United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2022, 09:19 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
If true then it’s nice that he’s basically calling them a bunch of pansies. Really hope Keane is brought in, even if it’s just for the sole purpose of bullying them. I hate them.

Unread 04-04-2022, 09:20 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
I don’t know what’s worse. It’s taken this long for them to find out or the board had to hire someone and outlines the issues above that we could all see by just following the last 5-10 years

I’m sure Jose was trying to get his point that players need to be more aggressive and win the second ball and ole came in saying the players don’t run and need to be much more fit to play the game.

Yet here we are.. £#%&!ing idiots run this club

Unread 04-04-2022, 09:23 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Nothing different to what most have been saying for years, along with all the other glaring issues.

Hopefully the hiercarchy will take some sort of notice now it's come from someone they hired to tell them what the blindingly obvious issues are.

Unread 04-04-2022, 09:28 AM
Dr Stranger

No good if they don’t listen to him.

I could honestly see him leaving at the end of the season because these idiots won’t be able to distinguish between an underwhelming stint as a interim and his role as a consultant.

Unread 04-04-2022, 09:28 AM
believe

Quote:
Wow, he’s a footballing genius.

Unread 04-04-2022, 09:29 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Nothing different to what most have been saying for years, along with all the other glaring issues.

Hopefully the hiercarchy will take some sort of notice now it's come from someone they hired to tell them what the blindingly obvious issues are.
Until they realise it costs them money and the loss of control at the club. They’ll go after one big signing and then panic another one towards the end of the window. Probably chase rice and get him for 100 million or so. When they need atleast 4 players this window and another 3-4 in the next couple.

Martial and rashford will start the first game of next season . Tbh with rashford I don’t mind, he might just need a new season to start but martial can GTFO

Unread 04-04-2022, 09:31 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

My response too - half the forum (I may be being generous there) could have come up with the same points.

Unread 04-04-2022, 09:33 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Until they realise it costs them money and the loss of control at the club. They’ll go after one big signing and then panic another one towards the end of the window. Probably chase rice and get him for 100 million or so. When they need atleast 4 players this window and another 3-4 in the next couple.

Martial and rashford will start the first game of next season . Tbh with rashford I don’t mind, he might just need a new season to start but martial can GTFO
At this point, does Rashford deserve any more support than Martial? They’ve been around about the same amount of time. They’ve both fallen off a cliff. The one thing you could always say about Rashford that you couldn’t about Martial is that he worked hard and had the right attitude. That’s not the case anymore. Martial hasn’t provided anything worse than Rashford has in the last 6-12 months, in terms of both output and application.

Right now, the only thing keeping Rashford here is that he’s a youth product.

Neither should be starting next season.

Unread 04-04-2022, 09:34 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

My response too - half the forum (I may be being generous there) could have come up with the same points.
Hardly being generous - literally everyone has been calling this lot a bunch of cowardly shits for years now.

Unread 04-04-2022, 09:35 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
But these points, despite being obvious to us, must be new to the board and the club because they've been doing the complete opposite since Fergie left.

There is no coherent strategy so him pointing out that we need one is probably pretty mindblowing to Murtough & Co.

Unread 04-04-2022, 09:36 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
But these points, despite being obvious to us, must be new to the board and the club because they've been doing the complete opposite since Fergie left.

There is no coherent strategy so him pointing out that we need one is probably pretty mindblowing to Murtough & Co.
I disagree - people must have been telling them this. They just haven't been listening.

Unread 04-04-2022, 09:43 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I disagree - people must have been telling them this. They just haven't been listening.

Probably. Maybe they'll listen now. Seems little point in having a consultant if you don't consult them. Unless they're just window dressing.

Unread 04-04-2022, 09:45 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Probably. Maybe they'll listen now. Seems little point in having a consultant if you don't consult them. Unless they're just window dressing.
And bingo was his name...

The club love to look like they're doing the right thing whilst choosing the easiest options.

How long were we looking for a director of football for? Then who did we end up with

Unread 04-04-2022, 10:04 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Starting to think this guy is just a bluffer.

£#%&! me, I could have pulled that out of my arse in about 5 minutes, it’s literally starting the obvious.

Unread 04-04-2022, 10:06 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

£#%&! me, I could have pulled that out of my arse in about 5 minutes, it’s literally starting the obvious.
Should publish his player recommendations so we can see if he really knows his onions or if he is just doing a search on Football Manager...

Unread 04-04-2022, 10:06 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
At this point, does Rashford deserve any more support than Martial? They’ve been around about the same amount of time. They’ve both fallen off a cliff. The one thing you could always say about Rashford that you couldn’t about Martial is that he worked hard and had the right attitude. That’s not the case anymore. Martial hasn’t provided anything worse than Rashford has in the last 6-12 months, in terms of both output and application.

Right now, the only thing keeping Rashford here is that he’s a youth product.

Neither should be starting next season.
Patently untrue, sorry.

Unread 04-04-2022, 10:08 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Obvious, but not wrong and not what we’ve been doing or focussing on, and if the board actually listen for once then it’s all we need from him.

Quote:
Patently untrue, sorry.
Oh is it? Ok, never mind then.

Unread 04-04-2022, 10:12 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Obvious, but not wrong and not what we’ve been doing or focussing on, and if the board actually listen for once then it’s all we need from him.

Oh is it? Ok, never mind then.
Well yes, clearly. When has Rashford refused to play?

Unread 04-04-2022, 10:13 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Every time he steps onto a pitch, lately.

Unread 04-04-2022, 10:18 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
We know for a fact Martial refused to play? He denied it.

Think I’d prefer Rashford refused to play right now tbh.

One has a reputation for being a good lad, the other for being a sulker, but the net result has been more or less the same. Both have been appalling in terms of output and attitude and neither deserve to be starting next season.

RR laid it out pretty clearly for Rashford post match: we’ll coach him, help him, but ultimately he’s responsible for his own form.
Closed Thread