United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Why?

Only Argentina and Brazil compares to them in my view.

Please tell me how those other nations are better than Portugal.

Or is it just a personal problem you have, after your country has been Portugal's property in the last 2 big tournaments and now you might not even be at Euro 08 to get owned again by the best national team in Europe.

I don't care about England you little ferret. Why do you care so much about a nation who has no £#%&!ing relevance to Manchester United.

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:41 AM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo (no capital at the start)
Greece?
Didn't deserve to win it.

Quote:
They haven't won either though have they And remember they cheated their way past England, and I'm saying that from a neutral perspective.
Cheated?

And you're right, they haven't won either but they've shown great signs while carrying some passengers, they've had some promising players make the step up in the last 2 years and I won't be too surprised if we see them go all the
way this time.

I don't see too many teams as strong as them either, Spain, very talented but have a #@&%! of a coach. France could be a danger though.

Quote:
They're also 8th in the fifa world rankings. And every nation I mentioned have got players who match Deco and Carvalho. Easily. Ronaldo is the only exception. Let's not forget their awesome strikeforce.
I don't see any players who can match Deco in his position bar Scholes and Ricardo Carvalho is the strongest defender at Chelsea and top 5 in the world.

Their only weakness is their strikers, Pauleta's retired...Hugo Almeida is too hit and miss while Nuno Gomes is an awful footballer. Moving Ronaldo to the centre could be a option though. Definetly worth trying anyway.

They're a top class striker away from certainties to win the thing imo.

PS. Fifa rankings are a joke.

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:43 AM
Ed Sullivan

Rooney didn't pick one portugese in his 5.

Your reason?

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:46 AM
legendary saf

Quote:
Rooney didn't pick one portugese in his 5.

Your reason?
Rooney is clueless.

Should stick to visiting Art Museums.

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Rooney is clueless.

Should stick to visiting Art Museums.
Rooney has one of the best football brains in europe.

He still picks no portugese. I think I trust his opinion.

I hope they crash out and give Ronnie a rest next summer.

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:55 AM
legendary saf

Quote:
Rooney has one of the best football brains in europe.

He still picks no portugese. I think I trust his opinion.

I hope they crash out and give Ronnie a rest next summer.
It'll be the other way round.

Rooney will be watching in teh pub while Ronnie and co will be lighting up Austria and Switzerland.

Unread 16-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
It'll be the other way round.

Rooney will be watching in teh pub while Ronnie and co will be lighting up Austria and Switzerland.
He's not wrong.

Portugal>England.
Closed Thread