United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:05 AM
dunk

Default Re: *Official* West Ham v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and We're BAAAAAACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Dunk, do you work in PR?

I've not spoken to one person that hasn't had it down totally different to you, love.But there you go, it's all opinions.And you're obviously pissed.Still

That's because you associate with imbeciles

The proof was on the pitch, if you cared to look.

And I haven't had a drink for a fortnight.

United didn't change what they were doing throughout the game, the only difference was the introduction of fresh attacking players after having Westham under pressure for just about the whole game.

FWIW, at Villa and West Brom we were everything you claimed we were today. Today we never were (Vidic's mad 15 minutes and Paddy's wave aside).

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Crumps

Default Re: *Official* West Ham v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and We're BAAAAAACK!

Only just saw the Rooney thing after the pen. Too busy jumping round the living room and hugging Crumps Senior. Camera man #@&%! trying to get him to kiss the lens. Well £#%&!ing told

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:15 AM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Only just saw the Rooney thing after the pen. Too busy jumping round the living room and hugging Crumps Senior. Camera man #@&%! trying to get him to kiss the lens. Well £#%&!ing told
Did he say "kiss my lens"?

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Might have.

Purely speculation though.

Don't be going round telling people I told you he did.

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:24 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Totally agree.

Before anyone gets giddy, I'm not talking about Borsers here - I find it hilarious that there's certain people on here that are giving it "We weren't that bad before we scored.I dont know why there was so many moaning" in the usual top-Red revised way. It was shambolic before the changes were made - end of story.Yes, we had a bit of the ball in some good positions but the whole sum of that added up to one shot (and 1 header) on target ffs.You'd think we'd struck posts and bars and had shots belted off the line in the first half the way some are carrying on. From what I saw, in my opinion, we had a team that was shapeless, a striker that was isolated and not getting a sniff, players not being able to hold on to or control a ball and certain players looking like there wasn't much to be to rushed by.The game was going past Giblet and Carrick. Then we made the correct changes (i.e bringing another forward or two on) and the rest was sublime.

And our defending was bizarre during that period too.A shambles.

I bet 99% of United fans were totally seeing their arses at 2-0.And rightly so.West Ham ffs.

It's clearly under-par.
We were controlling the game, from the first minute to the last A very good pass, and a total £#%&! up from vidic gave them a head start. 3 shots on target and 2 were the pen says it all.

We lacked a final ball for most of the game, doesnt mean to say we were terrible, Because 3 years ago with ronaldo we put away every chance we got
was a good as an away performance from us all season, we just missed that killer ball. which chico or nani could of helped, thats why people were calling for subs.

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:28 AM
Coracao

We did change in the second half tbf. The introduction of another striker meant we had more people attacking the area, which was a major problem in the first half . Bringing Hernandez on also meant West Ham couldn't press us further up the field, so we had possession far easier.

The switch of Giggs to left back also had a big impact. In the first half, we had absolutely nothing happening on the left side. Giggs and Park were playing in field, and Evra wasn't even getting forward. Playing Giggs at left back meant he had to stay out wide, which meant we always had an outlet on the left hand side and weren't at a numerical disadvantage in the middle, with Park tucked inside and then Rooney later on.

We played ok in the first half, but the changes won us the game, without a doubt.

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:37 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
smell my cheese

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
We did change in the second half tbf. The introduction of another striker meant we had more people attacking the area, which was a major problem in the first half . Bringing Hernandez on also meant West Ham couldn't press us further up the field, so we had possession far easier.

The switch of Giggs to left back also had a big impact. In the first half, we had absolutely nothing happening on the left side. Giggs and Park were playing in field, and Evra wasn't even getting forward. Playing Giggs at left back meant he had to stay out wide, which meant we always had an outlet on the left hand side and weren't at a numerical disadvantage in the middle, with Park tucked inside and then Rooney later on.

We played ok in the first half, but the changes won us the game, without a doubt.
Half of the reason for that was Valencia dominating the right to such an extent, getting crosses in at will. There was a case of a lack of bodies/movement in the area at that time, but that was as much to do with Westam's defending and covering as a lack of bodies.

Evra was £#%&!, start to finish first half, so whoever replaces him is always going to improve the situation.

The gameplan in terms of tempo and method never really changed though, we just patiently went about our business probing and moving them about from the first minute to the last. They just tired and space became easier to find.

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Half of the reason for that was Valencia dominating the right to such an extent, getting crosses in at will. There was a case of a lack of bodies/movement in the area at that time, but that was as much to do with Westam's defending and covering as a lack of bodies.

Evra was £#%&!, start to finish first half, so whoever replaces him is always going to improve the situation.

The gameplan in terms of tempo and method never really changed though, we just patiently went about our business probing and moving them about from the first minute to the last. They just tired and space became easier to find.
PETE BOYLE, Observer readerWe're celebrating in the car on the way back, singing along to Morrissey. To be honest, at half-time I never saw that scoreline coming. I thought it was going to be one comeback too many. West Ham played out of their skins for a long while and played very intelligently. But you have to give credit to our players for their fighting spirit, never giving up and never losing belief. Every player deserves praise, especially as the referee had a poor game and once again we suffered from poor decisions. It's being said that Vidic should have been shown red, but the Hammers' second penalty was outside the area and the referee was favouring West Ham repeatedly.

Does boyle really read the observer ?

Unread 03-04-2011, 01:27 AM
MJ Ramone

I see the Press have already gone crying to the FA

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/020420...-outburst.html

ycnmiu

Unread 03-04-2011, 01:30 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I see the Press have already gone crying to the FA

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/020420...-outburst.html

ycnmiu
how can they punish him if he wasn't actually swearing at anyone in particular? he wasn't doing it at the ref or the officials or the fans....just at a camera?

are they going to charge footballers for swearing at each other now or just swearing in general?

Unread 03-04-2011, 01:39 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
how can they punish him if he wasn't actually swearing at anyone in particular? he wasn't doing it at the ref or the officials or the fans....just at a camera?

are they going to charge footballers for swearing at each other now or just swearing in general?
It's utterly ridiculous.
If a Villa player had done it in the game against Everton today (for example) nobody would have mentioned it, let alone led with it as the main story from Today's games.
Once again, a great performance by United is dragged through the dirt by the scumbag Press.

I'm sure they won't be happy until every single one of our players is banned & fined after every £#%&!ing game.

Our excellent result today coupled with Arsenal's weekly bottle-job should be the talking point of the Weekend, but why talk Football when you can try & get United into trouble with the FA

Unread 03-04-2011, 01:44 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
It's utterly ridiculous.
If a Villa player had done it in the game against Everton today (for example) nobody would have mentioned it, let alone led with it as the main story from Today's games.
Once again, a great performance by United is dragged through the dirt by the scumbag Press.

I'm sure they won't be happy until every single one of our players is banned & fined after every £#%&!ing game.

Our excellent result today coupled with Arsenal's weekly bottle-job should be the talking point of the Weekend, but why talk Football when you can try & get United into trouble with the FA
It wouldn't happen at a rugby match...

Unread 03-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Rhodzy

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhxtmx_west-ham-united-v-manchester-united_sport

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:42 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

i agree with that but part of the reason we had so much space to exploit was the effort that west ham had put in chasing the ball all over the place in the first half; the groundwork was done though it took the changes to take advantage of it.

one of our best away performances all season, looks like we're coming into form (as well as getting injured players back) at just the right time.

what a difference toni makes

edit

love this quote from fergie
Quote:
"Valencia had them on toast really," said the Boss. "He's so confident on the ball and they couldn't get the ball off him, so we were always going to get in that position where Valencia had possession on the edge of the box. In the first half he delivered two or three fantastic balls in, but we just didn't get enough on the end of them to capitalise.

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:47 AM
wee man

Not sure if it's been mentioned but has probably been lost in the way the game went yesterday - but Smalling was very impressive yet again.

Unread 03-04-2011, 07:20 AM
bcred

Eventually Wee Man,I thought he wandered just a little too much in that first half,I think Vidic %@#$&!ed him too (seconds after Vidic nearly saw red).
After Evra went off Gigsy was given the role of roaming and Smalling stayed home quite a lot more after that. Second half he was superb,first half not quite so much. IMHO

Unread 03-04-2011, 07:37 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
PETE BOYLE, Observer readerWe're celebrating in the car on the way back, singing along to Morrissey. To be honest, at half-time I never saw that scoreline coming. I thought it was going to be one comeback too many. West Ham played out of their skins for a long while and played very intelligently. But you have to give credit to our players for their fighting spirit, never giving up and never losing belief. Every player deserves praise, especially as the referee had a poor game and once again we suffered from poor decisions. It's being said that Vidic should have been shown red, but the Hammers' second penalty was outside the area and the referee was favouring West Ham repeatedly.

Does boyle really read the observer ?
Is he expecting morrissey to get in touch?

Unread 03-04-2011, 07:53 AM
PaulParkers

Bors, mate, I respect your opinion and all but how you can say we did the groundwork in the first half is beyond me. We didn't play badly per se but never looked like scoring. We had one decent chance which Park gashed by hitting it straight at Green plus a header from Smallers from a corner. We had loads of possession but with one up front westaaaaaaam dealt with us comfortably IMO.

we are so much better with two up top. Unlike the years we had Ronaldo in the side, I don't think we currently have the personnel to be good enough with 1 forward anymore. We look rather impotent I think.

However, whatever...still buzzing

Unread 03-04-2011, 08:11 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Bors, mate, I respect your opinion and all but how you can say we did the groundwork in the first half is beyond me. We didn't play badly per se but never looked like scoring. We had one decent chance which Park gashed by hitting it straight at Green plus a header from Smallers from a corner. We had loads of possession but with one up front westaaaaaaam dealt with us comfortably IMO.

we are so much better with two up top. Unlike the years we had Ronaldo in the side, I don't think we currently have the personnel to be good enough with 1 forward anymore. We look rather impotent I think.

However, whatever...still buzzing
fair enough, i think we made west ham work their %@#$&!s off in the first half and that was part of the reason we were able to take them apart in the second.

chicharito makes a huge difference to the side, rooney looks twice the player with the pea making runs and space ahead of him. what a £#%&!ing buy that kid is.