United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2021, 02:55 PM
Lok

He is fast and can finish. Should be a decent impact sub but seems like his confidence is shot.

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:03 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Exactly, it's ok saying he has to stay with the wide man, but if there is clear obvious danger in front of him he has no choice. The problem is that we always seem to be outnumbered on crosses.
he is constantly drawn into the middle and unaware of what is behind him. it doesn't help that linde and maguire are both too quick to step up, but it's funny that it never happens to shaw. and it's not because shaw never covers the middle. whatever the reason, it is poor defensive coaching and it happens too often to be ignored.

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:04 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
He is fast and can finish. Should be a decent impact sub but seems like his confidence is shot.
Thats about it, his confidence is fragile because he is so far out of his depth, should be playing in the lower leagues, never mind man utd.

Mctom will be a great centre half one of the days when someone tells him that's it for you. Him in a three will be a great strength if we ever set up with a decent midfield and send fred to the stands.

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:07 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Maradonney coming into his own, presume he was taken off because he's starting next week, bossed the first half, great to see.
Was surprised how good he looked in that deeper role. Albeit against Everton in a friendly. He’s definitely starting though.

Thought Greenwood would have been rested though. Maybe wanted to give him a full 90 before Leeds?

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:26 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Was surprised how good he looked in that deeper role. Albeit against Everton in a friendly. He’s definitely starting though.

Thought Greenwood would have been rested though. Maybe wanted to give him a full 90 before Leeds?
Always available, knows his next pass, splits the press with ease, calm, confident, classic dutch player. He's gonna be big here.

Greenwood on his way to the top wants to play every minute can see the cavani effect on him in the economy of his movement, 20+ this season with ease.

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:30 PM
Red_Rizla

I thought the starting XI did well today, playing with attacking intent and scoring two excellent goals plus a gift. The fact that we will also have Sancho, Rashford, Cavani, Varane, Fred, McT, Pogba, Henderson, Lingard, Mata, Telles, Dalot, Bailly, plus some very exciting youth players is encouraging as far as depth/alternatives are concerned.

I expect a couple of those to (hopefully) depart and would like to see us sign a RB and CM who could immediately have an impact, as opposed to ‘prospects.’ Some of the squad already have loans agreed, but I’d like us to keep hold of Garner. Jones can be Fred the Red.

A good result and performance today, and I am optimistic.

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Always available, knows his next pass, splits the press with ease, calm, confident, classic dutch player. He's gonna be big here.

Greenwood on his way to the top wants to play every minute can see the cavani effect on him in the economy of his movement, 20+ this season with ease.
Good instincts to follow up the Pickford £#%&! up. Always assume a mistake and all that. Martial would have been five yards back.

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:42 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rizla
I thought the starting XI did well today, playing with attacking intent and scoring two excellent goals plus a gift. The fact that we will also have Sancho, Rashford, Cavani, Varane, Fred, McT, Pogba, Henderson, Lingard, Mata, Telles, Dalot, Bailly, plus some very exciting youth players is encouraging as far as depth/alternatives are concerned.

I expect a couple of those to (hopefully) depart and would like to see us sign a RB and CM who could immediately have an impact, as opposed to ‘prospects.’ Some of the squad already have loans agreed, but I’d like us to keep hold of Garner. Jones can be Fred the Red.

A good result and performance today, and I am optimistic.
As long as we play, or try to, good football and everyone wants the shirt and give it their all I'm happy. Lining up with two dm's (one of which is just shit) against the likes of Burnley is just sad. Ole is getting better and once he cleanses the squad we'll be up there I reckon.

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Good instincts to follow up the Pickford £#%&! up. Always assume a mistake and all that. Martial would have been five yards back.
What like when Martial was 5 yards back when it bounced off Pickford from Bruno’s shot 5 minutes later?

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:49 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Yeah, there was little made of that goal but his anticipation and awareness shows what a player he's becoming. Some of his movement at the far post when we were on the ball, he just keeps finding the space.

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What like when Martial was 5 yards back when it bounced off Pickford from Bruno’s shot 5 minutes later?
Following up a shot. Different situation.

You LOVE martial. You want to kiss him and everything.

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Following up a shot. Different situation.

You LOVE martial. You want to kiss him and everything.
No, just dislike stupid statements that’s all

I do hope Martial has a great season, is that ok?

Greenwood is phenomenal

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:53 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
but it's funny that it never happens to shaw. and it's not because shaw never covers the middle.
I don't think it's a unrelated to the fact Shaw plays next to Maguire and AWB doesn't

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Greenwood is phenomenal
It wasn’t stupid. Your comparison was closer to stupid because the two scenarios were different.

I hope all United players have a good season. Even the ones you massively fancy.

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
It wasn’t stupid. Your comparison was closer to stupid because the two scenarios were different.

I hope all United players have a good season. Even the ones you massively fancy.
Now it wasn’t, you said he wouldn’t have the instinct to expect a mistake from the keeper and only 5 minutes later that’s exactly what he did

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Were going to win the lot aren't we ? Everton pummelled by our third string...

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:00 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

Greenwood is phenomenal
Lets try and avoid the arguments for arguments sake can we? Martial has everything IF he gets it out the bag, which I'm sure everyone hopes he finally does. I'm hoping given the team around him he fires this season.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:01 PM
dunk

Tbf, the factor you are missing in your ‘scenarios’ is that it’s Jordan Pickford

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Were going to win the lot aren't we ? Everton pummelled by our third string...
Oh 100%.

Shout It…

Quote:
Tbf, the factor you are missing in your ‘scenarios’ is that it’s Jordan Pickford
A very good point indeed 👍

It’s getting to the point that I feel sorry for the guy. He’s done very well for someone with so little ability. Everything looks so difficult for him. Things just fly past the poor little bugger.

The Maguire and Bruno goals weren’t even in the top corner and he’s scrambling across line crazy

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:24 PM
armchair

Closed Thread