasn't the fee but Essien's preference for Chelsea wasn't it?

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:02 PM
dodger

Quote:
Erm, the fee was agreed wasn't it? Why would you up the bid? The problem wasn't the fee but Essien's preference for Chelsea wasn't it?
His preference for more money I think (and "the project" whatever that means). Whatever we offered, chelsea would have bettered it.
We should also remember that we didn't look like avery good bet for glory hunters at the time and cheslea did.

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
His preference for more money I think (and "the project" whatever that means). Whatever we offered, chelsea would have bettered it.
We should also remember that we didn't look like avery good bet for glory hunters at the time and cheslea did.
Fair enough.

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:10 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
carrick's spell of poor form has coincided with our shift towards a more orthodox 4-4-2. for the last few years he's generally played in a team with rooney widish left and the nominal left midfielder tucked in to make a three. in other words he's generally been playing in a team that either matches or outnumbers the opposition in central midfield, allowing him to sit deep in a quarterback-style role.

this season we're playing a more traditional english midfield front six with two wide players committed to getting forward and aggressive full backs overlapping. that means the role is now playing as part of a two and that places much more emphasis on mobility. i suspect carrick is finding the transition difficult because his game is less naturally suited to being part of a midfield two. that might well explain his troubles. last night should have suited him, though, so it was worrying that he still looked uncomfortable.

incidentally, i'm of the opinion that the style we seem to be playing this season will suit the likes of anderson, fletcher and hargreaves, who are genuine box to box players and should find the role a natural fit.
yeah...but carrick's best season for the club was probably his first season, 06-07, when we played 4-4-2.

i think your wasting your time trying to look for an explanation beyond "he's in a bad run of form and is low on confidence".

he will get over it eventually, not sure being demoted to the reserves is the answer though, might damage him even further.

Unread 16-09-2009, 01:14 PM
thankseric

I'm baffled. Has the FA brought in a rule saying 2 ex Spurs players can't play in the same team?
Closed Thread