United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Crumps

Was £#%&!ing gutted when we signed him tbh but he did win me over to a certain extent. The manner in which he sustained his injury is testament to the fact he grafted and gave 100% when he played for us and the day that injury occured he put the efforts of some other players (actually considered legends by some people) to shame. Decent forward when we signed him, pretty shit midfielder when he left us.

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:15 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Was £#%&!ing gutted when we signed him tbh but he did win me over to a certain extent. The manner in which he sustained his injury is testament to the fact he grafted and gave 100% when he played for us and the day that injury occured he put the efforts of some other players (actually considered as legends by some people) to shame. Decent forward when we signed him, pretty shit midfielder when he left us.

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:16 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Was £#%&!ing gutted when we signed him tbh but he did win me over to a certain extent. The manner in which he sustained his injury is testament to the fact he grafted and gave 100% when he played for us and the day that injury occured he put the efforts of some other players (actually considered as legends by some people) to shame. Decent forward when we signed him, pretty shit midfielder when he left us.
crumps, i know i'm not making any friends with this thread but in the case of smith- he never won me over. i think it's laughable that people mention his name closely followed by 110%.

i remember that cup game when he came back from injury. he was £#%&!ing awful both in ability and attitude. surrounded by the res' players who were struggling, that @#%&! chose to point the finger and sulk.

john o'shea, fletcher, park, piquet give 100%and get more grief than that @#%&!. even nicky butt did ffs.

at OT the stretford end sang his name as he walked of the pitch in his newcastle strip and the @#%&! didn't even clap them.

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
crumps, i know i'm not making any friends with this thread but in the case of smith- he never won me over. i think it's laughable that people mention his name closely followed by 110%.

i remember that cup game when he came back from injury. he was £#%&!ing awful both in ability and attitude. surrounded by the res' players who were struggling, that @#%&! chose to point the finger and sulk.

john o'shea, fletcher, park, piquet give 100%and get more grief than that @#%&!. even nicky butt did ffs.

at OT the stretford end sang his name as he walked of the pitch in his newcastle strip and the @#%&! didn't even clap them.

AND?

Whats your point?

making fun of his leg break in a thread is acceptable?

How he played and what he is like as a man makes no difference to your £#%&!ing sly gag

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Crumps

Quote:

Fairy muff. We all have our own opinions and I can see where you are coming from but don't agree with it.

I was stuck in MRI the day we signed him and was absoloutley gutted about it.

TBH I think that injury may £#%&!ed him for good as any lack of confidence or thinking twice and your games is £#%&!ed. His next club after Newcastle will probably be the scum again as what ability he had appear to have gone.

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:

Couple of decent points there.

I agree he was never a great player and never will be.

Also agree with the point about the shit O'shea undeservedly gets too, he always puts the effort in and i've seen much worse players than O'shea over the years.

Kind of agree with the not clapping thing but he was captain of a team that had just got @#%&!ted 6-0 and had just been sent off.

However still doesn't justify the picture followed by

:shakehead:

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:31 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
Couple of decent points there.

I agree he was never a great player and never will be.

Also agree with the point about the shit O'shea undeservedly gets too, he always puts the effort in and i've seen much worse players than O'shea over the years.

Kind of agree with the not clapping thing but he was captain of a team that had just got @#%&!ted 6-0 and had just been sent off.

However still doesn't justify the picture followed by

:shakehead:
if that injury had ruined his career i wouldn't be laughing. i don't care about him playing for newcastle, i didn't care about him when he played for leeds, i hated him but as soon as he signed for us i knew my hatred was justifyed and i didn't want that @#%&! anywhere near united.

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:36 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
AND?

Whats your point?

making fun of his leg break in a thread is acceptable?

How he played and what he is like as a man makes no difference to your £#%&!ing sly gag
would it make you happy if you saw someone you hated in pain?

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Professor

How old are you?

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
if that injury had ruined his career i wouldn't be laughing. i don't care about him playing for newcastle, i didn't care about him when he played for leeds, i hated him but as soon as he signed for us i knew my hatred was justifyed and i didn't want that @#%&! anywhere near united.
You didn't care about him, but you hated him.

All makes sense.

Why don't you admit you were £#%&!ing hammered when you posted, we'll all understand.

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:49 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
You didn't care about him, but you hated him.

All makes sense.

Why don't you admit you were £#%&!ing hammered when you posted, we'll all understand.
have you realised your silly mistake regarding hillsborough? no offence taken.

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:51 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
How old are you?
why?

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Some of you belonged in the stands with the scousers, cheering.

Spot on.

Quote:

I hope you are joking.

He'd just been sent off in a game they were losing 6-0 you £#%&!ing clown.

Clapping would go really go down well with his team mates, fans and employers.

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:56 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Spot on.

I hope you are joking.

He'd just been sent off in a game they were losing 6-0 you £#%&!ing clown.

Clapping would go really go down well with his team mates, fans and employers.
hughes did it and he £#%&!ing scored. it didn't go down well in leeds when he signed for us, it didn't stop the @#%&! though did it.

Unread 02-05-2008, 11:03 PM
utd99

Quote:
The originator of this thread was obviously well on his way to getting pissed when he posted this utter garbage in the early hours of the morning.

He must have then got onto the "sticky" drinks because he got all maudlin' like and posted this

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77096

Double standards on the rocks and then bedtime I think for you darling.
First of all there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever between a player suffering an injury which keeps them out of the game for a while and scores of men, women and children losing their lives in a catastrophe such as Hillsborough...None whatsoever.

But I have to say Wonks, this is the first time I have ever seen you start a thread 'cos you fancied a ruck...

Unread 02-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Professor

Quote:
why?
It seems odd that a footballer could stir such tangible hatred in a grown ass man. You asked someone if there was a person they hated, and would it make them happy to see that person in pain. Seems like most people would reserve that level of revulsion for people who had personally done something to them or their families.

Unread 02-05-2008, 11:21 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
It seems odd that a footballer could stir such tangible hatred in a grown ass man. You asked someone if there was a person they hated, and would it make them happy to see that person in pain. Seems like most people would reserve that level of revulsion for people who had personally done something to them or their families.
Isuppose you're right, infact i know you are. football, however, creates it own parameters. which is why, to use charlstown's anology, grown men sing about munich and hillsborough.

i'm 33

asl?

Unread 02-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
hughes did it and he £#%&!ing scored. it didn't go down well in leeds when he signed for us, it didn't stop the @#%&! though did it.
Not every player is Hughes.

Unread 04-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
have you realised your silly mistake regarding hillsborough? no offence taken.
What £#%&!ing mistake ? Six foots deep enough son, you can come up now.

You were bladdered right ? Don't avoid the suggestion. Feel free to deny it if you were working shifts.

While there is no direct comparison between the devastation of Smith's injury and what happened in Sheffield - my point is you take the piss out of a human being and a United player (who you don't like) in a tragic situation and one hour later you are grieving like a pissed up bird on Bacardi breezers about Scousers (who I'm guessing you don't like either).

What prompted both posts about past history out of the blue anyway?

As a 3.00 a.m humanitarian (whether celebrating severe injury or mourning fatalities) your values are shall we say, a bit all over the place.

Unread 04-05-2008, 04:30 PM
wonky no

Quote:
What £#%&!ing mistake ? Six foots deep enough son, you can come up now.

You were bladdered right ? Don't avoid the suggestion. Feel free to deny it if you were working shifts.

While there is no direct comparison between the devastation of Smith's injury and what happened in Sheffield - my point is you take the piss out of a human being and a United player (who you don't like) in a tragic situation and one hour later you are grieving like a pissed up bird on Bacardi breezers about Scousers (who I'm guessing you don't like either).

What prompted both posts about past history out of the blue anyway?

As a 3.00 a.m humanitarian (whether celebrating severe injury or mourning fatalities) your values are shall we say, a bit all over the place.

smiths injury wasn't tragic.
i was watching something on the box and they metioned hillsbro'
yes i was pissed but that wasn't why i laughed at smith (again).

a broken leg= 96 deaths? i think your grasp on being humain is a little more warped than mine.
Closed Thread