silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Good, more room for mine.

Unread 15-11-2008, 07:39 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I'm about to be controversial (no change there then). As some of you know, I'm a supporter of buying the best there is and not making do with good players.

In the past, we have broken transfer records for Rio and not needed to replace him for a decade. We've actually saved money imho on this. If we'd bought a cheaper alternative, say a Woodgate then we'd have spent a fortune buying stop gaps or cover.

We bought Keane for a fortune at the time, that position was then covered for years, no need to replace him and we could concentrate on other positions. Look at the replacements we've bought "on the cheap" bearing in mind £26M for Essien was too much. Kleberson, Djemba, Smith, Hargreaves, Carrick. It was very expensive replacing Keane and in hindsight, Essien would have been the cheaper option.

Now we get to Benzema, I'm not sure he's as good as everyone says but if he is, buy him. Look at what we've spent on the strikers we have and we still cant £#%&!ing score. Stop arsing around, go and buy the best. IMHO we've pissed £32M up the wall on a moody Bulgarian, we could all see it coming. Chuck that in the pot and suddenly a £50M for Benzema looks reasonable. Scar's right, they wont get £79M for him but at £50M he could be our answer for 10 years.

Buy cheap, buy twice.
time says this post is full of shit!

Unread 15-11-2008, 08:01 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay

Touched a nerve......

From what I've seen,yes I do think he's an excellent talent, but I'll withdraw my #@&%! from his arse for the time being, ta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Good, more room for mine.

Unread 15-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
time says this post is full of shit!
Has it really? I think you're a little premature saying Rio wasn't worth the money or that Berbatov definitely was. I'm no Berbie hater but for me, I'd rather have seen the money thrown into the pot and we sign someone like Benzema.

Unread 15-11-2008, 08:23 PM
silv

Quote:
Has it really? I think you're a little premature saying Rio wasn't worth the money or that Berbatov definitely was. I'm no Berbie hater but for me, I'd rather have seen the money thrown into the pot and we sign someone like Benzema.
berbs the business

i reckon rio was worth 50m.

Unread 15-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
berbs the business

i reckon rio was worth 50m.
So are you saying we should or should not be buying the best there is in each position?

Unread 15-11-2008, 08:45 PM
silv

Quote:
So are you saying we should or should not be buying the best there is in each position?
I think sometimes players are made for united and berbatov is one of them.

Unread 15-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
I think sometimes players are made for united and berbatov is one of them.
So you've taken a few words on one line that doesn't even slate Berbs and stated that the "post is full of shit". Thanks for clarifying what you £#%&!ing meant.

You'll probably say we didn't piss £32M up the wall on him. Well he was a £20M player max with his record and length of contract left. We could have pretty much anyone else for that much, if we'd chucked it in the Benzema pot we know we'd have a shit hot strike force for 10 years. As it is we're looking for a partner for Rooney again in 4-5 years.

Unread 19-11-2008, 08:49 AM
koppas

Watched Champions League weekly the other night. They wanted to offer him a professional contract at the age of 15. They obviously couldn't.

Top red.

Unread 19-11-2008, 10:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
So you've taken a few words on one line that doesn't even slate Berbs and stated that the "post is full of shit". Thanks for clarifying what you £#%&!ing meant.

You'll probably say we didn't piss £32M up the wall on him. Well he was a £20M player max with his record and length of contract left. We could have pretty much anyone else for that much, if we'd chucked it in the Benzema pot we know we'd have a shit hot strike force for 10 years. As it is we're looking for a partner for Rooney again in 4-5 years.
Are you ever even vaguely happy Sniffles? I worry for you. By the way, Benzema has made it clear on numerous occasions, he wants to go to Spain. Said it again last week.
Closed Thread