United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-02-2009, 12:51 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I don't see how you can support a team and not be biased tbh.
you can be biased at the best of times but when discussing two players and their performances it always make future arguments redundant if you cant call a spade a spade.

i wont say jos had a better game than macon just because he plays for us as if i did i havent a leg to stand on when discussing the game objectively.

Unread 25-02-2009, 12:51 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
two cars not at full tilt but the gulf in class is evident.
and therein lies the problem. ibrahimovic is never at full tilt on the big stage. a bentley that has only ever ran on hydrogen fuel, to stretch your awful car analogy.

Unread 25-02-2009, 12:52 AM
epson stylus photo 830u

Quote:
i wont say jos had a better game than macon just because he plays for us as if i did i havent a leg to stand on when discussing the game objectively.
To be fair to John O'Shea, he was excellent tonight (after his first 1/2 touches). Maicon was disappointing I thought. Shite delivery.

Unread 25-02-2009, 12:52 AM
Ether

Quote:
you can be biased at the best of times but when discussing two players and their performances it always make future arguments redundant if you cant call a spade a spade.

Yeah, because you're so objective about berbatov

I just don't get why you're so obsessed with bigging up some guy who doesn't play for us, and wasn't even particularly good

Unread 25-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
a player who had a immaculate first touch, near perfect control,vision, good use of both feet, ability to find space all the time and sublime skill.

The only time he used his left foot he ballooned it beyond the whole 18 yard box and set us up on the counter.

Quote:
you saw the amount of balls he put in the box, how many corners he earnt...

A contradiction of terms if there ever was one.

Quote:
If we are honest berbatov hid and probably touched the ball what 9 maybe 10 times in total.

The stats say different.

Quote:
ronaldo was meant to make runs off him but he didnt get the ball and turn once.

Was he? Didn't know you were privy to Fergie's tactics now.

Who told you...Mikel?

Quote:
also no coincidence the most knowledgable of football fans on here rate the lad while a few football novices who idolise rooney don't. funny that.

Just because you idolidse Serenity and S/Side, it doesn't mean they are they are the most knowledgable.

Football is about opinions.

Quote:

if you can watch the game today,see the glimpses of quality and say zlatan is crap while berbatov is god, I suggest you only discuss football with women.

Girlfriend and Newsie have a very extensive knowledge of the game for what its worth.

Quote:
Embarassing innit.

It's getting beyond that now.

Unread 25-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
talking out of your arse again

anyway

this is a united forum right?

how much longer are you mods gonna let this @#%&! come on here bragging about other teams and other players?

sick of this £#%&!ing shit tbh

Unread 25-02-2009, 12:58 AM
marlo

thought we could just analyse players performances objectively but i guess. isnt this what the thread WHICH WASNT STARTED BY ME was about?

apologies for being honest about the two players performances.

Unread 25-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Dueling Banjos

Getting boring now. It's about time the marlos gave up this particular angle of wummery.

Unread 25-02-2009, 01:15 AM
HollowmanVIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

anyway

how much longer are you mods gonna let this @#%&! come on here bragging about other teams and other players?

Unread 25-02-2009, 01:24 AM
HollowmanVIII

With regards to Zlatan though - there is no doubt he is a big talent, probably one of the best, if not the best 'skillfull big man' player. The problem being he has rarely stepped it up in the big stage, we've seen glimpses on International level.

I'm not sure if he'd fit in at United, wouldn't trust him. Although I'm sure he'd come out with some classic quotes to add to the funny ones he's said down the years.

"Who is the most beautiful girl in the world?" (2001):
"I haven't met her yet, but when I do, I will date her."

On the question what his girlfriend got when they got engaged:
"What she got? She got Zlatan."

Answer to critizism from John Carew that Zlatan's moves are pointless. (VG, April 2002):
"What Carew does with a football, I can do with an orange."

About if his new haircut in the World Cup was inspired by Magnus Hedman. (Aftonbladet, May 2002):
"No, I just went in and cut my hair and this is what I looked like when I came out.

At the press conference after the game against England. (2004)
Reporter: "You´we got some scars in your face, Zlatan. What has happened?"
Zlatan: "Well...I don´t know...you´ll have to ask your wife about that"

Unread 25-02-2009, 01:44 AM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Also, when he was at Malmo, one night he went around the red-light district dressed as a policeman arresting kerb-crawlers.

Truly insane, the lad.

Unread 25-02-2009, 02:19 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

anyway

Spot £#%&!ing on.

Unread 25-02-2009, 02:37 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jay
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Spot £#%&!ing on.
what a suprise.

reedy23(argument over running being cool) and magic cantona (still bitter at the nothing poster being bestowed upon him) trying to throw weight behind me being banned.

stop acting like girls. this thread wasnt even started by me and was started with the purpose of getting my attention

ive always been a fan of zlatan and not been to fond of berbatov.

and before the high horsers remind me of who plays for united, i remember people heaping praise on downing while slagging of a certain mr richardson who at the time played for us..

ill keep my opinions on players not playing for us to myself.

Unread 25-02-2009, 06:52 AM
Macca1990

Zlatan is shite nft.

Unread 25-02-2009, 07:05 AM
borsuk

only a complete #@&%! would see that game as any kind of 'duel' between individual players. it's the kind of shit that the papers make up because actually watching and thinking about the game is beyond them.

two teams of 11, one of which was far superior and will now put the other to the sword in the home leg. inter were desperate in that second half and they know full well that they will face a far stronger united in the second leg. they'll be scared shitless because whacking long balls up to two big men is not going to get them anywhere against rio and vidic.

Unread 25-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Whalefish

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Also, when he was at Malmo, one night he went around the red-light district dressed as a policeman arresting kerb-crawlers.

Truly insane, the lad.
Arf, that is fantastic.

Unread 25-02-2009, 08:54 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
what a suprise.

reedy23(argument over running being cool) and magic cantona (still bitter at the nothing poster being bestowed upon him) trying to throw weight behind me being banned.

stop acting like girls. this thread wasnt even started by me and was started with the purpose of getting my attention

and before the high horsers remind me of who plays for united, i remember people heaping praise on downing while slagging of a certain mr richardson who at the time played for us..

You're the King of #@&%!es, aren't you?

I'm not arsed whether you get banned or not, but this is a United forum and all you do (apart from post bullshit threads about your life and shit stir) is slate United players (Rooney especially) and tell us all how everyone else has better players and a better manager than us.

You can't say anything positive, ever.Unless it's about a 'champ' you've 'chirpsed' Everyone, to a man, is bored of the £#%&!ing rubbish you spout.

utdforum.com > marlosdailyblogandunitedplayerslating.com

Unread 25-02-2009, 09:58 AM
dodger

Quote:
Yep. If you want to see shite, look no further than Adriano
or "fat #@&%!" as I heard him described last night

Unread 25-02-2009, 10:02 AM
dodger

Quote:
what a suprise.

None of that changes the fact that Zlatan was utter £#%&!. Plus, he was sulking after about 20 mins last night. What a @#%&!.

Unread 25-02-2009, 12:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thought Berbatov had a good not great game last night, led the line pretty well, linked up with Ronnie and played 2 or 3 sublime passes. big "nose" on the other hand did very little really apart from a coupla times when he went wide. He did take one of the worst shots of all time though, truly embarrasing, reminded me of Neil Jenkins. Tbh, expecting vio to be objective about it is futile, he clearly has a full on mancrush on Big "Nose" and has stated repeatedly that he hates Berbatov and thinks he has ruined united. S'pose it is getting a bit dull, the constant slating of united players and pimping opposition ones.
Closed Thread