United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 11-12-2017, 03:06 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Yeah cause he's the long term solution.

More average shite to go with the dross in the squad.

Didn't turn up on Saturday btw.
I’m going to have a wild stab and say you’ve never actually seen him play, and that you’re basing your denigration on the fact that City or Chelsea aren’t in for him.

Unread 11-12-2017, 03:09 PM
plopborsky

I blame pure.

no switchers no party

Unread 11-12-2017, 03:20 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
It's clear United need a DOF that works with the manager, then we might come away from the years of squad full of shite and a scattergun transfer market we've had since Ferguson gone.
And please stop talking about Directors of Football when you won’t make even the most basic attempt to explain how it would work outside of “working with the manager”, whatever that means.

Unread 11-12-2017, 03:23 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
And please stop talking about Directors of Football when you won’t make even the most basic attempt to explain how it would work outside of “working with the manager”, whatever that means.
the bit that I don't get is the idea that Fergie had this all wrapped up.

Unread 11-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Billy Redface

Mourinho signings have largely been good. They certainly haven't lacked a purpose.

The bigger concern is who he has kept and why they're still so pivotal.

We still need a hell of a lot more.

No full backs.
No wingers
No good midfielders other than Matic and Pogba.

Until we address this, we will still be someway off.

Unread 11-12-2017, 03:37 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Mourinho signings have largely been good. They certainly haven't lacked a purpose.

No full backs.
No wingers

Well you can’t bin everyone at once; you’ll have no players.

The jury is still out on his recruits if we’re being honest. Pogba and Bailly are very good, Matic and Ibra are also good but varying degrees of stop-gap, Lindelof remains to be seen and Lukaku and Mkhitaryan have been underwhelming. This is not surprising though; it’s taken City five years of this ratio of good v bad signings and multiple managers to get to a position where they own the world apparently.

Unread 11-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

The jury is still out on his recruits if we’re being honest. Pogba and Bailly are very good, Matic and Ibra are also good but varying degrees of stop-gap, Lindelof remains to be seen and Lukaku and Mkhitaryan have been underwhelming. This is not surprising though; it’s taken City five years of this ratio of good v bad signings and multiple managers to get to a position where they own the world apparently.
Oh, I know.. it's just where we are. We just still need more.

Jury out of many, but certainly not a lack of directions or scattergun approach.

Ibra was short term solution and did his job last season

Bailly - tick
Matic - tick
Pogba - tick

Jury out on Lindelof, Lukaku and Mickey. Certainly no resounding failures and you can see the thinking behind all of them..

A lot can be levelled at Mou, but he's usually very clear about who and what he wants.

Unread 11-12-2017, 03:53 PM
utd99

Quote:
Oh, I know.. it's just where we are. We just still need more.

Jury out of many, but certainly not a lack of directions or scattergun approach.

Ibra was short term solution and did his job last season

Bailly - tick
Matic - tick
Pogba - tick

Jury out on Lindelof, Lukaku and Mickey. Certainly no resounding failures and you can see the thinking behind all of them..

A lot can be levelled at Mou, but he's usually very clear about who and what he wants.
Which is what makes the Perisic thing so puzzling. He probably suspected that we didn’t have the creativity out wide to get the best out of a limited striker like Lukaku, so to baulk over a few million in todays game where Gylffi £#%&!ing Siggurdson goes for 50m is annoying to say the least. Hire the man and back him or don’t. But when you see City doing what they did in the changing rooms yesterday and know they wouldn’t have batted an eyelid at getting the players their manager wanted it sticks in your throat.

Unread 11-12-2017, 03:58 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Which is what makes the Perisic thing so puzzling. He probably suspected that we didn’t have the creativity out wide to get the best out of a limited striker like Lukaku, so to baulk over a few million in todays game where Gylffi f***ing Siggurdson goes for 50m is annoying to say the least. Hire the man and back him or don’t. But when you see City doing what they did in the changing rooms yesterday and know they wouldn’t have batted an eyelid at getting the players their manager wanted it sticks in your throat.
Exactly. I don't know Perisic that well but i want the manager to get his targets.

He had 4. We got 3. We've spent a £#%&! tonne, but we're still skimp and save wherever we can.

If Guardiola wanted Perisic, he'd have been signed in early July with the minimum of fuss.

Unread 11-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Billy Redface

Just saw that Dermot Gallagher ref review thing.

Apparently Michael Oliver produced a 'master class' of a display.

He's not a player, you £#%&!ing weapon

Unread 11-12-2017, 07:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
Just saw that Dermot Gallagher ref review thing.

Apparently Michael Oliver produced a 'master class' of a display.

He's not a player, you £#%&!ing weapon
I £#%&!ing hate what football has become.

Unread 11-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
If the aim was being a shithead of the highest order then, yes, yes he did.

Just because he failed to fall for a couple of blatant dives means he produced a "masterclass" does it?

What about all the smaller individual decisions he f***ed up?

Failing to give yellow cards for persistent fouling. Check.
Inconsistency in awarding fouls for similar incidents. Check.
Bottling giving potential second yellow cards. Check.
Repeatedly making a balls job of allowing advantage. Check.

Don't get me wrong, we deserved to lose the game for turning up and playing like shithouses, comfortably second best. But to suggest Oliver was anything other than a nugget of shit bobbing about in the tide of the game is disingenuous to say the least. The chinless little v****a.
I find this new angle of bringing in retired refs for their view utterly tedious and pointless.

They back the refs decisions 99% of the time and on the rare occasions they don't, they make excuses for them.

They talk about refereeing like it's a fine art and only add to this celeb ref culture.

And since when does a foul have to be deliberate? Most fouls aren't deliberate.

Unread 11-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I find this new angle of bringing in retired refs for their view utterly tedious and pointless.

They back the refs decisions 99% of the time and on the rare occasions they don't, they make excuses for them.

They talk about refereeing like it's a fine art and only add to this celeb ref culture.

And since when does a foul have to be deliberate? Most fouls aren't deliberate.
exactly, who wants to hear someone on telly making excuses for the £#%&!ing #@&%!s every week.

Does my head in. Same as the ex-pros who constantly make excuses for english managers but will absolutely go to town on any foreign ones who aren't doing well.

Unread 11-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Kangared

Quote:

No full backs.
No wingers

We have an excellent midfielder, unfortunately he doesn't want to be with us, h would rather play in Spain at Valencia. Pereira is exactly the type of player we needed Sunday. Mobile, comfortable & creative on the ball & can put a tackle in. Everything Herrera should be but isn't. We cant blame the fullbacks given City had Delph as their LB

Unread 11-12-2017, 08:15 PM
MUFC One Love

Guardiola inherited a better side and has spent more money than Mourinho but it's no excuse to be launching the ball forwards from the first minute. Guardiola's coaching is better, Utd are the second best goal scorers I know but a part from flashes the football needs to be consistently better. Lukaku was shocking yesterday, really bad.

Also, it's scary how much we miss Pogba.

Unread 11-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Guardiola inherited a better side and has spent more money than Mourinho but it's no excuse to be launching the ball forwards from the first minute. Guardiola's coaching is better, Utd are the second best goal scorers I know but a part from flashes the football needs to be consistently better. Lukaku was shocking yesterday, really bad.

Also, it's scary how much we miss Pogba.
Pep inherited Silva, KDB, Aguerro ,& Fernandinho. These are still City’s main players & Pep has brought in around 13 players. Buying Pogba, Magic & Lukaku is simply catching up to where City were before Pep arrived. We are doing well to be above Chelsea but are a long way behind City

Unread 11-12-2017, 09:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Come to think of it, where *is* Bailly?? I honestly hoped that we had at least seen an end of key players just vanishing for ages without explanation, but it would seem not

Unread 11-12-2017, 09:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Also I call bullshit that you watched the game.
Trust issues imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Who was the alternative to Perisic? Read this notion that he was somehow the key piece in Mou's transfer plans, if a winger with good delivery was essential for this team to work surely a secondary option would be in place.

Not sure how good Perisic is anyway. Serie A is still not close to it's former glories, the hyped Napoli just flaked out of their CL group, allowing Shatkar Donetsk to secure the second spot.
Tbf Napoli chucked it in a little for some reason. Felt they had to prioritise the league after Juve had a poor start. Rested players for the opening group match in Donetsk. Think they’re already regretting it. They surely proved against City they are a very good side.

Unread 11-12-2017, 09:13 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Come to think of it, where *is* Bailly?? I honestly hoped that we had at least seen an end of key players just vanishing for ages without explanation, but it would seem not
5 to 6 weeks according to the Beeb

Unread 11-12-2017, 09:16 PM
Sandman

I see van Gaal has called out Mourinho's boring shithouse tactics, nice to hear from the big man tbh.