Closed Thread

Unread 20-02-2008, 04:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Italy - Champions of the World.
Milan - Champions of Europe.
Milan - Club World Cub champions.

Since the introduction of the Champions League format in 1992, Italian clubs have won the competition four times and finished runners-up six times. In that time English clubs have won it twice and finished runners-up twice.

The Italian national team have won the World Cup four times and finished runners-up twice. They have won the European Championships once and finished runners-up once. They have also won the Olympic gold medal once. England have won one World Cup and never reached the final of any other international competition.

Italian football is shit.
Also, five of the last eleven Fifa World Player of the Year awards ended up in Serie A. Eleven of the last twenty Ballon D'Or prizes, too. The Premiership scooped one in the same period - a generous Ballon D'Or awarded to Michael Owen seven years ago.

Unread 20-02-2008, 04:46 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Now I know you are on a WUM
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl...891/index.html

are you stupid?

Unread 20-02-2008, 04:51 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
with or without 10 men, they were pants.

best team in europe?

just shows how shite italian football is.

nft.
Yes they were.
I said on here last night that most of the so-called 'Big Guns' in Europe look very £#%&!ing ordinary to me.
I'd bet anything that an English Club will win the European Cup.
I worry that we still don't have the charector to do it.

It's probably Chelsea's year to bore their way to glory to be honest.
Although I'd certainly take that ahead of the vermin or Arsenal winning it.

Unread 20-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The Premiership scooped one in the same period - a generous Ballon D'Or awarded to Michael Owen seven years ago.
How did that happen again?

Unread 20-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Also, five of the last eleven Fifa World Player of the Year awards ended up in Serie A. Eleven of the last twenty Ballon D'Or prizes, too. The Premiership scooped one in the same period - a generous Ballon D'Or awarded to Michael Owen seven years ago.
Yep because those awards are always clearly deserved aren't they...

Unread 20-02-2008, 04:58 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
it all started with a goal against argentina in the world cup 98.

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:00 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Incredible isn't it?

Some of the £#%&!ing great players we've given European Football in recent years - Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Ruud, Keane, Schmeichel etc...
None were recognised for individual honours.
£#%&!ing disgraceful.

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Yep because those awards are always clearly deserved aren't they...
Maybe not, but 16-1? You can't really argue with those figures.

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:03 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Maybe not, but 16-1? You can't really argue with those figures.
ray can argue with himself mate

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Incredible isn't it?

Some of the £#%&!ing great players we've given European Football in recent years - Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Ruud, Keane, Schmeichel etc...
None were recognised for individual honours.
£#%&!ing disgraceful.
Ruud didn't even make the three-man shortlist for the Ballon D'Or in 2003 after scoring 44 goals in our title-winning season, including getting into double figures in the Champions League. To be honest, outside that I don't think we've too much reason to feel hard done by. Beckham was runner-up to Rivaldo for the Ballon D'Or in 99, which was maybe a little unfair, but I don't think we've ever had a clear and deserved winner of these awards since the 60's, have we?

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Coracao

The standard of the league has dropped significantly in Italian football in the past 10 years.People are overreacting a tad to last night though.

I would have thought that Inter would have been far better at retaining posssession. You can't play for an hour with ten men and give the ball away so easily.

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:53 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The standard of the league has dropped significantly in Italian football in the past 10 years.People are overreacting a tad to last night though.

I would have thought that Inter would have been far better at retaining posssession. You can't play for an hour with ten men and give the ball away so easily.

I'd still have us down to struggle if we meet AC.

Mental barriers and that.

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'd still have us down to struggle if we meet AC.

Mental barriers and that.
The main problem with milan will once again be their ability to rest their key players before the big games.

Every time i've seen them this season they have been rubbish. We would have gone through last season if we had a defence. We gifted them goals.

I think Arsenal may knock them out anyway.
Closed Thread