United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
What the £#%&! is Yorke on about
He's saying we've got 2 lone front men instead of a partnership.

He's right.

We've actually got 3, one is in midfield though

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:39 PM
utd99

There is nothing to be taken away from this performance, or our performances in general recently. This one played better than that one, that one should be in from the start, yeah this one was poor but what about that one, it's all %@#$&!s. Pretty much all of the teams we are competing against for top four spot are in better form than us. We are playing with no confidence, little creativity and the discomfort is palpable. And it appears that they know neither why it's happening nor what to do about it.

Across the course of the whole game we have altogether too many examples of poor execution, poor decision making and shoddy technique to establish proper cohesive, consistant team flow. If players can't do the basics well it's their fault, and if the manager can't instil the confidence required it's his fault. Another bail out that adds to a misleading record is not reflective of what's really going on.

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Szekely

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
my main problem with Di maria is his couldn't give a £#%&! attitude and pulling out of tackles like he did a lot today world class talent but wqe are not seeing it...instead we are getting Nani lite and for £59million I want a bit more

thought Janners was shit tbh
I don't think he has a doesn't give a £#%&! attitude. he's never had it before so I don't see why he would now. He's lacking confidence and conviction right now and he's not helped by being so slight.

He should be performing much better. been back fit long enough and playing in his favoured position for now.

I don't think we were as bad as being made out today.. and west ham made it a real battle. It was an intense game and we responded well to going behind and still created chances. its when there's no reaction and nothing happening that I worry.

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
We are a long ball team now, sadly Big Sam is right.

The most expensive squad in english football plays the most long balls in the league.
That's because the midfield can't hang onto the ball

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Jethro

Can't help but think we're going to get a serious @#%&!ting away from home and it'll probably be Anfield

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's saying we've got 2 lone front men instead of a partnership.

He's right.

We've actually got 3, one is in midfield though
Yup he's bang on. Just doesn't explain it very well.

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
What's wrong with that?

He has an aerial ability that our current forwards lack, and once again used that ability to create chances.
What's wrong with it is simply that van Gaal is putting us in a position where we're reliant on long ball football to get anything from the game. It's his mind-boggling selections that's causing the problems in the first place.

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Tiberian

I wanted Fellaini on from about 20 mins in, and I despise Fellaini. In a decent Utd side playing progressive football he has no place but we seemingly are no closer to that than we were at the start of the season. If the tactics are hoof it and play off the breaks then you may as well play him.

His increasing importance is indicative of how little Utd have improved. When he came back into the team I hoped he was a stopgap at best but he is now a key attacking strategy.

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:43 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
What's wrong with that?

He has an aerial ability that our current forwards lack, and once again used that ability to create chances.
Mandzukic did it for Bayern and does it for Atletic . 2 of the best football playing teams in Europe.

Benzema at Real. You need a presence in the box.

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
Mandzukic did it for Bayern and does it for Atletic . 2 of the best football playing teams in Europe.

He's playing in midfield.

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:45 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
It's not that bad.. can see us getting to the cup final

....yep, it's the era that increasingly comes to mind

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:45 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
That's because the midfield can't hang onto the ball
if you have no options in front of you or movement wide it's very tough being in midfield. Rooney just wants to spray it but his wide players accupy the same spaces. Two forwards don't have the pace to get in behind. I feel sorry for them tbh.

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Can't help but think we're going to get a serious @#%&!ting away from home and it'll probably be Anfield
we've already had a serious @#%&!ting away from home at leicester and mk dons

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:47 PM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip

It's amazing how we've coped without a Fellaini type player for the past three decades.

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:49 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Full marks to savey Davey.

Defence looks sound, shout to jones for being better then jones usually is.

Rooney is a very expensive poor mans scotty parker, blinders is classy, Big Janners is a small puddle of nothingness, if ADM wasn't the £60 mill man, he'd look like one of fergals punts, RVP is a privilege, falcow will be glad to go, as will we to see him gone and if bogbrush is the answer, it's a very silly question.

Wham are half decent, half way up the league decent, but a point there keeps us in the running.

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:50 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
£#%&!. Again.

Valencia played well. Shaw was pretty good. Dave his usual.

The rest abysmal, Van Persie utter utter shit, Rooney a coward in midfield with no ability to move the ball forward.

Where were Di Maria & Januzaj playing? Clueless.
Valencia played well? £#%&!inghell.

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:51 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
We are a long ball team now, sadly Big Sam is right.

The most expensive squad in english football plays the most long balls in the league.
We also play the most short passes in the league, or at least are very high on the list.

Our problem isn't we just do this or we just do that, it's that it's not integrated. Balance is totally off kilter, team work is floundering (though that has actually improved a bit), nobody is playing to what we know they're capable of.

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:52 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
He did. It's bizarre, worked his %@#$&!s off to.

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:52 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
apart from the goal he gave away obviously with the stupid free-kick conceded

Unread 08-02-2015, 07:55 PM
jem

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
apart from the goal he gave away obviously with the stupid free-kick conceded
I'd blame the free kick on clattenburg.

valencia played extremely well. especially considering he isn't a £#%&!ing right back. the sooner we see a midfield of valencia-carrick-blind with herrera ahead of them, the better.