Unread 05-11-2008, 01:54 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
........................Foster

Rafael......Rio.....Vidic.........Evra

Ronaldo....Carrick...Fletcher...Park

..........Rooney.....Berbs
Fergie does like him in Europe, wouldn't entirely surprise me.

Unread 05-11-2008, 02:04 PM
originalhogg

I'd play three at the back, 5 in midfeild and 3 up front, Cant see them as a goalscoring threat!

Unread 05-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhogg
I'd play three at the back, 5 in midfeild and 3 up front, Cant see them as a goalscoring threat!
You'd be wasting an attacking threat.

Unread 05-11-2008, 02:16 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
You'd be wasting an attacking threat.

Sorry I meant 2 up front!

Unread 05-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhogg
Sorry I meant 2 up front!
I didn't realise you had put 3, even so, 3 at the back is wrong imo.

Our formation is more like this:

.....................CB............CB

RB.............................................LB
...............CM.......CM.

RW........CF..........CF.................LW

The overlapping of our full backs is a key component of the way we play. In addition, you'd be playing 3 at the back, when there is no need, especially as Celtic are likely to play one up front. I'm not sure why 3-5-2 is seen as a more positive formation than 4-4-2.

Unread 05-11-2008, 02:45 PM
The Watcher

I expect Anderson and Berbatov to be on the bench, with the Arsenal game to come. Maybe Ronnie will be rested too?

Anyway, this is what I expect:

Foster

Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Nani
Carrick
Fletcher
Park

Rooney
Tevez

Unread 05-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Tronics

Foster

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Evra

C.Ronaldo
Carrick
Anderson
Park

Berbs
Tevez

Unread 05-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

I'll have some of that Tronics.

Unread 05-11-2008, 03:48 PM
BigChief

Personally think we would have beaten them by a few more at OT if Evra had played.

Hopefully he'll play tonight and celtic will really struggle with him and rafael going forward!
Got me a 5er on Rafael for first goal at 40/1!

Unread 05-11-2008, 04:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Good Fergie quote from his Press conference :-

Hopefully I can give a few players some minutes on the pitch,” said Ferguson. “But I’ll be picking a team to get a result. That’s the important thing: we’re not fiddling about here. We did that in 2006 and threw away a game [against FC Copenhagen in Denmark]. We can’t afford to do that.”

Unread 05-11-2008, 04:57 PM
magic_cantona

I just hope we go out and embarrass these part-time @#%&!s in their 'fortress'.

Unread 05-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I'm not sure why 3-5-2 is seen as a more positive formation than 4-4-2.
true, though i never realised it was.

3-5-2 is just potentially more flexible than the effective but predictable 4-4-2. anyway this is not the time to change from our winning 3-4-3 formation of Aalborg away...

Foster

Ferdinand
Evans
Evra

Rafael
Carrick
Fletcher
Park

Giggs

Tevez
Rooney

Possebon to come off the bench.

No doubt Ronaldo as well so that we can score a goal.

And Berbatov for one of the mad dogs up front.

Unread 05-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I just hope we go out and embarrass these part-time @#%&!s in their 'fortress'.
I hate them so much. I don't even know why.

Unread 05-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I hate them so much. I don't even know why.
They're so much like the scousers in many ways. The ridiculous media fawning over their support and THAT £#%&!ing song. Tonight will be no exception, I fully expect every tired old cliché to be trotted out by the commentators who will probably spend more time blithering on about the 'atmosphere' than the game itself. Their support will no doubt scream themselves hoarse and then congratulate themselves endlessly on just how loyal and fantastic they are.

I've been on that talkceltic.net forum and one of them was saying that he "couldn't sleep last night" through sheer giddyness. FFS. You'd expect this sort of behaviour from Exeter City supporters, but aren't Celtic supposed to be a "big" club?

Unread 05-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Gizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They're so much like the scousers in many ways. The ridiculous media fawning over their support and THAT £#%&!ing song. Tonight will be no exception, I fully expect every tired old cliché to be trotted out by the commentators who will probably spend more time blithering on about the 'atmosphere' than the game itself. Their support will no doubt scream themselves hoarse and then congratulate themselves endlessly on just how loyal and fantastic they are.

I've been on that talkceltic.net forum and one of them was saying that he "couldn't sleep last night" through sheer giddyness. FFS. You'd expect this sort of behaviour from Exeter City supporters, but aren't Celtic supposed to be a "big" club?
Didn't Clive Tyldsley say two weeks ago that the atmos for our last trip to Celtic was one of the best he's ever known.... unbelievable.

Unread 05-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizza
Didn't Clive Tyldsley say two weeks ago that the atmos for our last trip to Celtic was one of the best he's ever known.... unbelievable.
no, he said it was the best.

Unread 05-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
no, he said it was the best.
To be fair, they're loud - but only on big occasions. Most of their league games go dead silent after the first 15 minutes.

Unread 05-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Grimson

Oh yes, the team:

Foster

Rafael
Vidic
Obama
Evra

Fletcher
Obama
Ronaldo
Park

Obama
Berbatov

Unread 05-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
To be fair, they're loud - but only on big occasions. Most of their league games go dead silent after the first 15 minutes.
Well that's just it isn't it. Any team's supporters can get all giddy for a big game. I've watched them many times on Setanta against all manner of ropey little scottish teams and their stadium was like a morgue. But to listen to some of the crap banded about you'd think that Celtic park was a caulderon of partizan noise every other week.

but don't worry, sky will be in full 'myth' bullshit overload tonight.

Unread 05-11-2008, 08:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Any chance we will wear the all blue kit, really wind the £#%&!ers up?
Closed Thread