United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 31-08-2015, 11:36 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
The mass panic is because we haven't played anyone worthy of note yet and we are struggling like £#%&!. Go in with the same team against city, we will get our arses handed on a plate..
swansea are playing well. and they were allowed to disrupt our attacks with constant fouling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
The problem is our centre forward doesn't want to run in behind and stretch the play...we need a number 9 that will do that, make the kind of runs Gomis was making last night. We're so congested in that number ten position because Rooney keeps coming the wrong way to receive the ball.
so it's not that no one is playing balls for him to chase and we'd rather keep possession then? his mistakes were when he was goal side of the defenders.

we were winning that game, but we got over-excited and bare arsed at the back.

Unread 31-08-2015, 01:29 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
swansea are playing well. and they were allowed to disrupt our attacks with constant fouling.

so it's not that no one is playing balls for him to chase and we'd rather keep possession then? his mistakes were when he was goal side of the defenders.

we were winning that game, but we got over-excited and bare arsed at the back.
That post sums you up, a complete know nothing mouthpiece. Play the ball to chase? Is he a retriever?

Have you ever played football? The centre forward makes the run for the midfielder to play the ball... It's not the other way around. The midfielder needs movement ahead of him.. Rooney doesn't offer that.

Januzaij did it against Villa, Mata was found with a run like that by Hererra last night, the one time Rooney did it, Hererra found him for that god awful scoop he loves. Herrera himself did it against Brugge for schweinsteiger to find. Gomis did it all game long and was found on multiple occasions.

Put Zidane in the middle, without a forward prepared to make intelligent runs in behind, we'll get nowhere

Unread 31-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Feel actually really letdown by the whole fiasco , ill back the team always and the manager upto a point but it needs resolving the team is crying out for pace if ddg stays he needs to play no ifs buts or maybes the centre half postion can be resolved when rojo is back imho .... the early season transfers were excellent in my eyes but we have £#%&!ed about chasing players who wont come ... and players like lacazette were gettable and reus and these are tied into big contracts ..the days of its utd we want to come are over in my eyes money has saturated football and even avg players are multi millionaires ..it kills me to watch a team with so much talent devoid of threats ..Louis the man I adore hes brilliant the manager im beginning to feel it may just never happen
what tune?

Unread 31-08-2015, 02:42 PM
jem

Quote:
That post sums you up, a complete know nothing mouthpiece. Play the ball to chase? Is he a retriever?

Have you ever played football? The centre forward makes the run for the midfielder to play the ball... It's not the other way around. The midfielder needs movement ahead of him.. Rooney doesn't offer that.

Januzaij did it against Villa, Mata was found with a run like that by Hererra last night, the one time Rooney did it, Hererra found him for that god awful scoop he loves. Herrera himself did it against Brugge for schweinsteiger to find. Gomis did it all game long and was found on multiple occasions.

Put Zidane in the middle, without a forward prepared to make intelligent runs in behind, we'll get nowhere
is that all you've got - "have you ever played football?"

rooney had a decent through ball against newcastle and a few yesterday. he got on the end of all of them. he makes runs constantly, but if no one puts the ball behind the defence (quick crosses and balls through the centre from midfield), it's just a frustrating waste of energy. if you actually watch rooney, he moves around (although a lot of it is coming back as a link), but he knows he's not going to get quick, penetrative passing, because that's not the way we play. saying it is up to the striker to move is just stupid if the players who are meant to be delivering the ball have been instructed to keep possession and not play speculative balls.

I have played football lots, incidentally. as a centre forward, although I could play anywhere. it's really rather pathetic to suggest you can't appreciate the game unless you can show your medals. footballers are generally £#%&!ing stupid. I imagine you probably did a lot of heading.

Unread 31-08-2015, 03:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
It's not just the resorting to hoofball. It's also that we're so piss poor at it.

Does anyone remember the hoof that was so shit Fellaini actually had to kneel down to chest it? I mean he didn't, he could've tried playing it with his feet like a real footballer would, but I suppose I should be grateful he didn't.
They were rubbish at finding him on Sunday

No problem with Memphis putting a great cross on his head like he did against Brugge. That's just good play, whether it's Fellaini or not, but it's the aimless stuff that's hard to take. But it's a natural reaction to needing that late goal.

Easily overlooked is how positive we were after Mata's goal. We were desperate to get the second, which cost us a bit really.

Unread 31-08-2015, 03:11 PM
utd99

Quote:

Common sense has no place here. Take it somewhere else, we have agendas to press.

It comes to something when the only possible reason anyone would want Rooney playing number nine atm is because it means he doesn't get to play anywhere else.

Unread 31-08-2015, 03:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Easily overlooked is how positive we were after Mata's goal. We were desperate to get the second, which cost us a bit really.
Agree actually. I was arguing with someone else about this today.

Rooney's touch which set them away :shakehead:

Unread 31-08-2015, 03:13 PM
utd99

Quote:

Best ball he played all game.

Unread 31-08-2015, 03:14 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Best ball he played all game.

Unread 31-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

It wasn't a touch, it was a miss timed one two, try watching the game....

Unread 31-08-2015, 03:27 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
is that all you've got - "have you ever played football?"

rooney had a decent through ball against newcastle and a few yesterday. he got on the end of all of them. he makes runs constantly, but if no one puts the ball behind the defence (quick crosses and balls through the centre from midfield), it's just a frustrating waste of energy. if you actually watch rooney, he moves around (although a lot of it is coming back as a link), but he knows he's not going to get quick, penetrative passing, because that's not the way we play. saying it is up to the striker to move is just stupid if the players who are meant to be delivering the ball have been instructed to keep possession and not play speculative balls.

I have played football lots, incidentally. as a centre forward, although I could play anywhere. it's really rather pathetic to suggest you can't appreciate the game unless you can show your medals. footballers are generally £#%&!ing stupid. I imagine you probably did a lot of heading.
The point is, we have quick penetrative passers in schweinsteiger, Herrera, carrick, Mata and Depay...they all love a throughball, it's when we've passed our way up the pitch and have possession around their box, we don't have a Ruud or Saha making intelligent angled runs off the shoulder to create the chance so we recycle possession waiting for it to happen. Rooney is not, and will not ever be that player, which you need for this formation to be effective. If you can't see that, there's not a lot else to say...him in the 9 role currently is hampering us as a team. How you can write "saying its up to the striker to move is stupid" (without being a complete wum) is just mental

Unread 31-08-2015, 03:37 PM
jem

Quote:
How you can write "saying its up to the striker to move is stupid" (without being a complete wum) is just mental
since I explained what I meant by that in the same sentence, I can only assume you are being wilfully stupid.

Unread 31-08-2015, 03:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
It's.....

It's...........

Well it's pure £#%&!ing shit really innit?!
Must........resist........the.........obvious

Unread 31-08-2015, 03:43 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It wasn't a touch, it was a miss timed one two, try watching the game....
LVG trying to play one touch football with that lummox upfront

Unread 31-08-2015, 03:45 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
LVG trying to play one touch football with that lummox upfront
"LVG" trying to let players "express themselves" you £#%&!ing ingrate

Unread 12-09-2015, 11:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swansea Jack
No I gave my thoughts on the game.

I can revel, if that's what you wish.

2-1 to us and 3 on the spin; happy now?
Delighted. You?

10-man Watford and 8 mins of Stoppage time.