United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Sweet FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
yep, makes it all the harder to think of some of the shite we've had since.
yes your right there mate ,we have had some crap in midfield since those glorious days of Robson,Ince,Keane ,Butt and Scholes. we're like a bunch of fairies these days ,hopes mr Van Gaal sorts them out .

Unread 01-07-2014, 08:11 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Great player. His contribution from 1990-1995 is massively overlooked and undervalued.

If Schmeichel can be forgiven for his ballooning, Ince should be too imo.
Id probably agree with that, loved him when he played for us. Excellent player really unselfish tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Better than Keane & Robson
Bryan Robson? Not a chance, Ince was not on the same planet.

Unread 01-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet FA
yes your right there mate ,we have had some crap in midfield since those glorious days of Robson,Ince,Keane ,Butt and Scholes. we're like a bunch of fairies these days ,hopes mr Van Gaal sorts them out .
i bloody hope so, pal.

Unread 01-07-2014, 08:16 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The circumstances, IMO.

Schmeichel did that when the team he then played for had just beaten their biggest rivals - yes it was @#%&!ish and everything but it was arguably more an expression of joy at city winning than us losing. Whereas with Ince, it was ALL about getting revenge on us. A draw meant nothing to Liverpool - then stuck in mid-table - but he thought he had stopped us winning anything.

Absolutely unforgivable.
Revenge on Fergie, not us.

Unread 01-07-2014, 08:17 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet FA
Best of the lot that lad.

Unread 01-07-2014, 08:18 PM
red in cumbria

Just on Fergie?? That's OK, then

Unread 01-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Denis Irwell

We supposedly had an option on him when he left Milan? Whatever - he didn't half delay his move to Liverpool, hoping we'd go back for him. Loved Incey in his time here but no way as good as the other two.

Robbo
Keane
Ince

Unread 01-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Great player. His contribution from 1990-1995 is massively overlooked and undervalued.

If Schmeichel can be forgiven for his ballooning
, Ince should be too imo.

Not from me

Unread 02-07-2014, 01:39 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Just on Fergie?? That's OK, then
It was more about personalities than him hating the club.

I did once see Mr Ince arriving at OT once and telling a sweet old lady who asked him for his autograph to £#%&! off

I still liked him tbf, He had an ego of the pitch but was a real team man on it.

Unread 02-07-2014, 01:44 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
It was more about personalities than him hating the club.

I did once see Mr Ince arriving at OT once and telling a sweet old lady who asked him for his autograph to £#%&! off

I still liked him tbf, He had an ego of the pitch but was a real team man on it.
An ego the size of a pitch or an egg off of it?

Unread 02-07-2014, 02:04 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
An ego the size of a pitch or an egg off of it?
I just missed an F, can you take one off this and add it please...................£#%&! off

Unread 02-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Clarkie

Does anyone remember the uproar when we sold him? Despite the fact, that we still had Roy £#%&!ing Keane...

How the standards of our midfield has fallen
Closed Thread