Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
First out the door this kid.......
Not a chance

Second I hope. After Lukaku.

Unread 08-05-2019, 10:20 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Woodward wouldn’t allow klopp to do his job as he’d want.

They were doing it from his first game in charge.
Not very well though were they

Unread 08-05-2019, 10:22 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Martial and Pogba being sold...

Maguire as our top summer target...

It’s like Mourinho never left.
Two poisonous @#%&!s and a very good defender

Edit. As many have said we need to go back to basics. Martial has it all, but if his attitude stinks then what's the point?

Unread 08-05-2019, 10:26 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Two poisonous @#%&!s and a very good defender

Edit. As many have said we need to go back to basics. Martial has it all, but if his attitude stinks then what's the point?
Yeah...

That’s kind of my point.

Woodward overruled Mourinho when it came to getting shot of Martial and Pogba and also vetoed us signing Mauguire.

A year on and it looks like all three will be happening.

Unread 08-05-2019, 10:47 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Yeah...

That’s kind of my point.

Woodward overruled Mourinho when it came to getting shot of Martial and Pogba and also vetoed us signing Mauguire.

A year on and it looks like all three will be happening.
Ah, sorry. Not quite with it today.

Unread 08-05-2019, 10:51 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Ah, sorry. Not quite with it today.
None of us are pal...

Tbh I’ve honestly gone past the point of giving a £#%&!.

Never nice seeing rivals achieve things (especially those lot) but we’re absolutely miles away from competing with them any time soon and as much as I hate Liverpool, at the moment I hate us even more.

Unread 08-05-2019, 11:06 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
None of us are pal...

Tbh I’ve honestly gone past the point of giving a £#%&!.

Never nice seeing rivals achieve things (especially those lot) but we’re absolutely miles away from competing with them any time soon and as much as I hate Liverpool, at the moment I hate us even more.

Yep.

A shabby Gerrard title win in 09 or 14 would have hurt a lot more.

The reality is that City and Liverpool are the two best teams in the country. They are where they deserve to be and it'll be the same next season.

Hoping they miss out this season is just delaying the inevitable .

Football just seems like a waste of time and energy and I hate myself being so bitter.

I cheered Kompany's goal on Monday and was in a mood for about an hour last night.

Just because I don't like Liverpool.

I'm 35 £#%&!ing years old ffs.

Unread 08-05-2019, 11:15 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Yep.

A shabby Gerrard title win in 09 or 14 would have hurt a lot more.

The reality is that City and Liverpool are the two best teams in the country. They are where they deserve to be and it'll be the same next season.

Hoping they miss out this season is just delaying the inevitable .

Football just seems like a waste of time and energy and I hate myself being so bitter.

I cheered Kompany's goal on Monday and was in a mood for about an hour last night.

Just because I don't like Liverpool.

I'm 35 £#%&!ing years old ffs.

I hear you comrade. I just haven't go the energy to hate with the same level of vociferousness as I did 10 years ago, so I'm just eternally grateful that we had our best days when I was going home and away; it's quite frankly a bit £#%&!ing depressing these days. Gallows humour AOTS.

We've been joking for years in our group that that football ruins the away trips, but it's been getting truer with every passing season. Barca was a joke; basically standing there asking why you're spending hundreds following this shit.

Happy days.

Unread 08-05-2019, 11:16 AM
dunk

The rise back to the top, with a young, exciting side, will be delicious

Of course, we'll all be much older and much more cynical if and when it occurs

Unread 08-05-2019, 11:19 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

It's very, very hard to see that happening at this point in time.

But yeah, things go in cycles, our time will come etc etc... but it's taken Liverpool the best part of 3 decades and the parallels , for the most part, are scary.

I really don't want to just be telling my boy about 'the good old days' instead of him actually experiencing them.

But £#%&! me, we're a state. An utter shambles.

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
It's very, very hard to see that happening at this point in time.

But yeah, things go in cycles, our time will come etc etc... but it's taken Liverpool the best part of 3 decades and the parallels , for the most part, are scary.

I really don't want to just be telling my boy about 'the good old days' instead of him actually experiencing them.

But £#%&! me, we're a state. An utter shambles.
Not sure how it'll happen, but happen it will. It needs to be quick, reality tells me that even with a strong head wind and everything going our way we're looking at 5 years. The way we're ran currently and in light of decisions being made on the playing staff, could be a decade before we even start heading the right way

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:03 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

It's going to be brutal and we'll need seriously thick skin. But I am willing to patiently sit it out

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think the point was that his ability to do so might be undermined. Utd99 was suggesting Ole will be firm in dictating to Woodward this summer. Does his early routine of going around saying all these lads needed was a hug weaken that position?
I said he should, not that he would. We just don’t know what type he’s going to be, but I wouldn’t be fooled by the nice guy act. Surely he’s smart enough to know that relying on these players is suicide.

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:11 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

This is his dream job. Surely he'll want to be remembered as a winner rather than someone who achieved absolutely nothing

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:16 PM
utd99

People who call themselves United supporters but want more of this poison.........

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:18 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I agree but he really needs to buck the £#%&! up. Ole see's him far more than you or I and its clear he thinks the lad is taking the piss.

If Martial had anything about himself as a player or a professional, he'd go out of his way to prove him wrong rather than sulk around like a giant sandy fanny looking for a way out.

We have a toxic core of players at the club who don't give a flying £#%&! about the badge. Its a dangerous to have too many.

I'd keep him simply because he's actually good at football and we have so few players that are but it really hangs in the balance. And how Martial can escape criticism from any united fan is beyond me because he acts the @#%&!.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He does, but he has half a point tbf.

You come in with "god I'm lucky to manage these players; coaching is easy when you've got quality like this" etc

Two months of bad results.

"Can I sell everyone?"

The laying in the bed he made part may be true. A few on here suspected he partly got the gig to save money.
He has said that wholesale changes would rock the boat - which is code for 'I wish I could £#%&! half these @#%&!s off'. And he's right, to an extent... Think somebody mentioned that Pep brought in 6 new players after his first season and promptly won the league?

I think the issue with this squad is that it's required a clear out for too long.

Fellaini is already gone, mind you.

I really wish we were in the position to bin the likes of Martial. He wouldn't last two minutes at City.

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:22 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Woodward wouldn’t allow klopp to do his job as he’d want.
You don’t know that. I haven’t seen Klopp buy 11 players, stick them all on the bench while continuing with Brendon Rodgers players and whining that he can’t go out and buy another 11 willy nilly. Our managers were supported; however, in the real world, anyone who employs and supports you is entitled to ask at some point when we can expect some improvement.

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:22 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
People who call themselves United supporters but want more of this poison.........
I have come round to thinking that your were right all along about Martial. Allowed myself to be infatuated with his talent, but his attitude seems unsalvageable, you can only blame others for so long, at some point personal responsibility has to come into it.

Night and day watching listless Martial and then the intensity and focus of who should be his peers in Mane, Sterling, Son and co. Waste of talent unless his attitude diametrically alters.

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:25 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

That's not the point.

He said what a talented bunch of players he has and would have said that when he was interviewed for the job and probably said it doesn't need wholesale changes (which we all know needs to happen but won't). They already saved £40m by not getting Pochettino and will think, based on what Ole said about the squad, that they won't need to spend another shedload.

Like you say, let's wait and see, but I reckon no more than three signings will be made and one of those we will roll our eyes at.

This is his dream job - he isn't going to piss of the board like previous managers by demanding big names as he knows that, as soon as he is sacked, he will end up back in Norway. This is his chance of a lifetime and he isn't going to rock the boat.

I hope he proves us wrong.

I like how you jump from 'he says we have a talented bunch of players' to 'that's obviously what he said at his interview' and 'probably said it doesn't need wholesale changes'.

ie you go from something he did say to something you have no idea whatsoever whether he said or not.

Personally, I'm not sure wholesale changes are necessary or realistic:

I think it's realistic and necessary to ditch Lukaku, Young and Lingard and get a new striker, a new right back, and a new right sided midfielder.

I would ask the fitness staff to get Luke Shaw to look more like a footballer than a darts player or get jobs elsewhere. I would try and keep Herrera but look for his and Matic's replacement over the course of next season.

I would probably keep Martial and try him, Rashers and the new striker upfront.

I would simply release Phil Jones back to the wild with nothing more than a handkerchief knotted on the end of a pole.

3 key players in and 4 or 5 out.
Closed Thread