United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
If he'd started the derby last weekend would have been a very different story imo.
Aye. Teams simply can't push up against us when he plays plus I think he's belting in the air in regards to flick ons and his hold up play is very good too.

He's no Andy Cole but on his day he's excellent.

Positive thought for Big Lou.

Unread 16-02-2008, 12:28 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Aye. Teams simply can't push up against us when he plays plus I think he's belting in the air in regards to flick ons and his hold up play is very good too.

He's no Andy Cole but on his day he's excellent.

Positive thought for Big Lou.
Crumps....you're such an optimist regarding Saha......I know you're a fan. Sadly, I don't think he can be arsed any more. He might be 'not injured' but when was the last time he was actually fit? He's been overweight and immobile this season and he knows he aint wanted.

I can't share your optimism I'm afraid.

Unread 16-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Crumps....you're such an optimist regarding Saha......I know you're a fan. Sadly, I don't think he can be arsed any more. He might be 'not injured' but when was the last time he was actually fit? He's been overweight and immobile this season and he knows he aint wanted.

I can't share your optimism I'm afraid.
I become less optimistic each day tbh.

Don't think it's as simple as 'not being arsed' as in not caring but his confidence in his own ability to stay fit is absoloutley shot.

Think his size early in the season was down to too much time the weightroom tbh and the extra weight/bulk simply slowed him down.

Unread 16-02-2008, 12:38 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
I become less optimistic each day tbh.

Don't think it's as simple as 'not being arsed' as in not caring but his confidence in his own ability to stay fit is absoloutley shot.

Think his size early in the season was down to too much time the weightroom tbh and the extra weight/bulk simply slowed him down.
I'll be honest, I've never been that much of a fan. But £#%&! we could do with an in form Saha.

I can understand why he might not fancy the job anymore.....his confidence has been undermined by Fergie, the fans, and his injuries. Everyone should take a bit of a responsibility....the Ruud Ruud Ruud thing whenever he missed was embarassing (and trust me, I'm a massive Ruud fan). If he was stronger in the mind, it wouldn't matter so much, but he is weak, and that is what has held him up from being world class.

We're in a no win situation now though.

Unread 16-02-2008, 12:41 AM
armchair

come on louis show us up as a load of know nothing @#%&!s

make us eat your goals!

Unread 16-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
He's been overweight

Absolute garbage.

Unread 16-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
the Ruud Ruud Ruud thing whenever [Saha] missed was embarassing (and trust me, I'm a massive Ruud fan).
It was worse than embarrassing.

Unread 16-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Tiberian

The Ruud chanting was a disgrace really, especially given the fact that in 2006 Saha was as good as any striker in England. We have missed him, just look at the difference a targetman has made to Arsenal, easy outball, not having to play every ball to feet.

At goal kicks VDS has been aiming for the wingers all season.

Sadly Saha has looked like a shadow of the 2006 player this year.

Unread 16-02-2008, 04:08 PM
legendary saf

Personally lost all faith in Saha.

I'll give him 2 or 3 games max before he rejoins his mates Silvestre, Neville and Foster at the treatment table.

Unread 17-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Tiberian

Looked good yesterday when he came on. Pity he did not put that chance away, could do with a bit of confidence.

If he stays fit he has an important role to play in the run in, especially in the away games, bar 2 very important goals Tevez has not really played at all well away from home.

Unread 17-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Serenity Now

Looked much sharper yesterday than he has done of late. Fingers crossed that he'll be capable of performing as an impact player during the run-in at the very least. Would be a big boost if he is.

Unread 17-02-2008, 02:03 PM
1MUFC

We cant fall back on saha in any shape or form, we cant count on him playing half as many games as anyone else in the squad, we cant count on him to hit top form, we cant count on him to challenge tevez for a place in the side, we cant count on him to be available when we need a different option. His place in the squad is pointless.

I’d have Ruud back over this @#%&! every day of the week.

Unread 17-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Looked much sharper yesterday than he has done of late. Fingers crossed that he'll be capable of performing as an impact player during the run-in at the very least. Would be a big boost if he is.
Yep, looked much better, some positive signs there.

Unread 17-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Coracao

If we can find a club stupid enough to take him, he will be gone in the summer.

With Fergie going on about a striker, applying for a permit for Manucho and Welbeck emerging, Saha will become disposable.

I'd love to know how much he has earnt in wages per game. Patience has finally ran out for him. I hope he scores a one on one before his time comes to a close.

Unread 17-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Stretters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
If we can find a club stupid enough to take him, he will be gone in the summer.

With Fergie going on about a striker, applying for a permit for Manucho and Welbeck emerging, Saha will become disposable.

I'd love to know how much he has earnt in wages per game. Patience has finally ran out for him. I hope he scores a one on one before his time comes to a close.
probably the same as Ole when he was out injured

Unread 17-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretters
probably the same as Ole when he was out injured
Solskjaer did play 366 games for United though.

Saha wouldn't reach that figure if he stayed at the club until he was 65

Unread 17-02-2008, 02:46 PM
1MUFC

If you compare Solskjaer to saha you are a gimp

Unread 17-02-2008, 03:59 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Solskjaer did play 366 games for United though.

Saha wouldn't reach that figure if he stayed at the club until he was 65
he already looks 65 though and his body behaves like a 65 years old one.

Unread 17-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Ed Sullivan

I still have faith in him.

MOTWYW
Closed Thread