United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Whalefish

Question

Because he's crap at his job?
Because CQ is in fact running the team, Fergie isn't?

Unread 21-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
BTTT

Again Fergie unsure of how to play, who to play £#%&!s up his team and ends up having his best XI on the pitch after three subs.

Late goal saves us in Europe again.

If us fans can see it, why can't our manager ??
I long for the day that you become our manager, you tedious £#%&!wit.

Unread 21-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Why the vitriol.. EI makes some excellent points..

Or is it merely coincidence that United repeatedly fail in Europe ?

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why.

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Why the vitriol.. EI makes some excellent points..

Or is it merely coincidence that United repeatedly fail in Europe ?
Why?

The vast majority of his posts are nothing but whinging, negative posts about United and Ferguson.

I'm convinced he is either a manic depressive or a Liverpool fan. Nothing is ever positive.

1-1 was a good result last night. We were infact the better team on the night. And the £#%&!er is still whinging.

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Why?

The vast majority of his posts are nothing but whinging, negative posts about United and Ferguson.

I'm convinced he is either a manic depressive or a Liverpool fan. Nothing is ever positive.

1-1 was a good result last night. We were infact the better team on the night. And the £#%&!er is still whinging.
Yes in the context of the tie it was a good result.

But in the longer term, do you honestly exoect us to win the EC this year if Fergie insists on his bizarre team selections and tactics ???

Considering the fact that we were arguably the best team in Europe for ten years, one EC and one final appearance is appalling.

Only the gayest of the gaylords would argue against that.

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Yes in the context of the tie it was a good result.

But in the longer term, do you honestly exoect us to win the EC this year if Fergie insists on his bizarre team selections and tactics ???

Considering the fact that we were arguably the best team in Europe for ten years, one EC and one final appearance is appalling.

Only the gayest of the gaylords would argue against that.
I think we'll win the CL this year. If we do maybe you could cheer up for half an hour?

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:33 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think we'll win the CL this year. If we do maybe you could cheer up for half an hour?
I agree with that. But Giggs & Scholes must not start in the remaining games. Especially Giggs.

In fact, I think our best XI finished on the pitch last night

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I agree with that. But Giggs & Scholes must not start in the remaining games. Especially Giggs.

Bang on the money that.

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Almost our best XI in my opinion and I essentially agree particul;arly on Giggs. It was still a good result in a game we pretty much ran. It isn't like other away teams have had stunning results in this stage of the CL either. too much melodrama based on a tidy result.

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Coracao

Best team in Europe for ten years? Nowhere near.

Juventus were the best team prior to us winning the European cup and they won it once. Yes, they got to two other finals, but they didn't win them. They lost against pretty average Dortmund and Madrid sides.

From 2001 - 2004 the best team were probably R. Madrid.

We have only come to the fore again since last season.

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:42 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Almost our best XI in my opinion and I essentially agree particul;arly on Giggs. It was still a good result in a game we pretty much ran. It isn't like other away teams have had stunning results in this stage of the CL either. too much melodrama based on a tidy result.
It's a great result. 1-1 away in Europe is always a good result. But that formation will cost us dearly if Fergie persists with it.
The fans can see it (some nearly came to blows arguing about it) why can't Fergie?

Before the match, most people I spoke with agreed a scoring draw would do. And that's what we got. So overall, a pleasing night.

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:44 PM
antonin jablonsky

Fighting over team selection.

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:46 PM
MUFC One Love

We won't win the European Cup. Our away record in Europe of recent years is diabolical. Fergie will just not learn. It's got to the point, and has for a while that I don't even look forward to our away games in Europe 'cos you know what will happen, a scrappy draw or a defeat with a pretty shite boring performance.

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:46 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Fighting over team selection.
It wasn't just that. It was the frustration of everything. There was a spell of 20 mins after they scored that we couldn't do anything right.

It was pretty shit seeing reds square up to each other though

Edit: I shouldn't have been surprised after what went on during the day.
'Top reds' throwing bottles, cans & glasses over the heads of four 15 year old kids. £#%&!ers

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
We won't win the European Cup. Our away record in Europe of recent years is diabolical. Fergie will just not learn. It's got to the point, and has for a while that I don't even look forward to our away games in Europe 'cos you know what will happen, a scrappy draw or a defeat with a pretty shite boring performance.
This is a different team. Stop looking to the past.

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:48 PM
puressence

Quote:
It wasn't just that. It was the frustration of everything. There was a spell of 20 mins after they scored that we couldn't do anything right.

It was pretty shit seeing reds square up to each other though

Edit: I shouldn't have been surprised after what went on during the day.
'Top reds' throwing bottles, cans & glasses over the heads of four 15 year old kids. £#%&!ers
heard about a few things ..

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:54 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
This is a different team. Stop looking to the past.
It's nothing to do with the team it's the manager. We won the league last season so we obviously had a top team yet as usual we was dire away from home. And if last night is anything to go by, it will be the same this season. I wonder how we'll do 'containing' a big club again handicapping ourselves?

Unread 21-02-2008, 04:57 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's nothing to do with the team it's the manager. We won the league last season so we obviously had a top team yet as usual we was dire away from home. And if last night is anything to go by, it will be the same this season. I wonder how we'll do 'containing' a big club again handicapping ourselves?
Last season we didn't have the squad to sustain the challenge on 3 fronts we found ourselves in and we also won the league rather surprisingly. The addition of Tevez, Anderson, Hargo etc and the settling in of others for nother season makes this year totally different, i'm very confident. Making too much out of what was a decent result and calling it "dire" is just silly
Closed Thread