United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Are you in favour of Big Jim’s deal to acquire 25% of the club?
Yes 72 70.59%
No 15 14.71%
Not arsed 15 14.71%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 26-12-2023, 04:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I’ve never claimed to be fully functioning adult

Unread 26-12-2023, 04:14 PM
redhegemony

Anything at the moment to get us even one rung up the ladder.

He's putting his reputation on the line somewhat and clearly not a dimwit so must have a plan. He must think something is achievable.

Yes from me , what else is there?

Unread 26-12-2023, 06:08 PM
Haggler

If you own a quarter of the house then you are not deciding on the wallpaper. 2.6 billion the parasites have taken out of the club when this gets nodded through.
Ratcliffe doesn’t have the wealth to throw around like Quataris would have.
When we lose to Villa Ten Hag decision will tell us if the revolution has started or not.
If TH keeps his job it shows nothing has changed.

Unread 26-12-2023, 06:13 PM
tatty

Marvin knows.

Unread 26-12-2023, 06:16 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggler
When we lose to Villa Ten Hag decision will tell us if the revolution has started or not.
sacking a manager is not evidence of the start of a revolution.
source: see every previous sacking since ferguson
it seems a large portion of our fan base is extremely thick.

Unread 26-12-2023, 06:25 PM
Hyman_Roth

It’s not perfect but it’s the only option available to us. And I prefer even a 25% BJR stake to full Qatar ownership. I would imagine that there’s an option to buy more of the class b shares from the glazers and secure majority control if certain metrics are reached. It’s a bit of an odd deal if there isn’t a route available to majority ownership.

Everyone has moaned for years about the hierarchy at United - here’s a platform for a new route - from a bloke who’s investing ineos cash primarily to drive a pr/brand/marketing game. It would be a huge personal and brand disaster if this £#%&!s up. The glazers on the other hand are silent US investors (shopping centres and the like) with no pr/brand skin in the game. We’re shit and they couldn’t give one aslong as their dividend gets paid.

This is different.

Unread 26-12-2023, 06:33 PM
no fun

Large James’s problem is that no matter how financially astute he is, and even if he manages to somehow become the majority shareholder, he is up against 2 state owned clubs* who will hoover up players and trophies with ease in the next few years…and the Qataris have money to burn and will soon invest in another club which will overtake us as well

It ain’t Looking good

* I’m still holding out some hope that City will get hammered over the 115 charges

Unread 26-12-2023, 07:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
It’s not perfect but it’s the only option available to us. And I prefer even a 25% BJR stake to full Qatar ownership. I would imagine that there’s an option to buy more of the class b shares from the glazers and secure majority control if certain metrics are reached. It’s a bit of an odd deal if there isn’t a route available to majority ownership.

Everyone has moaned for years about the hierarchy at United - here’s a platform for a new route - from a bloke who’s investing ineos cash primarily to drive a pr/brand/marketing game. It would be a huge personal and brand disaster if this £#%&!s up. The glazers on the other hand are silent US investors (shopping centres and the like) with no pr/brand skin in the game. We’re shit and they couldn’t give one aslong as their dividend gets paid.

This is different.
Yep.

INEOS and Ratcliffe are a different level of rich too. They’re not in it to make money. It wouldn’t touch the sides.

Unread 26-12-2023, 07:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
What's that definition of insanity again?

Unread 26-12-2023, 08:02 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Spending £86m on Antony? Buying Mason Mount when we needed a striker? Replacing a 6/10 keeper with a 4/10 keeper?

Unread 26-12-2023, 08:09 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Imagine wetting your knickers over “ There are no guarantees in sport”

You Qatar lads are very salty.
People are getting hysterical just for the craic now. I just want him in and doing bits now.

Terry Christian is a #@&%! head, isn't he?

Surely if ANY company is throwing away money on staff they don't need, this is a good thing and money can go elsewhere?

Unread 26-12-2023, 08:11 PM
believe

Quote:
Someone saying have they mentioned newcastles injuries even though no-one actually cares about them?

Unread 26-12-2023, 08:13 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
https://twitter.com/terrychristian/s...csv1GVDMA&s=19
https://twitter.com/UnitedStandMUFC/...JM5By-yug&s=19

Surely if ANY company is throwing away money on staff they don't need, this is a good thing and money can go elsewhere?

Let's hope the audit starts with the first team squad.

Unread 26-12-2023, 08:13 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
People are getting hysterical just for the craic now. I just want him in and doing bits now.

Terry Christian is a #@&%! head, isn't he?

https://twitter.com/terrychristian/s...csv1GVDMA&s=19
https://twitter.com/UnitedStandMUFC/...JM5By-yug&s=19

I would say this is a good thing. If there are people at the club in positions that are not needed then why are they employed that’s half the squad sold then

Unread 26-12-2023, 09:27 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggler
If you own a quarter of the house then you are not deciding on the wallpaper. 2.6 billion the parasites have taken out of the club when this gets nodded through.
Ratcliffe doesn’t have the wealth to throw around like Quataris would have.
If Ratcliff replaces ETH with Graham((Moyes the 2nd)Potter then it would not be long before even ETH's biggest critics start saying come back, ETH all is forgiven!

Quote:
Great point well made in-fact if anything it just gives some of the primma-donna's in that dressing room the oppotunity to throw yet another Manager under the bus every 2-3 years!

Quote:
Great point well made in-fact if anything it just gives some of the primma-donna's in that dressing room the oppotunity to throw yet another Manager under the bus every 2-3 years!

Unread 26-12-2023, 09:30 PM
tatty

Big Jim's investment is going to be worth an awful lot less if these results keep going the way they are.

Relegation Reds.

Unread 26-12-2023, 09:56 PM
puressence

Utd have around 1200 staff think city is about 750.

Unread 26-12-2023, 09:58 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Utd have around 1200 staff think city is about 750.
Wondered why we were getting beat today.

larry

ominous

Quote:
INEOS CEO Sir Jim Ratcliffe, who owns French side Nice and is hoping to become the next owner of Manchester United, has revealed that he tried to order the coach of the Ligue 1 side to pick certain players. In an extract of a new book Grit, Rigour & Humour: The Ineos Story, published in The Times, Ratcliffe showed his tendency to meddle in team affairs when explaining his frustration that new signings Ross Barkley and Aaron Ramsey, were not starting enough games under then coach Lucien Favre. Ratcliffe sacked Favre in January, replacing him with Didier Digard. But while the new coach gave Ramsey an increased run of starts, he only handed Barkley three Ligue 1 starts. Digard steered Nice away from the relegation to finish ninth in the table.
Quote:
"It’s driving me mad. “I keep saying, ‘[Dave Brailsford, Nice's sporting director] – tell him.’ And Dave says, ‘I can’t tell Favre who to pick – he’s the coach.’ So I say, ‘Well, I’m paying the wages.’ Seriously, I don’t want to interfere but there comes a point,” Ratcliffe said in the extract. “There’s clearly a good reservoir of Premier League players we can tap into. Because Nice is a nice place to be, even on loan. But if you start to get a rumour in the UK that it’s fine but you don’t get picked, it’s quite difficult to scotch. Look at Ramsey. He’s the best footballer we’ve got. He should be playing every week because, with game time, you settle down and confidence grows.

RedNick80

Quote:
Quote:
100%

Bald is best.