United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
Agreed, we already have the best squad in the Premier League and at the start of the season most supporters said it was good enough for a title challenge. The issue is the managers not getting the best from the players with both the system and lack of motivation to blame.
Need more quality upfront . And better service from the wings and midfield . Fellani offers nothing .

Lingard simply isn't a Utd player . Creates £#%&! all . And we've not found a way to get the best out of rashers - 2 up front IMO .

Unread 02-04-2017, 10:49 AM
marlo

at least you guys have seen what the young and fast front line can do...!

Unread 02-04-2017, 10:53 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
yeah, the same as our old & slow front line can do - draw at home against absolute shite.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:02 AM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
Agreed, we already have the best squad in the Premier League and at the start of the season most supporters said it was good enough for a title challenge. The issue is the managers not getting the best from the players with both the system and lack of motivation to blame.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:12 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
yeah, the same as our old & slow front line can do - draw at home against absolute shite.
Exactly.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:14 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
it depends who you are playing against. the one thing fellaini can do is be a troublesome lump in the middle (ibra lite) and he was in a potentially creative position. martial and rashford can't play effectively against a packed defence with no service and no support.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:19 AM
saffers

The geniuses who have spent all season bashing Mata and Ibra, our two topscorers. Absolute #headsgone

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:19 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

£#%&! off.
Take a look at the other sides, pal. Liverpool seriously lack quality. What are Arsenal without Sanchez? The utter state of City's goalkeeper and defence. Spurs are playing Jansen and Son in attack at the moment. Chelsea's all-conquering side contains Cahill, Moses, Alonso and the much maligned David Luiz. There are no convincingly strong squads in this league; everyone has issues.

For me, United's squad - while incomplete - has a very decent shout for being the best in the league. If it's not, it really isn't far off.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
The geniuses who have spent all season bashing Mata and Ibra, our two topscorers. Absolute #headsgone
They both played in most of the dull draws pal.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:28 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Take a look at the other sides, pal. Liverpool seriously lack quality. What are Arsenal without Sanchez? The utter state of City's goalkeeper and defence. Spurs are playing Jansen and Son in attack at the moment. Chelsea's all-conquering side contains Cahill, Moses, Alonso and the much maligned David Luiz. There are no convincingly strong squads in this league; everyone has issues.

For me, United's squad - while incomplete - has a very decent shout for being the best in the league. If it's not, it really isn't far off.
there isn't a good side in the League. It's an atrocious standard and has been for some time
..but if we had the best squad in the League we'd be competing for the Title & comfortably putting away the likes of West Brom & Burnley at Old Trafford.

We're 6th again now aren't we?
With 4 or 5 (unpopular) exceptions we're a squad of posers & @#%&!s.
It's all £#%&!ing hype mate.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:30 AM
saffers

Quote:
there isn't a good side in the League. It's an atrocious standard and has been for some time
..but if we had the best squad in the League we'd be competing for the Title & comfortably putting away the likes of West Brom & Burnley at Old Trafford.

Positives still outweigh the negatives for me. Especially considering we are still in rehab mode.

So huge if we get into the cl. Looking forward to big european nights against utter rubbish in the coming weeks.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:33 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

I'm not saying we have an amazing squad. Just that it's better than most (if not all) the rest.

Again, would you want City's back five? With Fernandinho and a half-arsed Yaya in midfield?

Look at the garbage that plays for Liverpool and Arsenal.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:36 AM
saffers

Quote:
I'm not saying we have an amazing squad. Just that it's better than most (if not all) the rest.

Again, would you want City's back five? With Fernandinho and a half-arsed Yaya in midfield?

We are no doubt underachieving. Very good players who maybe Mourinho does not really trust. We'll only fulfil our potential the more Mourinhoesque the squad becomes.

As I was fearing, we may have given too much trust, cash and faith to mr lvg.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:37 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Positives still outweigh the negatives for me. Especially considering we are still in rehab mode.

So huge if we get into the cl. Looking forward to big european nights against utter rubbish in the coming weeks.
I've been positive since Jose arrived mate & I'm in it for the long haul with him because I think he's the right appointment, but there's no excuse for this plethora of draws at Old Trafford.
We should have walked a top 4 finish.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:39 AM
saffers

Quote:
I've been positive since Jose arrived mate & I'm in it for the long haul with him because I think he's the right appointment, but there's no excuse for this plethora of draws at Old Trafford.
We should have walked a top 4 finish.
No doubt the home form has been a disgrace. But it's something easily rectified i feel.

It has become a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy. We just need a couple of big home wins early on next season and this period will be in the past. The dominance of home games is thankfully back and so is the defensive solidity.

Just need the goals now.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:42 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

based on what?

I don't cast envious glances at any of our opponents these days really.
Spurs at least look to have something about them, but they still flatter to deceive.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:45 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
based on what?

I don't cast envious glances at any of our opponents these days really.
Spurs at least look to have something about them, but they still flatter to deceive.
On comparing the players

Again, it's not about bragging about our riches. Just looking at the state of others. Wouldn't swap our squad for any other tbh.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Cream

How about Rashford stepping up for that free kick in the dying minutes?

On target too, Ronaldoesque... with a £#%&!ing Schmeichelesque save from Foster.

Yes, he was patchy yesterday but that one moment of sheer character should not be underestimated.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:57 AM
marlo

Quote:
The reason we are even in a respectable position in the slow and old zlatan and the slow mata ....

RashBeck has scored 7 in 38 appearances. martial is stinking up the place and lingard is a nothing player.

as a united fan id love to play against that front three every week.

Unread 02-04-2017, 11:58 AM
puressence

Still unbeaten in 19 best in Europe
Closed Thread