United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
my views are pretty much the same as the majority on here.

But people saying hes shit etc...hang on a minute!

Fair point he isnt the greatest team player but you'd have to think IF he stayed fit for 3/4's of the season he'd bang near 30 goals for us in all comps....

Obviously you dont want him near the club and any alternative seems better but surely if the unthinkable happened you'd have to think hed be a goalscoring success...no?

I re-iterate, I dont want him here either.
We've already got a player who could bang in 30 a season IF fit. We need a player who does it, not a player who comes with if's and but's

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:28 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
I think we'll just have to disagree, I've seen Eto'o play many times on tv and even once in person. He is very very good and in my mind is probably the next best. But Drogba has been so good for Chelsea and he has done it as a sole attacking entity. Eto'o plays alongside Iniesta, Deco and Ronaldinho.
i think they're both in teams that suit them. barca need someone with eto'o's movement and pace - drogba would look horribly out of place there. chelsea need someone with drogba's qualities, and eto'o would probably end up like shevchenko.

anyway, agree about the rb. i'd like to see what simpson can offer, tbh.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Drogba is bigger, stronger has a better shot, has a better touch, can pull of the odd trick and is awesome in the air. The only thing Eto'o can do better is run. Drogba is easily the best striker in the world at the moment. Eto'o is very very good but not the same level as Drogba.
He's much better in the air, I'll give you that, and he's also defensively a much bigger asset, but better touch? Drogba's first touch is far from world class, often quite the opposite, and his dribbling skills aren't great. He's also not nearly as intelligent a player as Eto'o, and for me he's not as composed a finisher either.

I think Droba suits Chelsea's style of play down to a tee, and he's undoubtedly a fine striker, but he's essentially a blunt instrument. Eto'o has more finesse about him.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i think they're both in teams that suit them. barca need someone with eto'o's movement and pace - drogba would look horribly out of place there. chelsea need someone with drogba's qualities, and eto'o would probably end up like shevchenko.

anyway, agree about the rb. i'd like to see what simpson can offer, tbh.
He looks promising but I'm not sure he'd do to well being chucked in at the deep end. Neville was still on crutches at the cup final so heaven knows what next season holds for him. Whoever has the position of back up RB will get many games next season, it's probably come too soon for Simpson.

Unless Fergie pulls another Evra out of his arse we could see all our attacking play down just one wing next year. Would make us a bit predictable to say the least.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
He's much better in the air, I'll give you that, and he's also defensively a much bigger asset, but better touch? Drogba's first touch is far from world class, often quite the opposite, and his dribbling skills aren't great. He's also not nearly as intelligent a player as Eto'o, and for me he's not as composed a finisher either.

I think Droba suits Chelsea's style of play down to a tee, and he's undoubtedly a fine striker, but he's essentially a blunt instrument. Eto'o has more finesse about him.
Eto'o couldn't bang in 30 goals a season for any team in this league, not even us. Stick Drogba in any decent team in any country and he will be the top scorer in that league.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Mark Corrigan

We Want Our Rossi Back
We Want Our Rossi Back
We Want Our Rossi Back
We Want Our Rossi Back

Unread 03-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
my views are pretty much the same as the majority on here.

But people saying hes shit etc...hang on a minute!

Fair point he isnt the greatest team player but you'd have to think IF he stayed fit for 3/4's of the season he'd bang near 30 goals for us in all comps....
That's probably all we'd score too bearing in mind the energy Rooney, Ronaldo, etc. would have to devote to creating chances for him.

Unread 03-06-2007, 05:16 PM
armchair

jesus shut up about Eto'o - he's 30million we've no chance

Unread 03-06-2007, 05:25 PM
MJ Ramone

I still think Torres should be our priority signing. He'd be a great player for United, would be dissapointing to see him end up in a dippers or Arsenal shirt.

However, I think we're more likely to go for a cheaper option (if we're going to buy again at all this summer)....& therefore Anelka is a decent shout.
I don't like the lad if I'm honest, but then having played for Arsenal, Liverpool & City it's easy to have a bad impression of him let's be honest.
He is a quality striker. Great pace & movement...finishes very well.
He is a sulky @#%&! though.
I wouldn't be unhappy about him signing let's put it that way.

Unread 03-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Sparky***

Anelka can £#%&! off. Has he hever spent more than 2 years at anywhere?

He's had more £#%&!ing clubs than tiger woods.

Unread 03-06-2007, 05:28 PM
magic_cantona

I can see Anelka happening.

Whether or not it works out or if he'll fit in at United, is another story.

Unread 03-06-2007, 06:27 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog The Bounty Hunter

Borsuk is always right

If he say's Eto'o plays for the Ivory Coast, then he does, end of

Unread 03-06-2007, 06:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Anelka's recent comments on the speculation suggest he is finally showing signs of maturity. He basically said he'd struggle to turn us down, but is happy at Bolton and will wait to find out what they want to do before going any further. Very professional. The Anelka of a couple of years back would have gone AWOL, handed in a transfer request and slagged Bolton off in the press to try to force a move.

The talent is undeniable, and from what is being reported, the fee is reasonable. Obviously I'd prefer an Eto'o or Torres, but Anelka would be a good addition, imo

Unread 03-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Mark Corrigan

Rossi> Anelka

Unread 03-06-2007, 06:45 PM
violater

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Anelka's recent comments on the speculation suggest he is finally showing signs of maturity. He basically said he'd struggle to turn us down, but is happy at Bolton and will wait to find out what they want to do before going any further. Very professional. The Anelka of a couple of years back would have gone AWOL, handed in a transfer request and slagged Bolton off in the press to try to force a move.
The talent is undeniable, and from what is being reported, the fee is reasonable. Obviously I'd prefer an Eto'o or Torres, but Anelka would be a good addition, imo
that s spot on mate

makes me laugh though

i think that as we have signed 2 X rooney/ronaldo's it would be reasonable to assume we sign a cheaper option upfront...

signing anderson , nani , hargreaves and then a torres/eto'o is even a big ask for chelsea let alone us...

the thing with anelka is we are getting a player i would say on a good day is easily as good as henry and is reliable fitness wise...

id love for him to join tbh.

Unread 03-06-2007, 06:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
that s spot on mate

makes me laugh though

i think that as we have signed 2 X rooney/ronaldo's it would be reasonable to assume we sign a cheaper option upfront...

signing anderson , nani , hargreaves and then a torres/eto'o is even a big ask for chelsea let alone us...

the thing with anelka is we are getting a player i would say on a good day is easily as good as henry and is reliable fitness wise...

id love for him to join tbh.
Good age, too. He turned 28 in March so very much in his prime.

I still think it's a backup option, though. I reckon Fergie is waiting for the Spanish season to finish before making his move for his first choice striker.

Unread 03-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Alan

Quote:
Drogba is bigger, stronger has a better shot, has a better touch, can pull of the odd trick and is awesome in the air. The only thing Eto'o can do better is run. Drogba is easily the best striker in the world at the moment. Eto'o is very very good but not the same level as Drogba.

If Drogba didn't cheat so much he would be the perfect striker.
WUM.

Unread 03-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
Rossi> Anelka
I wish people would stop pretending Rossi is a center forward. I don't care how you look at an alternative formation, you always need a center forward.

Unread 03-06-2007, 07:39 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Eto'o couldn't bang in 30 goals a season for any team in this league, not even us. Stick Drogba in any decent team in any country and he will be the top scorer in that league.
Drogba has had one amazing season. Before that he was basically dog shit. But suddenly he's the best striker in the world and better than Eto'o? %@#$&!s.

Unread 03-06-2007, 07:46 PM
armchair

for france
[dm]1om6LvJKZr2hBfcqm[/dm]

watch this second goal from the right for bolton (the first ron's ok too.)
[dm]26jBlCLKErfq26953[/dm]

I demand we sign him, Sir Alex!
Closed Thread