United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-08-2021, 05:29 PM
red in cumbria

Tbf part of it with Liverpool is Klopp's past, like Mou Mou he doesn't seem to be a natural "long term" manager.

Unread 22-08-2021, 05:30 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
We’re coming up to a decade tbf…
Yeah but we’re not irrelevant

We look an exciting side that might be going places

Arsenal just look to be getting worse by the season
An absolute “hello darkness my old friend” of a club

Unread 22-08-2021, 05:35 PM
Vedder

Size on lukaku now, actually looks like an athlete. He looked like a £#%&!ing sumo wrestler at United

Unread 22-08-2021, 05:35 PM
Dr Stranger

How did we agree a deal with Madrid before Chelsea had done for Lukaku, but here we are with Lukaku starting and scoring and Varane hasn’t even played.

Unread 22-08-2021, 05:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
How did we agree a deal with Madrid before Chelsea had done for Lukaku, but here we are with Lukaku starting and scoring and Varane hasn’t even played.
Because even though we "agreed" a deal, it took a seeming £#%&!ing eternity to complete.

But you already knew this.

Unread 22-08-2021, 05:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Because even though we "agreed" a deal, it took a seeming £#%&!ing eternity to complete.

But you already knew this.
(Answer: Manchester United)

Even when we get our business done early, we don’t

Unread 22-08-2021, 06:08 PM
red in cumbria

Could easily have been 3 there.

Unread 22-08-2021, 06:10 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Quarantine rules changed ,don’t think lukaku had to quarantine , varane did. Probably lacked a week off training.

Unread 22-08-2021, 06:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Quarantine rules changed ,don’t think lukaku had to quarantine , varane did. Probably lacked a week off training.
I know. I’m just sulking.

Chelsea doing to an inferior team exactly what we should have done.

Scored when on top, stayed in control and saw it out with minimal fuss.

Early signs of their credentials and worrying signs about ours.

Unread 22-08-2021, 06:22 PM
Neo

The only two sides that are winning the League this season are City or Chelsea, as they’re the only two sides that have owners that view 2nd place as a failure.

Contrastingly, the likes of United, Liverpool, Spurs and Leicester have owners that target top 4. That mentality trickles down throughout each club.

We will not win a title with the Glazers in charge.

Unread 22-08-2021, 06:30 PM
MUFC One Love

Mad how when United get business done "early" they aren't going to be starting until late August at best.

They club need to stop being so arrogant. You can't afford to just coast August anymore.

Unread 22-08-2021, 06:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The only two sides that are winning the League this season are City or Chelsea, as they’re the only two sides that have owners that view 2nd place as a failure.

Contrastingly, the likes of United, Liverpool, Spurs and Leicester have owners that target top 4. That mentality trickles down throughout each club.

We will not win a title with the Glazers in charge.
Chelsea are a trophy winning machine over the last 15 years, they very rarely go a couple of years without winning anything. Us on the other hand, looking at our 5th year without a trophy if we don't win one this year.

Lots of ups and downs to come and with covid to factor in as well... but Chelsea look to have the attitude and game management of title contenders. Still won't finish above City though.

Unread 22-08-2021, 06:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Mad how when United get business done "early" they aren't going to be starting until late August at best.

They club need to stop being so arrogant. You can't afford to just coast August anymore.
Ole even said recently “the season starts properly after the international break”

No. Not if you’re serious about winning this league, it doesn’t. There was no excuse to not win today. The starting line up and the bench options were good enough. I’d have been happy with 7 points from 9 from the first three and we’ve got a job on our hands to do that now.

Something to give with Liverpool v Chelsea, but we can’t afford to be 4 or 5 points adrift at the first hurdle.

Tuchel speaks well.

Unread 22-08-2021, 06:38 PM
red in cumbria

There's been a few "let things sink in" already today, so how about this one - Southampton played better than Arsenal.

Unread 22-08-2021, 06:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Ole even said recently “the season starts properly after the international break”

No. Not if you’re serious about winning this league, it doesn’t. There was no excuse to not win today. The starting line up and the bench options were good enough. I’d have been happy with 7 points from 9 from the first three and we’ve got a job on our hands to do that now.

Something to give with Liverpool v Chelsea, but we can’t afford to be 4 or 5 points adrift at the first hurdle.

Tuchel speaks well.
one thing has become clear over the last few years in this league is that at some stage you need to go on a 10-15 game winning streak to finish top. City will, i'm sure chelsea can manage it, Liverpool have shown they can do it over several season.

I'll be shocked if United manage more than 5-6 league wins on the trot all season. They just can't be trusted to string any consistent level of performance together.

Unread 22-08-2021, 06:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
There's been a few "let things sink in" already today, so how about this one - Southampton played better than Arsenal.
Chelsea played better too.

I’d wager if we’d played arsenal and Chelsea played Southampton, Southampton wouldn’t have played better than Arsenal.

We make teams look better than they are.

The other top three would have beaten Southampton comfortably today.

Unread 22-08-2021, 06:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Chelsea played better too.

I’d wager if we’d played arsenal and Chelsea played Southampton, Southampton wouldn’t have played better than Arsenal.

We make teams look better than they are.

The other top three would have beaten Southampton comfortably today.
Yeah, yeah.......but I genuinely think you are understating just how crap Arsenal are in all that. They made Chelsea look good (and yes, they do look pretty good) just as we did with Soton.

Let's put it this way - that team against Arsenal today, and I still think we beat them.

Unread 22-08-2021, 06:43 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
one thing has become clear over the last few years in this league is that at some stage you need to go on a 10-15 game winning streak of to finish top. City will, i'm sure chelsea can manage it, Liverpool have shown they can do it over several season.

I'll be shocked if United manage more than 5-6 league wins on the trot all season. They just can't be trusted to string any consistent level of performance together.
We had a very consistent run of results last season. I think we won something like 9 and two draws in 11, then another run of 6 wins in a row…. But the performances were not always there.

That away record is, quite frankly, a freakish fluke. And we won’t get away with it again this season.

The bottom is what you’ve said there - you just don’t trust this team. There’s a lot to like about them, but I never go into any game fully comfortable.

Quote:
Yeah, yeah.......but I genuinely think you are understating just how crap Arsenal are in all that. They made Chelsea look good (and yes, they do look pretty good) just as we did with Soton.

Let's put it this way - that team against Arsenal today, and I still think we beat them.
Oh they were shit, don’t get me wrong, but Southampton looking better had more to do with us allowing them to look better.

Average to shit teams in this league can all cause problems if they get a bit of confidence, the crowd behind them and bit of momentum. And we keep allowing teams to gain all that with our sloppiness.

We made Southampton look good. Southampton. And we’re
Manchester United. Making Chelsea look good isn’t anywhere near as difficult. In your scenario, we’re Chelsea to Southampton’s Arsenal.

I think we maybe beat Arsenal because we’d probably have our big game heads on, but the performance we turned out against Southampton today wouldn’t have been enough to beat Arsenal.

Unread 22-08-2021, 08:05 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

You’d think the last few seasons of proper football (no covid restrictions) with more than one team getting 100+ points multiple times would make that point pretty good obvious..

But nope, Ole still thinks the season doesn’t start until after the 1st international break…. And then the 2nd…. 3rd etc

His negativity is pissing me off especially with the europa final shambles still fresh in the memory.

Unread 22-08-2021, 08:34 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
one thing has become clear over the last few years in this league is that at some stage you need to go on a 10-15 game winning streak to finish top. City will, i'm sure chelsea can manage it, Liverpool have shown they can do it over several season.

You have to control games to win them on a consistent basis like that. As well as finish gilt edged chances. We can't do either consistently.

Tammy Abraham with 2 assists and has hit the bar on his debut.

It's almost like you don't need to train with your new team mates for a few weeks before starting a game
Closed Thread