United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2007, 05:55 PM
borsuk

Default yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Has Larsson been any good today?
not outstanding, but clever and effective. i think he'll be on the bench next week, with rooney and saha up front. unless fergie £#%&!s about with one up front and o'pie in the middle.

oh no - i said it.

oh god, what have i done?

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
not outstanding, but clever and effective. i think he'll be on the bench next week, with rooney and saha up front. unless fergie £#%&!s about with one up front and o'pie in the middle.

oh no - i said it.

oh god, what have i done?
Not if he was watching O'Shea's cameo today. Though the fact that Rooney went left wing for the last 25 min(which was his best period of the game) might indicate something. Choices for next week would be Saha/Larsson and Giggs/Park/Fletcher.

The Evra/Heinze debate should not be an issue any longer.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Was Saha unfit today, or was Larsson just chosen ahead of him?

Going purely off what I've read on here it sounds like Rooney had another bad game. Maybe Saha and Larsson might get a run soon if that carries on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I take it little Patrice was outstanding again, then?

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:04 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Not if he was watching O'Shea's cameo today. Though the fact that Rooney went left wing for the last 25 min(which was his best period of the game) might indicate something. Choices for next week would be Saha/Larsson and Giggs/Park/Fletcher.

um... hang on. there's no debate evra/heinze, but giggs/park/fletch is a choice?

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Whalefish

Yes he was.

I doubt we'll keep another clean sheet for the rest of the season. We seem quite happy to allow the other team at least one goal a match now.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Ether

Rooney was terrible. Yes, he hit the bar and got into 1 on 1 situations a couple of times, but he was still terrible. I've been defending him on here and RI, but the amount of times he lost the ball with his first touch was embarassing for a player of his talent. If it was Fletcher doing that he'd be crucified on here.

That said, we played our best stuff with Rooney/Larsson up front, their off the ball movement compliments each other very well. He usually plays well against Arsenal too. Didn't think Saha looked particularly lively when he came on, so I'd probably slot Giggs in for Park and start with the same team as today for Arsenal.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
um... hang on. there's no debate evra/heinze, but giggs/park/fletch is a choice?
Only if Fergie bottles is and decide to go 4-5-1. If he keeps his nerve it is not an issue.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:09 PM
shadowplay

Good performance today all round.

Started off very well,with lots of pace and some of our passing in the opening quarter was superb.Villas defence were all over the place in at the beginning and thankfully we took our chances.

Carrick and Scholes stood out today.Both were immense and look to be forming a good partnership.

Unfortunately,Wayne still looks way off his game.It was a great shame that his stunning strike hadn't gone in.

Good win,but worrying at times.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Rooney was terrible. Yes, he hit the bar and got into 1 on 1 situations a couple of times, but he was still terrible. I've been defending him on here and RI, but the amount of times he lost the ball with his first touch was embarassing for a player of his talent. If it was Fletcher doing that he'd be crucified on here.

That said, we played our best stuff with Rooney/Larsson up front, their off the ball movement compliments each other very well. He usually plays well against Arsenal too. Didn't think Saha looked particularly lively when he came on, so I'd probably slot Giggs in for Park and start with the same team as today for Arsenal.
Yeah, I'd say Rooney's form against Arsenal in the past should see him start.

Arsenal certainly struggled with Larsson in Paris, so maybe you're right - same pairing upfront next week.

Hopefully Fergie will play Carrick against them this time, after what sounds like a good display.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Whalefish

To be fair to Villas keeper he did pull off some excellent saves. Without him I suspect we'd have bagged 5 at least.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yeah, I'd say Rooney's form against Arsenal in the past should see him start.

Arsenal certainly struggled with Larsson in Paris, so maybe you're right - same pairing upfront next week.

Hopefully Fergie will play Carrick against them this time, after what sounds like a good display.
Saha should play against Arsenal, his pace and power will give us an option over the top. Larsson for all his ability and intelligence does not give us that.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:15 PM
borsuk

Default carrick really was excellent again

but more obviously this time so he's getting more praise :>)

he was quite pissed off to be taken off - there was a nice close up of his '£#%&!' when the board went up - and i really couldn't understand the decision: carrick has had a rest, was playing superbly and scholes needs frequent rests. if he was going to take anyone off then surely scholes was the choice.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:17 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
but more obviously this time so he's getting more praise :>)

he was quite pissed off to be taken off - there was a nice close up of his '£#%&!' when the board went up - and i really couldn't understand the decision: carrick has had a rest, was playing superbly and scholes needs frequent rests. if he was going to take anyone off then surely scholes was the choice.
John coming on towards the end of every game has now become an incredibly frightening trend

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:18 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
To be fair to Villas keeper he did pull off some excellent saves. Without him I suspect we'd have bagged 5 at least.
hmmm.... the one of larsson's he tipped onto the post, maybe. but the one of rooney's he smothered... cantona would have lifted that over him and laughed.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:22 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
can you hear a loud crunching noise then?

park is shit. his goal was deflected in after he'd fluffed the first shot and a couple of his attempts to control the ball have been laughable - just before the goal and when larsson was "pushed". he laid the ball on nicely for carrick's goal (perhaps a question of recognising his own limitations) and he was buzzing around to win the ball for ronaldo's, but to say he's playing well would be (a) to overestimate the opposition and (b) %@#$&!s anyway.
Is he really shit though, Jem or just maybe not Giggs or Ronaldo?

You maybe being a little harsh on our doggie devouring friend.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:25 PM
jem

Default park

is not good enough for united. obviously, he's nowhere near giggs or ronaldo. he's marginally better than fletch, but it's close.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
Is he really shit though, Jem or just maybe not Giggs or Ronaldo?

You maybe being a little harsh on our doggie devouring friend.
I always think that when Park does something well that it is more luck than judgement maybe that is unfair, but his game always seems a little brainless with not much quality.

However what has been good this season is that nearly everyone has contributed at some point, even Fletcher and O'Shea have had key moments, Park had his today.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
is not good enough for united. obviously, he's nowhere near giggs or ronaldo. he's marginally better than fletch, but it's close.
I tend to agree, personally. Never really thought much of him.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:33 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
He's far better than Richardson and he'll probably bring in a few bob when we sell him on. A decent enough squad player who has more potential than form.

He's far from shit though.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:36 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
He's far better than Richardson and he'll probably bring in a few bob when we sell him on. A decent enough squad player who has more potential than form.

He's far from shit though.
pretty much my thoughts. and he showed with psg that he has ability.

a decent squad player.
Closed Thread