United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-01-2023, 06:05 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Ffs will be wasted there.

Probably could have got him if we'd handled our Summer transfers better.
Better he goes there than Arsenal then. They’re not qualifying for CL and I think they’re out of the cups. They must have half a dozen who play in his position but he no doubt went there because he “liked the project”.

Sounds like he can play a bit but is he what we need? Another no10?

Fancy Fulham to beat them in their derby and then they’ve got the dippers, who’ll be given 5 penalties.

Unread 09-01-2023, 06:06 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
‘Project appealed’.

Yes, I’m sure the prospect of foundering around 7th place and restoring one of the country’s most beloved clubs was a huge appeal to him.
Something fishy about this deal nq

Unread 09-01-2023, 06:14 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Better he goes there than Arsenal then. They’re not qualifying for CL and I think they’re out of the cups. They must have half a dozen who play in his position but he no doubt went there because he “liked the project”.

Fancy Fulham to beat them in their derby and then they’ve got the dippers, who’ll be given 5 penalties.
I thought similar, but give me a lot of quality players rather than shite - if we had him he'd put pressure on Bruno to play at his peak as well as other forwards. His best position (imo) is as a 10, Kaka like, carrying the ball & playing others in - he's an elegant footballer but I don't think he's likely to turn up and ruffle PL feathers as a striker. As such, will he do shit for Chelsea?

Unread 09-01-2023, 06:19 PM
Sparky***

£10m quid loan fee and agreement to pay his £8 million wages on top of that.

So yeah, that's why he's off to chelsea, because United and arsenal aren't daft enough to fork out 18 million on a £#%&!ing 5 month loan.

Unread 09-01-2023, 06:56 PM
redhegemony

disruptive for the dressing room when he comes in on those wages...

Unread 09-01-2023, 07:00 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Another calculated move from Chelsea’s astute owners.

Unread 09-01-2023, 07:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

So yeah, that's why he's off to chelsea, because United and arsenal aren't daft enough to fork out 18 million on a £#%&!ing 5 month loan.
No mate. It’s the appealing project.

Unread 09-01-2023, 07:15 PM
jem

player who is not a centre forward goes to club without a centre forward. well, ok then.

Unread 09-01-2023, 07:30 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
player who is not a centre forward goes to club without a centre forward. well, ok then.
and plays around 20 odd games at 900k per game..

not even going to enjoy the magic of the FA Cup (unless he watches it on TV)

Unread 09-01-2023, 08:00 PM
puressence

Quote:

So yeah, that's why he's off to chelsea, because United and arsenal aren't daft enough to fork out 18 million on a f***ing 5 month loan.
All of this.

Unread 09-01-2023, 10:11 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

Really he's a second striker which is the same position as Havertz, but I think it's fair to say that many Chelsea fans seem to have soured on Havertz.

Scored the winning goal in a Champions League final, but in the main he's been a terrible buy.

As I say Felix will be wasted at Chelsea who look really down on confidence, and the manager looks like a deer in the headlights at the moment.

Quote:

So yeah, that's why he's off to chelsea, because United and arsenal aren't daft enough to fork out 18 million on a f***ing 5 month loan.
United arent doing it because the money isn't there, but definitely seems ten Hag wanted him. Arsenal appear to be focused on Mudryk.

Unread 09-01-2023, 10:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Really he's a second striker which is the same position as Havertz, but I think it's fair to say that many Chelsea fans seem to have soured on Havertz.

Scored the winning goal in a Champions League final, but in the main he's been a terrible buy.

As I say Felix will be wasted at Chelsea who look really down on confidence, and the manager looks like a deer in the headlights at the moment.

£11m from the reports I've seen. United arent doing it because the money isn't there, but definitely seems ten Hag wanted him. Arsenal appear to be focused on Mudryk.
even if the money was there we shouldn't be £#%&!ing bothering. 18 million quid for a 5 month loan ffs. Lunacy

Unread 09-01-2023, 10:14 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
even if the money was there we shouldn't be £#%&!ing bothering. 18 million quid for a 5 month loan ffs. Lunacy
exactly - just crazy and the pressure it puts the player under.

Unread 09-01-2023, 10:25 PM
ZiggyStardust

He’s a really talented player but he’s hasn’t proven himself yet at any stage in his career and he’s another one of those players who doesn’t have a clear position in a team

He might turn into a great signing but he’s not what we need which is an actual centre forward

Unread 09-01-2023, 10:31 PM
windy waffles

Great signing for Chelsea tbf. Their midfield is absolute woeful.

Unread 10-01-2023, 01:58 AM
westcoastvan

I knew the chances of signing Joao Felix were next to none when the club failed to sign Cody Gakpo.

It had all the feeling of Ighalo part 2 written all over it, though I think Weghorst will be slightly better.

Not surprisingly the news headlines are stating Manchester United will sign Harry Kane in the summer, ya right, piss off Glazers.

Congrats to Chelsea.

Unread 10-01-2023, 02:55 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Another samey player for Chelsea, file under Sterling, Pulisic and Havertz. all lightweight and won't make the slightest difference to them finishing mid-table.
I'm thinking this. Watched highlights of the game vs Barca and he was completely anonymous.

Chelsea are plain weird at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Great signing for Chelsea tbf. Their midfield is absolute woeful.
Shame he's not a midfielder

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:27 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

No more Woodward.

Finally wising up.

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:27 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I'm thinking this. Watched highlights of the game vs Barca and he was completely anonymous.

Chelsea are plain weird at the moment.

Shame he's not a midfielder
He's not a striker so I class him as a midfielder...

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:30 AM
Joe Biden

Just extended his atletico contract, simeone rumoured to be leaving in the summer. Chelsea have had their pants pulled down here.
Closed Thread