United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-04-2022, 10:21 AM
Whip Hubley

£50m for a massive leeds fan. Good to see we've learned absolutely nothing.

Probably bullshit though, do we really believe big Hagers has made this yawkshire poodle a priority....

Unread 27-04-2022, 10:25 AM
Ethers

The thought of Ten Hag coming in and immediately demanding Kalvin Phillips and Christian Eriksen is £#%&!ing hilarious tbf. Not having it

Unread 27-04-2022, 10:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The thought of Ten Hag coming in and immediately demanding Kalvin Phillips and Christian Eriksen is £#%&!ing hilarious tbf. Not having it

Unread 27-04-2022, 10:55 AM
Neo

One of the biggest and most effective cultural changes at United would be to immediately publicly end any transfer gossip for players we're not interested in.

Someone like Murtough or Rangnick should come out and categorically state we have no interest in this player, and its simply media hype. Would make us less of a laughing stock, and we'd get taken seriously as a football club.

Obviously it will never happen though, as the clickbait articles and social media attention that these stories gather plays perfectly into what the Glazers want the club to be - a vehicle to make them more profit.

The owners sicken me, and I honestly don't see a fix for this club until the parasitical Glazer disease has been eradicated from United's body.

Unread 27-04-2022, 10:59 AM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
One of the biggest and most effective cultural changes at United would be to immediately publicly end any transfer gossip for players we're not interested in.

Someone like Murtough or Rangnick should come out and categorically state we have no interest in this player, and its simply media hype. Would make us less of a laughing stock, and we'd get taken seriously as a football club.
Whilst I agree with what you're trying to achieve with this, it would quickly become a new twist on the same sad game.

The media keep on throwing out names, cross off the ones we say "£#%&! off, no" to and when we don't say "£#%&! off, no", there's your story.

Unread 27-04-2022, 11:26 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
£50m for a massive leeds fan. Good to see we've learned absolutely nothing.

Probably bullshit though, do we really believe big Hagers has made this yawkshire poodle a priority....
I am not sure he is a ‘dyed in the wool’ Leeds fan tbf.

Unread 27-04-2022, 12:07 PM
windy waffles

Could my sagiest moment yet this.

I think I called for the signing during the world cup, too...

He's coming home...

Unread 27-04-2022, 12:11 PM
Dr Stranger

A slightly better The Scottish Player, but not the defensive midfielder he’s heralded as and I think we can do better for cheaper.

Big injury this year too, so can he come up that crazy Leeds intensity. For £60m, it’s an expensive gamble.

But I want ETH to get who he wants. I’d rather we signed players he wants that I don’t like rather than players I do the board just force onto him.

Unread 27-04-2022, 12:14 PM
NedKelly

This is a Pochettino signing. ETH isn’t that guy. He wants good players.

If this happens I’ll give up on football btw.

Unread 27-04-2022, 12:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
I am not sure he is a ‘dyed in the wool’ Leeds fan tbf.
He's from Leeds isn't he ?

£#%&! him btw, terrible rumour.

Unread 27-04-2022, 12:35 PM
Time For Heroes

Not happening in a million years (and don't want him either).

Unread 27-04-2022, 01:13 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Doing the rounds this morning that we're lining up a £50 million quid bid.

Manchester United 'are considering a £50m move for Kalvin Phillips with club officials admiring the England star's control of the game... but there are concerns that he and his family are massive Leeds United fans'

Don't rate him at all. Runs about a lot, probably a slightly better version of Fred. £50 million
He's not better than Fred at all. Not even close.

He is £#%&!ing miles better than The Scottish Player though.

Unread 27-04-2022, 01:28 PM
tatty

Like ETH would want him ffs.

Unread 27-04-2022, 03:02 PM
Hank Scorpio

He's £#%&!ing rubbish

Unread 27-04-2022, 04:18 PM
windy waffles

At least he would put a shift in and puts himself about.

Unread 27-04-2022, 04:39 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

would rather take a risk on some younger, cheaper, unproven talent than someone we know isn't good enough to play for united.

scouts who actually £#%&!ing scout would be good.

Unread 27-04-2022, 04:46 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Like Fred and The Scottish Player then?

Unread 27-04-2022, 04:51 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
I could put a shift in ffs (I couldn't)

Doesn't mean anyone should sign me.

Unread 27-04-2022, 04:56 PM
believe

Quote:
Could my sagiest moment yet this.

I think I called for the signing during the world cup, too...

He's coming home...
Quote:
three weeks ago

Quote:
Agree with armchair - he definitely has the West Ham look about him.

Unread 27-04-2022, 04:58 PM
windy waffles

...meaning I could imagine him playing for West Ham?

Doesn't mean he can't play for us also.
Closed Thread