Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Pogba was shite.
Shock...

Most overrated football in the game...

Unread 18-10-2015, 10:06 PM
Whip Hubley

Bloody hates poggers does bunks.

I happen to agree. Perfect for city and will end up there for schneiderlin to brown him

Unread 18-10-2015, 10:12 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Spoiler:
click to showhide

That's just it, he didn't do much at all really. I mean not anything that should attract the attention of a club like United. Imagine Barca, Real or Juventus going for him ffs

click to showhide
Barca took on Rijkaard and Enrique who were both mediocre club managers prior to Barca, Rijkaard got Sparta Rotterdam relegated for the first time in their history and Enrique was a disaster in Roma and mid table at Celta. They took Guardiola from their B Team and Gerardo Martino from South American leagues. So yeah I can see them taking a chance on someone who looks an odd choice.

Unread 18-10-2015, 10:29 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Barca took on Rijkaard and Enrique who were both mediocre club managers prior to Barca, Rijkaard got Sparta Rotterdam relegated for the first time in their history and Enrique was a disaster in Roma and mid table at Celta. They took Guardiola from their B Team and Gerardo Martino from South American leagues. So yeah I can see them taking a chance on someone who looks an odd choice.
Yep, fair points.

Still, I bet they interviewed them.

Unread 18-10-2015, 10:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Good grief

Unread 18-10-2015, 11:09 PM
Big Norm

Slightly awkward moment on Motd2 just now. Lawrenson heaping praise on Howard Kendall, then saying he would have won the European Cup, but stopped short of saying why he couldn't. The murdering scouse @#%&!.

Unread 18-10-2015, 11:10 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
may not have been a bad idea; at least he would have known the club and developed a working relationship with the players. he did at least acclimatise to the level everton were at, but in hindsight he didn't have a hope in hell going into a club like united cold. have thought since that understudying fergie for a few years would have been a better route.
its like the Busby handover had never happened...it was always my biggest fear as fergies reign was coming to an end.....and i was constantly banging on about an understudy coming in, a season or two before the big switch over......just not moyes

Unread 18-10-2015, 11:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
things could have been a lot worse....fegrie wanted him as his assistant before he even went to everton .......
That's the only way it could possibly have worked tbh (though it still wouldn't have done, obviously)

Unread 18-10-2015, 11:28 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That's the only way possibly have worked tbh (though it still wouldn't have done, obviously)
it was back then that the seeds of destruction were sown.......fergie must have seen his determination to be a manager rather than a number 2 as a positive thing.....well he certainly turned into a steaming number 2 in the end, didnt he ?

Unread 19-10-2015, 03:12 AM
utd99

I'd love to pin McClaren down and shave that infuriating bit of tumbleweed off his forehead.
Closed Thread