United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Before last night City hadn't lost since November, winning 18 out of 20 and battering most side they played.

It's been a lucky run, tbf.
as i've detailed above, since around xmas they have not been battering most sides they've played. they have ran out convincing winners against the likes of fulham and cardiff though, plus spurs who had an equaliser disallowed before being officially handicapped straight after half-time.

tbh i'm not surprised at your post though.

loving the "how can you mock other teams when we're 8th" line as well btw

Unread 04-02-2014, 02:55 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
loving the "how can you mock other teams when we're 8th" line as well btw
It's a pretty fair point tbf

Unread 04-02-2014, 02:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
as i've detailed above, since around xmas they have not been battering most sides they've played. they have ran out convincing winners against the likes of fulham and cardiff though, plus spurs who had an equaliser disallowed before being officially handicapped straight after half-time.
Plus West Ham. And Blackburn. Basically most of the sides they've been playing they've been sticking loads of goals past.

I agree that their squad is thin in areas, which is why they were trying to do something on deadline day, but I think it's a bit fanciful to think they've been anything other than ominously good over the last couple of months. I do fancy Barca to beat them, mind.

Unread 04-02-2014, 02:58 PM
andyroo

It's not so much a "how can you mock other teams?" (you can always do that) as a "how can you talk us up when we're eigtth?"

ps we're seventh.

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Plus West Ham. And Blackburn. Basically most of the sides they've been playing they've been sticking loads of goals past.

I agree that their squad is thin in areas, which is why they were trying to do something on deadline day, but I think it's a bit fanciful to think they've been anything other than ominously good over the last couple of months. I do fancy Barca to beat them, mind.
No chance

Be prepared for the worst

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Funny how when City lose once they're shit, but when United lose continuously it's all down to luck. Must be great living on planet Throb.

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

last night was the 2nd time in 4 home league games they've been out-played. in the other 2 they fell behind in 1 and scrambled a 1-0 in the other against Palace. the game before this run was the arsenal 6-3 which was a ridiculously poor standard defensively from both sides. in between times they've also struggles at home to Watford in the cup. true enough they battered west ham but then forest put 5 past them as well 2 days earlier, and they battered blackburn's reserves (including sub keeper iirc) in a replay that they were very lucky to even get after rovers gave them all sorts of trouble in the original tie.

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
No chance

Be prepared for the worst
Big Yaya chasing shadows, imo.

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

what city have is power and pace. they are very good on the counter against canon-fodder as well - absolutely ruthless. they finish games very strongly with a big physical advantage against many sides. they have also been clinical up front and that's what makes the difference for any team.

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
what city have is power and pace. they are very good on the counter against canon-fodder as well - absolutely ruthless. they finish games very strongly with a big physical advantage against many sides. they have also been clinical up front and that's what makes the difference for any team.
What part of being powerful, ruthless and clinical makes them lucky?

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Also enjoying a bit of freedom after years with Mancini's overbearing, restrictive style. There's a good atmosphere there atm.

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
the bit where the rocks wobble around in your skull

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:19 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up

Throb on fine form talking utter dogshit and arguing with the world I see.

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
the bit where the rocks wobble around in your skull
Brilliant

You aren't making any sense - Either City have a team of good players capable of regularly beating opponents or they are lucky

Which is is it?

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:22 PM
andyroo

Quote:
The £#%&!ing money they spawned off some @#%&! in Abu Dhabi.

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Brilliant

You aren't making any sense - Either City have a team of good players capable of regularly beating opponents or they are lucky

Which is is it?
that seems a fairly narrow control to me

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:44 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
that seems a fairly narrow control to me
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=73

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...1&postcount=75

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

you've got to curious effort there

edit: you've gone to it as well

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Throb on fine form talking utter dogshit and arguing with the world I see.
he just sees what way the consensus is leaning and goes against it. Whatever can solicitate the most responses.

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
you've got to curious effort there
Page before this one. Post 73 and 75. Even with the rocks in my skull it wasn't very difficult
Closed Thread