Originally Posted by puressence
hows agbonlahor
Fine as far as i know.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:17 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
cult status

Adebayor is just 1 example. The same Adebayor who went completely missing when the season got to the crunch.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Fatboy Shrek

I dont really get this Pavlyuchenko hype. I thought he was ok at the euros. Definitely wouldn't get in our side, same with Arshavin. Bentley's alright and currently better than Nani, but would you swap the pair? Not a chance.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
bentley imho is a cracking player great feet lovely crosser of a ball and imho alot better than nani ..

only really seen asharvin in euros and he looked shithot imho ..

as for pavluchenko watched him a few times always looks quality needs a bit of work on finishing (like rooney) but a great talent who would be available at a good price ..
Don't agree with that as Bentley has been about longer. Nani will prove to be a better player imo.

Arshavin was superb for Zenit in their UEFA cup run too. Like you say he had a fantastic Euro (bar the semi) and destroyed the Dutch.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
hows agbonlahor
Good player imo.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Good player imo.
Yeah i quite like him and he's only young. He does need to fix on a position and given his pace and aggression I think he's best developing as an out and out striker, though he'd have to improve his finishing. Oh and i'd take ashley Young ahead of Bentley personally.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:24 AM
keano's love

spurs are building a very good team imo.

--------gomes----------------
--hutton--woody--king---bale-
---------jenas--modric--------
----arshavin-----------bentley-
----------payluchenko---------

Thats is a really good line up imo. This with a bench of dos santos, bent, huddlestone, dawson, gilberto,zakora.

I am tempted to say that looks a better balanced team than what dippers have. Dippers are an injury away from torres to be a disaster. spurs aren't as they are bringing in good depth.

And for the first time in many years, they have a fantastic manager in Ramos.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:25 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love

Thats is a really good line up imo. This with a bench of dos santos, bent, huddlestone, dawson, gilberto,zakora.

I am tempted to say that looks a better balanced team than what dippers have. Dippers are an injury away from torres to be a disaster. spurs aren't as they are bringing in good depth.

That's 10, no?

I think Modric is a good player but looks very lightweight. Bentley will never be a top player at a high level. I think Spurs will finish 6th at best.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:28 AM
One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I think Spurs will finish 6th at best.
Battle between Everton, Villa, Spurs for 5th and 6th. Top 4 as usual.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Neither fullback can defend and King is £#%&!ed but carry on. That team would concede 4 a game.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:30 AM
keano's love

Quote:
That's 10, no?

I think Modric is a good player but looks very lightweight. Bentley will never be a top player at a high level. I think Spurs will finish 6th at best.
I forgot!! it was looking strong with 10 players. It will be with 11.

You can put capel in there if they get him also or move modric into that behind the striker position along with arshavin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Neither fullback can defend and King is £#%&!ed but carry on. That team would concede 4 a game.
There are rumours that ramos hasn't bought a defender because king has fully recovered. And you are underestimating bale. He is an excellent fullback.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:30 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Adebayor is just 1 example. The same Adebayor who went completely missing when the season got to the crunch.
£#%&!ing hell, be careful there mate.I suggested the same thing and a couple of helmets wouldn't let it rest for about 4 days.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

There are rumours that ramos hasn't bought a defender because king has fully recovered. And you are underestimating bale. He is an excellent fullback.
On what evidence do you base that assesment of Bale? Oh and i heard King may have to retire.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
King is a huge gamble. His knee is a wreck.

The two first choice centre backs are injury prone. Hutton had a couple of good games (one against us) but other than that not seen a great deal to suggest Utd missed out.

We should have got Bale but he's been out for a long time, will see how he recovers.

Modric and Arshavin (if the latter signs), Dos Santos too, won't know what's hit them with the pace and physical nature of games in the PL. It'll take time for them to adapt.

puressence

Quote:

adebayor was flogged to death at the end ..yet still bagged a 30 min hatrick .. if you cant see him as a top drawer player i give up ..

Part 36 Offer

Quote:

That's zehn Sharath!

A midfield of Jenas and Modric would get destroyed in the Premiership. They are desperate for a ball winner that can win and retain possession.

They have some good young players and a good coach. They will finish in the top 6 at best imo. Modric will be at one Europe's top clubs in two seasons mark my words.

Spurs have never been able to keep their best players and they never will.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
King is a huge gamble. His knee is a wreck.

The two first choice centre backs are injury prone. Hutton had a couple of good games (one against us) but other than that not seen a great deal to suggest Utd missed out.

We should have got Bale but he's been out for a long time, will see how he recovers.

Modric and Arshavin (if the latter signs), Dos Santos too, won't know what's hit them with the pace and physical nature of games in the PL. It'll take time for them to adapt.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Whalefish

Dos Santos has already said he sees Spurs as a stepping stone to a bigger club.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:39 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
That's zehn Sharath!

A midfield of Jenas and Modric would get destroyed in the Premiership. They are desperate for a ball winner that can win and retain possession.

They have some good young players and a good coach. They will finish in the top 6 at best imo. Modric will be at one Europe's top clubs in two seasons mark my words.

Spurs have never been able to keep their best players and they never will.
The problem with jenas is he tries too much. to attack and defend. similar with zakora as they were playing in a 4-4-2. If jenas is told to primarily defend and keep the simple passes he has pace and energy to be effective.

People will be surprised about modric and arshavin. The thing that matters most in premiership now is pace. these 2 have that in abudance. If you see spurs problem is playing against smaller clubs. these guys will ensure they £#%&! the smaller sides big time. keano's team will have a shock in the 2nd game IMO.

I am prepared to put my head in line and say, Spurs will finish 4th or 5th. There will not be more than 5 points difference between them and dippers.

Unread 23-07-2008, 10:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
you must be £#%&!ing stupid if you think bentley isnt better than at least park! i would rather have him than hargo too as that isnt his best position, nani again at the present moment probably isnt better.
Yep, Hargreaves was absolutely dogshit on the right of midfield against Roma and in the CL final, 2nd half. Bentley hasn't got half of either of those performances in him.

Nani is already vastly superior to Bentley, from an output POV. Once he sorts those slight decision making problems he has, he will be 5 times the player Bentley will ever be. Bentley has never put in a performance as good as Arsenal in the cup from Nani. Just as he has never delivered under the pressure Nani did at the start of last season. Short memories on here at times.
Closed Thread