Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Sandman

Default Re: Tonights CL games

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Ozil is unbelievable.

No value though.
There's certainly no value in bidding for a player who doesn't want to come to United. Nice to see the usual mard arses using the same old tired lines though.

Unread 15-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
More or less I suppose. I'd be a lot happier if he said, "I wanted to buy this summer because our key players aren't getting any younger & I want us to be competetive in Europe, but unfortunately the funds aren't available at the moment" ...a bit of defiant honesty from the great man.

As it is, playing the 'no value' card for the second summer running & then using emotional blackmail by playing the 'Youth' card (before promptly loaning out the youngsters) was pretty hard to stomach.

We looked clueless last night against an awful side, much like Leeds United last season. We haven't improved the squad since then (Valencia's untimely injury means it's even worse) ...it's hard to see how we can improve on last season.
Do people still think there is money there to spend? Significant funds to strengthen I mean, not to just add bodies to a squad. Seriosuly?

He said earlier this week that he may have to buy big to replace Scholes/Giggs/Neville, do you believe that? It's hardly an endorsment for Rafael but in terms of the other two we do, he knows that I suspect but I have a feeling he also knows he can't.

We've been linked to Braga's left back this week and Ninis. Hardly the sort of players the current squad needs, or at the level needed. But this is Manchester United in 2010 and I seriously don't see any light at the end of the tunnel in terms of squad improvement. And when Fergie goes, step in Moyes to work on a zero to modest budget just as he has done at Everton. The Special One coming in? Arf.

I'm £#%&!ing thankful for what I've seen to date in terms of trophies won, great games, great players and so on but it's time to take some medicine and be a bit more realistic. Too many keep asking why aren't we in for him, why aren't we signing him etc. Competing with other top clubs for top players, establishyed players too, just don't see it happening. Gill showed his cards in the Summer, Utd won't enter a bidding war for anyone. Is that because a player should want to come to Utd, and that's that, or is that because we can't match what the other teams are offering.

The Glazer's have signed no 'star' as such since offloading Ronaldo and Tevez yet folk still turn up every week. Utd tick over and do just enough to please the money men. Is there a need for them to dig deep, is there £#%&!. Can they, probably not either.

Unread 15-09-2010, 09:15 PM
MagnificentSeven

Arsenal goal: These Arsenal goals are all pretty similar you know. Once again, the Gunners rip Braga's defence apart with a succession of crisp passes and this time it is Andrey Arshavin who plays in substitute Carlos Vela to lift the ball over Felipe - who is probably feeling like I do when I play in goal for our office 5-a-side team on Monday nights... hopelessly exposed.

beautiful football etc etc

Unread 15-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
There's certainly no value in bidding for a player who doesn't want to come to United. Nice to see the usual mard arses using the same old tired lines though.
"To the top players, the Premier League is attractive.

You look at what Manchester United and Chelsea have achieved over the last five years and you see it would be easy to be successful at two clubs like that. I see what Michael Ballack achieved at Chelsea and the quality of players he played with and the temptation becomes obvious.

Trophies are what matters to me. There are two teams in England always at the top and of course that’s attractive, but the same is true for La Liga. They’re the strongest leagues in the world.”

he was so against the idea

the truth is whether we were interested or not we cant compete financially anyway

Unread 15-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Baron

Fergie apparently tried to get him when he was a teenager & went to Bremen. So to miss out on a player who had progressed so quickly, & was available at £12m, thus negating any risk with regards to re-sale, is %@#$&!s.

Wages etc... just sack off Hargreaves.

Unread 15-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane

You look at what Manchester United and Chelsea have achieved over the last five years and you see it would be easy to be successful at two clubs like that. I see what Michael Ballack achieved at Chelsea and the quality of players he played with and the temptation becomes obvious.

Trophies are what matters to me. There are two teams in England always at the top and of course that’s attractive, but the same is true for La Liga. They’re the strongest leagues in the world.”

the truth is whether we were interested or not we cant compete financially anyway
No, the truth is he always wanted to go to Spain, players have a tendency of covering all their options just in case things don't go the way they wanted.

Unread 15-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Baron

stekelenburg looks decent in nets for Ajax, he's a big old unit as well.

Unread 15-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Time For Heroes

Just need a goal for Munchen now.

Got an Arse, Chav, Milan treble and Arse, Madrid, Shaktar, Munchen fourfold.

Edit: Danke Muller.

Unread 15-09-2010, 09:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Already been "linked" with him, haven't we??

Unread 15-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Fergie apparently tried to get him when he was a teenager & went to Bremen. So to miss out on a player who had progressed so quickly, & was available at £12m, thus negating any risk with regards to re-sale, is %@#$&!s.

Wages etc... just sack off Hargreaves.
But you've still got to have the cash to sign him, and the wages to offer. I'm assuming you think Utd had the former? I don't - not without further sales - but then I'm also of the opinion that we didn't spend anywhere near 7million on Bebe.

Unread 15-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Good keeper, solid, reliable. Surprised Arse didnt take a look this summer.

Whalefish

Quote:
Looks decent plus from the little I've seen he appears comfortable with the ball at his feet, something thats bloody important for keepers these days.

MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Yep, United had no chance of getting him. He definitely wanted to go to Madrid, that's why he wouldn't stop talking about Barca and said his kid walks round in a Barca shirt with Messi on.

Madrid were the ones who stepped up, and they got him, United didn't.

Absolute piss poor excuse that he DEFINITELY didn't wanna come to United tbh. That's the problem, apologists will still be making excuses in 3 years if we're fighting for/scraping 4th like Liverpool. It's become the norm now that we don't try and sign a good player it's because they DEFINITELY didn't wanna join United.

As boring as the 'no value' line imo. The 'no value' line is reality.

Unread 15-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yep, United had no chance of getting him. He definitely wanted to go to Madrid, that's why he wouldn't stop talking about Barca and said his kid walks round in a Barca shirt with Messi on.

Madrid were the ones who stepped up, and they got him, United didn't.

Absolute piss poor excuse that he DEFINITELY didn't wanna come to United tbh. That's the problem, apologists will still be making excuses in 3 years if we're fighting for/scraping 4th like Liverpool. It's become the norm now that we don't try and sign a good player it's because they DEFINITELY didn't wanna join United.

As boring as the 'no value' line imo. The 'no value' line is reality.
Please tell me we're not gonna be talking about Ozil in 3 years.

Part 36 Offer

muller no better than wellbeck eh?

absolute star in the making that lad; what a player

Yet another one I scouted.

MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane

Exactly, it's easy to 'have a look' at a player and say 'they never wanted to come here'.

Unread 15-09-2010, 09:27 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Please tell me we're not gonna be talking about Ozil in 3 years.
Nobody has mentioned him since the the transfer window shut tbh.

red @rmy

ffs Arsenal £#%&! fest in the papers tomorrow.

Whalefish

Fair £#%&!s to Arsenal, attacking intent and a little invention pays divedends. However, Port Vale could defend better than Braga their defence has been £#%&!ing awful.

ziggyman17

see all the top teams winning comfortable tonite.. and all there top players are playing, none of this shite of 10 changes.. two weeks into september and fergies resting players.. what for ?? if he keeps up this policy of resting players then we will win £#%&! all..
Closed Thread