United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-03-2019, 01:35 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And he is putting on an act to some degree tbf, when he left United for the last time he was in tears.

t.
Got to respect the big lad for trying to get a sense of how the supporters felt when watching united during that season.

On another note, is this the most ungracious classless exit we’ve ever had from any manager? Even big fat Ron went with less bitterness and he was the bluntest instrument you can find.

Even moysie had more class ffs.

Unread 28-03-2019, 07:51 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Expected him to be a bigger person than that tbh.

Throwing snide at Ole too?

It is good to see him commenting on Woodward not getting his main targets but settling for his 4th and 5th. We can’t blame woody though obviously...
just replying to the questions and in scholesy terms absolute right to mock him

second fav manager at utd after sir matt true story

Unread 28-03-2019, 12:54 PM
AK14

Louie won’t be happy with that!

Unread 28-03-2019, 01:52 PM
windy waffles

Shows how big we are compared to his other jobs when he never shuts the £#%&! up about us.

Hated, adored...

Unread 28-03-2019, 02:18 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Shows how big we are compared to his other jobs when he never shuts the £#%&! up about us.

Hated, adored...
He can't stfu about us, even wishes that our local rivals win the european cup while we're still in it and his old side ajax aswell. THAT level of spite

Yet his slaves on here still defend him?

Unread 28-03-2019, 02:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Nev just before he took the Valencia job.

Quote:
"If you put a Bale into that Manchester United team or a Cristiano Ronaldo into that team, that team could win the league. Because the structure that is being built at this moment in time is solid. But they need that match-winner, that someone who's going light up a game and score one or two goals, then all of a sudden they look like Barcelona, because they're dominating possession, they're making teams look foolish. I do think they're quite close when I'm thinking with my head."
Could be a Fredster with that flapping.

Unread 28-03-2019, 02:34 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Nev just before he took the Valencia job.

Could be a Fredster with that flapping.
So to paraphrase: "if we sign one of the best players in the world we will win more games". I can see why Valencia got rid of Santo for him, he's a tactical mastermind.

Unread 28-03-2019, 02:59 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
He can't stfu about us, even wishes that our local rivals win the european cup while we're still in it and his old side ajax aswell. THAT level of spite

Yet his slaves on here still defend him?
Think you’re forgetting what he did in 1995 pal

Unread 29-03-2019, 12:49 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
this.

he's a football man, not a supporter. he's just being honest, as he's always been
This.

Unread 31-03-2019, 02:58 AM
Singy211291

Van Gaal was shit. Only looked better because he is actually better than Moyes.

Van Gaal started all this stupid defensive tactics. You all remember when we more surprised when we actually scored? Noone wanted to watch.

Yeah he gave Rashford his debut but only because he HAD to pick someone to replace Martial. Lucky for us, it has worked out something beautiful.

The only exciting thing he did was fall over in front of the linesman. Other than that, he didn't appreciate the United way.

Unread 31-03-2019, 05:27 PM
red in cumbria

Siders won't like that......

Unread 20-04-2019, 11:59 PM
AK14

Talking about United again..

Unread 21-04-2019, 01:36 AM
utd99

Quote:
No link, bad form.

Unread 21-04-2019, 01:39 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
well it is hitlers birthday

Unread 21-04-2019, 10:18 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No link, bad form.

Unread 21-04-2019, 10:27 AM
messhead

What a big preening sulky Dutch bitchboy. Love the man but what the £#%&! does he expect against Barcelona etc. with the utter £#%&!atrons we have in our starting 11 at the moment. We saw what happens against the bigger clubs when we went all out in the second Barca leg (which we had to do); we got cut apart quickly. But I've no doubt in the long run Ole wants us starting every game fast paced and on the offensive.

Unread 21-04-2019, 10:30 AM
The Return of Tim

A few things on King Louis. We're all quick to say it was the worst football ever seen, but conveniently forget the day we went to Anfield and dominated like never before. Not even Fergie pulled out a performance like that, Fergie was all about smash and grab. But fair enough, we can say it was a one off.

Second thing. I remember at the time we were sold the idea of sticking with LVG because even if he doesn't achieve success during his time, he will put foundations in place for the next manager(s) which will lead to a period of success / dominance. What happened with that?

Thanks

Unread 21-04-2019, 10:38 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of Tim
A few things on King Louis. We're all quick to say it was the worst football ever seen, but conveniently forget the day we went to Anfield and dominated like never before. Not even Fergie pulled out a performance like that, Fergie was all about smash and grab. But fair enough, we can say it was a one off.

Second thing. I remember at the time we were sold the idea of sticking with LVG because even if he doesn't achieve success during his time, he will put foundations in place for the next manager(s) which will lead to a period of success / dominance. What happened with that?

Thanks
No one forgets the performance at Anfield and there are still a few people on here (myself included) who think he was better for the club than Mourinho. Which leads onto your next question quite well I think; Mourinho happened. Now I try and be as balanced as possible and I will maintain that had Mourinho been given backing last summer we'd be in with a shout this season. That said, he has a totally different mindset to LVG, where Van Gaal was obsessed with the minute details and playing a more possession based game, Mourinho is all about closing teams down and in fact I've read that his training focussed more on what was done off the ball than on it. So there's your answer. As others have said, our biggest problem at the club since Fergie left is not identifying and making clear the style of football we want to play; instead Woodward thought he was being smart going for names post-Moyes, when he should have been looking for the right fit. Whether OGS is that remains to be seen but he's certainly saying the right things. Fingers crossed.

Unread 21-04-2019, 10:46 AM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of Tim

Thanks
And we all remember that December in LVG’s second season, failed to beat West Ham at home, then lost to Bournemouth, Norwich, Stoke.

Thanks

Unread 21-04-2019, 10:47 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
No one forgets the performance at Anfield and there are still a few people on here (myself included) who think he was better for the club than Mourinho. Which leads onto your next question quite well I think; Mourinho happened. Now I try and be as balanced as possible and I will maintain that had Mourinho been given backing last summer we'd be in with a shout this season. That said, he has a totally different mindset to LVG, where Van Gaal was obsessed with the minute details and playing a more possession based game, Mourinho is all about closing teams down and in fact I've read that his training focussed more on what was done off the ball than on it. So there's your answer. As others have said, our biggest problem at the club since Fergie left is not identifying and making clear the style of football we want to play; instead Woodward thought he was being smart going for names post-Moyes, when he should have been looking for the right fit. Whether OGS is that remains to be seen but he's certainly saying the right things. Fingers crossed.
Nothing to do with “since Fergie left”. Fergie’s last few years were not the football that was formerly his trademark. Also, rather pointless quibbling over who has been the worst/best manager since. All irrelevant. The point is, since the £#%&!ing glazers took over, we’ve had shit football, even from Fergie, as well as “no value “ and “if there is a cow in a field “. The following managers never had a chance. I doubt if Ole will either. Until we get new owners all we have to look forward to is more of the same. We’ll probably sign Batistuta in the summer.
Closed Thread