United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:50 PM
NedKelly

In all honesty I didn’t think we were that bad yesterday. Certainly not during the first half. Last 15-20 the pressure piled on but that’s going to happen in some games where we’re not clicking. Take that 20 mins away and you’d be saying it was a routine boring 1-0 win. We’ve had plenty of those over the years - including under Ferguson.

I love seeing people work up into a frenzy on here, it makes me laugh, but it is important to remain level headed. I bet within a few games we hit our stride and are playing much better.

This time last year we were seething over Brighton beating us. I’d take last night over that any day, wouldn’t you?

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:55 PM
Big Norm

Was also a red card now apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
In all honesty I didn’t think we were that bad yesterday. Certainly not during the first half. Last 15-20 the pressure piled on but that’s going to happen in some games where we’re not clicking. Take that 20 mins away and you’d be saying it was a routine boring 1-0 win. We’ve had plenty of those over the years - including under Ferguson.

I love seeing people work up into a frenzy on here, it makes me laugh, but it is important to remain level headed. I bet within a few games we hit our stride and are playing much better.

This time last year we were seething over Brighton beating us. I’d take last night over that any day, wouldn’t you?
Not sure what game you were watching but the in the one I saw Wolves should have scored 3 or 4 goals and United looked a disorganised mess for the majority of it.

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:00 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Don't think there has been a massive overreaction it was a very poor performance throughout the majority of the side. Fortunate to get the win, as Wolves probably deserved a point (minimum). Hopefully we will improve at weekend.

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Would i take a win over a defeat? Hmmm, let me think

If we were playing brighton last night they've have beaten us about 4-1. Let's not compare apples and oranges. The performance from United was just as wretched as the first two games last season, the only saving grace was that we were playing a team who just about beat relegation last season and had to sell all their best players.

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:04 PM
Coracao

Wolves going to struggle for goals all season again. Can't keep getting away with it, seems to have been a problem for them for years. May well get them relegated this year.

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:04 PM
Patty_b

Wasn't a pen. The outrage is class though. The new season is definitely underway

If keepers should be given less protection when players clatter into them challenging for the ball, much like what happened to De Gea any time he came out to collect a ball because they knew he was a soft touch, then outfield players shouldn't be getting £#%&!ing penalties when they get clattered by a goalkeeper competing for a ball.

If that was the other way around, it wouldn't have even got a second mention, and if we won a penalty for it there'd be the same amount of outrage.

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:06 PM
NedKelly

Sorry lads forgot myself for a moment there

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Wasn't a pen. The outrage is class though. The new season is definitely underway

If keepers should be given less protection when players clatter into them challenging for the ball, much like what happened to De Gea any time he came out to collect a ball because they knew he was a soft touch, then outfield players shouldn't be getting £#%&!ing penalties when they get clattered by a goalkeeper competing for a ball.

If that was the other way around, it wouldn't have even got a second mention, and if we won a penalty for it there'd be the same amount of outrage.
yeah. remember the outrage when calvert-lewin put his arm into de gea's face or when billy sharp pushed de gea from behind (in a game in which we also had a goal disallowed for a non-existent foul on the keeper)? no? me neither.

Unread 15-08-2023, 07:05 PM
dunk

Got form the lad..

No penalty, apologies or demotions for either.

Unread 15-08-2023, 07:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Yes, a perfectly normal reaction to a questionable decision that we see every week.

Unread 15-08-2023, 07:30 PM
Patty_b

Opposition fans and pundits like to think we're not that relevant anymore, and they prove it by manufacturing controversies about us, and then talking about it non-stop.

Unread 15-08-2023, 07:43 PM
jem

all I got from that is that darren bent has a small club mentality.

was he playing for charlton when they just kicked new ronaldo all over the valley?

Unread 15-08-2023, 07:52 PM
dunk

Unread 15-08-2023, 07:55 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It was properly Schmeichel-esque that. Cleaning 2 @#%&!s out at the same time.

Couldn't have had a much better debut really.

Unread 15-08-2023, 08:20 PM
pedr0

interesting thing about rewatching it is that NONE of the wolves players are appealing for a penalty.

Unread 15-08-2023, 08:36 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Got form the lad..

https://x.com/joediego24/status/1691...FISmV5ixy0aAOQ

No penalty, apologies or demotions for either.
And that's the point isn't it? I wouldn't compare the Antony one, but that second one is exactly the same. If it is, it is..but if it isn't it isn't; the hysteria is about us, not the situation.

If Bruno's equalizer against City last year had have anyone else it would have gotten 5 minutes of air time. As it is I saw some outlets still talking about it last week.

Unread 15-08-2023, 08:39 PM
atticusgrinch

Unread 15-08-2023, 08:41 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
interesting thing about rewatching it is that NONE of the wolves players are appealing for a penalty.
The ball had gone mate. Not a single thing Onana did changed the course of the ball. He cleaned them out for sure, but he was all eyes on the ball, his hands went either side and they also collided with each other. Everyone keeps saying were were lucky but nothing about how lucky they would have been if it were awarded.

That said, it was a horrible judge of the flight tbh.

Unread 15-08-2023, 08:43 PM
Boring Dave

I thought it was a definite pen meself. On the replay I was thinking possible red too. He was late, very late and got nowhere near the ball.

Not arsed though. Poor performance, but I expect in a month we’ll be fine.

Unread 15-08-2023, 08:48 PM
BigJim

Quote:
In all honesty I didn’t think we were that bad yesterday.
Though that's probably because you're a clueless @#%&! tbf.