United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever
oh dear... :shakehead: Bitterness doesn't suit you Sparky.

By the way there are plenty of people on this board who believe Chelsea are the stronger team. There was a thread on here last week in which several posters said that, you don't need the bravado all of a sudden.

Good luck to you this season, i was just saying if you had the injuries we did last season the season would have ended differently. It's a fact.
We put out a reserve team at your place ffs. If we had been at full strength it would have been all over then.

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:32 PM
MUFC One Love

All you hear is how Chelsea are 'stronger'. What 'cos they spent loads of money getting a big strong squad, managed to win 2 titles when we was in transition, thought they was on their way to becoming a big side around the world, until United won 2 titles and a European Cup? It certainly has set them back a few years, hasn't it?

We're double winners, with an immense defence, when everyone is fit, a very good midfield, and one of the best set of attacking players in Europe, and with Berbatov likely to be added, if he is, I'd say we've got the best attack in Europe. Players like Nani and Anderson will only get better, and we have youngsters like the twins and Possebon.

Yep, Chelsea are well stronger, despite United proving they're the best team here and in Europe. The open day giddiness will come back and haunt Chelsea etc.

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Sparky***

I don't remember chelsea having too many injuries in the european cup final.

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:34 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't remember chelsea having too many injuries in the european cup final.
And when we attacked them (finally we had a go instead of matching them and playing into their hands) we scored, and Tevez could have easily bagged 2. All before they scored as well wasn't it? And their goal, surprise surprise came from about 72 deflections to drop to 'Lamps'. The only person to ever lose his mother.

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
We put out a reserve team at your place ffs. If we had been at full strength it would have been all over then.
Course. And if we'd been allowed to play with 11 men at OT it might have been differently too.

Injuries last season include (and these are for a sustained period of time)

Cech and Cudicini (out at the same)
Drogba
Lampard
Terry
Carvalho
Ashley Cole
Ballack
Malouda
Essien
Bridge

In fact there were only a handful of players (7) that played more than 25 PL games - and those 7 don't include Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Carlvalho and Ballack. But no you had the same injury list that we did.

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:36 PM
sparks_uuc

Quote:
oh dear... :shakehead: Bitterness doesn't suit you Sparky.

By the way there are plenty of people on this board who believe Chelsea are the stronger team. There was a thread on here last week in which several posters said that, you don't need the bravado all of a sudden.

Good luck to you this season, i was just saying if you had the injuries we did last season the season would have ended differently. It's a fact.
Speculation is the word you're looking for!

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks_uuc
Speculation is the word you're looking for!

Ok yes. Try playing without your first choice keeper. And your second choice keeper. And both your centre backs. and your striker. And both your central midfielders for several games and see how well you do.

I seem to remember it all started falling apart from Vidic was out for a few games.

anyway my point has been made. Do carry on convincing yourselves.

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:40 PM
dodger

Quote:
Course. And if we'd been allowed to play with 11 men at OT it might have been differently too.

Drogba
Lampard
Terry
Carvalho
Ashley Cole
Ballack
Malouda
Essien
Bridge

In fact there were only a handful of players (7) that played more than 25 PL games - and those 7 don't include Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Carlvalho and Ballack. But no you had the same injury list that we did.
Was your skipper out for the season? We lost our keeper as much you lost yours. Was your centre forward out for nearly all the season?

Malouda and Bridge are better when injured.

How long was Essien out for?

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:41 PM
dodger

Quote:

Ok yes. Try playing without your first choice keeper. And your second choice keeper. And both your centre backs. and your striker. And both your central midfielders for several games and see how well you do.

I seem to remember it all started falling apart from Vidic was out for a few games.

Sorry mate, you're deluding yourself on this one.

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:42 PM
sparks_uuc

Quote:

When the prizes are handed out at the end of the season nothing is awarded for excuses.

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Drogba
Lampard
Terry
Carvalho
Ashley Cole
Ballack
Malouda
Essien
Bridge

surely some mistake? Super man's man, mr manly man of mannington J.T doesn't get injured. And Lampard taking time off to cry over his mum doesn't count either.

Bridge and Malouda are shit as well, kind of like us moaning that Darren Fletcher and Keiron Richardson are injured.

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Sorry mate, you're deluding yourself on this one.
I'm not, you just don't want to believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks_uuc
When the prizes are handed out at the end of the season nothing is awarded for excuses.
I know. I'm not making excuses, we didn't win anything last season. I'm saying that injuries made us a weaker team (and even the weakened team came within a penalty and 2 points of a double) but this season if we don't have those injuries, or you do, i'm sure the season will end differently.

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Drogba
Lampard
Terry
Carvalho
Ashley Cole
Ballack
Malouda
Essien
Bridge

You are really feisty today Whatever...I liiiiike it. :mmmonkey:

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:45 PM
sparks_uuc

Quote:
I know. I'm not making excuses, we didn't win anything last season. I'm saying that injuries made us a weaker team (and even the weakened team came within a penalty and 2 points of a double) but this season if we don't have those injuries, or you do, i'm sure the season will end differently.
Time will tell!

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
surely some mistake? Super man's man, mr manly man of mannington J.T doesn't get injured. And Lampard taking time off to cry over his mum doesn't count either.

Bridge and Malouda are shit as well, kind of like us moaning that Darren Fletcher and Keiron Richardson are injured.
Right. Point still stands. We had really bad injuries last season. It's not an excuse, it's a fact. If this season is different i'll hazard a guess that so will the end result.

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:49 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
His knee is clearly £#%&!ed. Didn't it show on the medical?
It's United who have completely £#%&!ed his knee up by poor diagnosis, delaying treatment & continuing to play him.

Twice they delayer surgery on what turned out to be major injuries.

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Right. Point still stands. We had really bad injuries last season. It's not an excuse, it's a fact. If this season is different i'll hazard a guess that so will the end result.
united didn't win so i hate everything.

but not you. I love you.

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:51 PM
dodger

Quote:
I'm not, you just don't want to believe it..
I do know that I've never used injuries as an explantion for us not winning titles etc. You just get on with it. Not to do so is very Arsenal.
And I certainly wouldn't carry on bleating about it into the next season. Oh, the injustice of it all!
Move on.

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Tronics

Hargo's injury record is shambolic!

Unread 18-08-2008, 03:54 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Malouda and Bridge are better when injured.

It appears someone is still very hurt by that racist cockney @#%&!s missed penalty!

Excellent
Closed Thread