United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 20-08-2023, 12:57 PM
red in cumbria

Nah, getting a better keeper is always important and there is never a bad time to do it.

Plus, yet again, we bought a forward - but they are injured!

Unread 20-08-2023, 01:05 PM
windy waffles

Two games. Twice our best player.

Well chuffed with him.

Unread 20-08-2023, 01:19 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Two games. Twice our best player.

Well chuffed with him.
Exactly. He's the one sweetcorn in a turd soup at the moment.

Should have been signed 5 years ago and anyone think de gea "wasn't a problem" owes dunk an apology tbh.

Unread 20-08-2023, 01:27 PM
shenwen

That pass he did through the middle in the first half had me purring. I know other keepers do that but not at United. He’s the best thing about this season so far.

Unread 20-08-2023, 01:30 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Exactly. He's the one sweetcorn in a turd soup at the moment.

Should have been signed 5 years ago and anyone think de gea "wasn't a problem" owes dunk an apology tbh.
I like him and all, but the outfield players being rescued by our goalkeeper isn't a new phenomenon. It's what won DDG about 6 player of the years or whatever it was.

So from that point of view, he's not exactly transformed our play (I'm being pedantic, was the right time for him to be moved on ofc)

Unread 20-08-2023, 01:32 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I like him and all, but the outfield players being rescued by our goalkeeper isn't a new phenomenon. It's what won DDG about 6 player of the years or whatever it was.

So from that point of view, he's not exactly transformed our play (I'm being pedantic, was the right time for him to be moved on ofc)
Nowt to do with his 'shot stopping' for me, straight away you can see onana has character and presence. Something dave never, ever had. Wouldn't say boo to a goose that lad.

And his (onanas) play out from the back doesn't even need mentioning. fenomenal

Unread 23-08-2023, 05:42 PM
AK14

Unread 23-08-2023, 05:49 PM
est.1878

AFCON : 13 January – 11 February 2024

Spurs, wolves, west ham, villa.

Unread 23-08-2023, 05:51 PM
jem

this is not acceptable.

Unread 23-08-2023, 06:11 PM
Sparky***

of course he is

Unread 23-08-2023, 07:18 PM
Bunker Buster

So that's why we're chasing keepers ....

Thought he'd fell out with manager

Unread 23-08-2023, 08:02 PM
Hyman_Roth

£#%&!ing hell. We’re cursed.

Unread 24-08-2023, 09:13 AM
NedKelly

Of course he was going to end up back in the NT. Especially once he joined us; we’re £#%&!ing massive in Africa. There’d be riots out there if he wasn’t brought back in. Song probably had to send him a wordy apology text; he’ll basically be Onana’s assistant now.

Unread 24-08-2023, 09:19 AM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
AFCON : 13 January – 11 February 2024

Spurs, wolves, west ham, villa.
Remember when Scholes came back halfway through the 2011/2012 season.

United have a proven track-record of bringing former legends back in times of great need....

#UnfinishedBusiness

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:05 AM
dunk

Well, it’s looking like he’ll be at a loose end.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:07 AM
believe

Not being picked proved that De Gea was shit but people are upset Onana will play for his national team. Interesting.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:09 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Not being picked proved that De Gea was shit but people are upset Onana will play for his national team. Interesting.

People are upset because Onana will be missing games during the PL season...

What's that got to do with De Gea not getting picked for Spain

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:11 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
People are upset because Onana will be missing games during the PL season...

What's that got to do with De Gea not getting picked for Spain
Shouldn't the best players in the world be playing for the national teams? Did people honestly believe we signed Onana thinking he might not go to the AFCON?

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:13 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Shouldn't the best players in the world be playing for the national teams? Did people honestly believe we signed Onana thinking he might not go to the AFCON?
Errr yes because he'd quit the national side

Last time I checked United fans on the whole weren't too thrilled about players getting called up for national games.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:13 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Considering he had an argument with the coach and quit international football, then probably yeah...