United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2021, 07:48 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think there's going to be more problems like this moving forward as the people who've tried to create this narrative of some kind of "universal black experience" realise that not all black people think racism should be dealt with in the same way.

And the sad fact is that any black player or person who dares to stray from this idea or step outside the accepted narrative will probably be chastised as some sort of heretic.
Careful, Patty won't like this...

Unread 19-02-2021, 08:28 PM
Carlton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Yes

And people wonder why players are still taking the knee...
Typical snide insinuation that windy only objects because he’s a racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
You're missing the point.
Deliberately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Alternatively, Raymond having to watch his team take the knee might just give him the big ole brain aneurysm that'll rid the world of one more mouth breathing knuckle dragger.
Or maybe isn’t really a racist but is branded one by the usual suspects for having differing views on the value of mass immigration. We’ve seen on this thread how easily a simple disagreement gets the smear treatment.

Unread 19-02-2021, 08:40 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
just because someone thinks taking the knee is, at best, completely meaningless and, at worst, a counterproductive distraction, doesn't mean he thinks everyone should down tools and just accept that minorities are going to get racially abused no matter what.
Not sure about that. If people kneeling for 5 seconds before a game of football is too much, then I'm not sure what could be done to get a message across that won't offend their sensitive souls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
ronald has probably noticed that all of his heroes are black.
Why would they all be black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton
Typical snide insinuation that windy only objects because he’s a racist.
It wasn't, but wouldn't expect you to be able to realise that.

Unread 19-02-2021, 08:44 PM
Carlton

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Think most kids just wanna watch the footie and more than likely play with plenty of black lads.

Unread 19-02-2021, 08:47 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Think most kids just wanna watch the footie and more than likely play with plenty of black lads.
That doesn't really address the point I was making about spending 5 seconds before a game of football to highlight the fight against racism (which has been an issue for our players over the past couple of weeks), and how the message probably isn't directed at some old racist gimp, but younger generations.

Unread 19-02-2021, 08:50 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
That doesn't really address the point I was making about spending 5 seconds before a game of football to highlight the fight against racism (which has been an issue for our players over the past couple of weeks), and how the message probably isn't directed at some old racist gimp, but younger generations.
Ah I see. Well I don’t think it has had any impact on the younger generations. Even when I was growing up 15/20 years ago the playgrounds were multicultural, can’t imagine its regressed since then. Again, if you’re racist, regardless of what age you are, taking a knee before football matches is going to do zilch to change your way of thinking.

Quote:

Unread 19-02-2021, 08:54 PM
jem

Quote:
Why would they all be black
he's a football supporter.

he's young.

he probably favours trans extremism as well and doesn't help with the washing up.

Unread 19-02-2021, 09:06 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Ah I see. Well I don’t think it has had any impact on the younger generations.

Quote:
Even when I was growing up 15/20 years ago the playgrounds were multicultural, can’t imagine its regressed since then.
That's really cool. Although I've no idea what that has to do with players taking a stand against racism and racist abuse which is still extremely prevalent. Especially via social media, which I would think is more widespread in it's use now than it was when you were in playground 15/20 years ago.

Quote:
Again, if you’re racist, regardless of what age you are, taking a knee before football matches is going to do zilch to change your way of thinking.
First of all, you don't know that, you just think that. And that's a shame.

Secondly, no-one is born a racist, it's a learned trait. So if the message can get through to someone before it's maybe too late and they become (apparently) a lifelong racist, then is that not a good thing?

Thirdly, if people kneeling for 5 seconds before a football game is too much for people to take, then what can be done to get the message across that won't result in men getting angry and annoyed. 5 seconds of kneeling seems to be too much for people that want it to go away ffs. Or should we just give up for time being until something racist happens again during a game of football in the future, and there's a mass outrage that nothing is being done about it, conveniently forgetting that a few months ago grown men were getting annoyed at people kneeling for 5 seconds before kick off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's a football supporter.

he's young.

he probably favours trans extremism as well and doesn't help with the washing up.
Still no idea what you're one about to be honest mate. There are white players that play football as well, and they are also kneeling in support of the fight against racism.

Unread 19-02-2021, 09:12 PM
red in cumbria

Ngl, am surprised that they are still doing it.

Still think that the people performatively making a fuss about it are worse, though.

Unread 19-02-2021, 09:16 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

That's really cool. Although I've no idea what that has to do with players taking a stand against racism and racist abuse which is still extremely prevalent. Especially via social media, which I would think is more widespread in it's use now than it was when you were in playground 15/20 years ago.

First of all, you don't know that, you just think that. And that's a shame.

Secondly, no-one is born a racist, it's a learned trait. So if the message can get through to someone before it's maybe too late and they become (apparently) a lifelong racist, then is that not a good thing?

Thirdly, if people kneeling for 5 seconds before a football game is too much for people to take, then what can be done to get the message across that won't result in men getting angry and annoyed. 5 seconds of kneeling seems to be too much for people that want it to go away ffs. Or should we just give up for time being until something racist happens again during a game of football in the future, and there's a mass outrage that nothing is being done about it, conveniently forgetting that a few months ago grown men were getting annoyed at people kneeling for 5 seconds before kick off.

Still no idea what you're one about to be honest mate. There are white players that play football as well, and they are also kneeling in support of the fight against racism.
No one is really annoyed or angry? Maybe waffles but even then I don’t see him foaming at the mouth. What was wrong with the ‘say no to racism’ campaign?

Unread 19-02-2021, 09:20 PM
Cream

Quote:
Leave it up to the players as a group to decide the best way forward. Although considering a few of our own young black players have received rank racist abuse over the past couple of week, it may not hurt to carry it on a while longer.

Also don't get why it winds people up so much? I think it's equally funny and sad that it does though. It's literally 5 seconds before a game to highlight the fight against racism. You'd have to have the thinnest of thin skins for that to wind you up ffs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
The fact it triggers the £#%&! out of some people is enough of a reason to keep doing it.
Well I for one think that taking the knee and subscribing to a BLM style narrative simply isolates black players. Makes them targets rather than equals.

I don't think they should feel duty bound to continue just to placate two white guys on a United forum!

Unread 19-02-2021, 09:20 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Ngl, am surprised that they are still doing it.

Still think that the people performatively making a fuss about it are worse, though.
I'd imagine people who have doubts about it perhaps have reservations about its effectiveness, or suspect it will be counter-productive, or maybe they just don't like to see grown men kneeling on the ground because they are afraid of the consequences if they don't.

It is leftist politics in a nutshell...virtue signalling whilst actually achieving very little.

Want to see what a someone on the right would do?

1. Ban all convicted racists for life from all football grounds, in fact from all sports venues.

2. Don't allow anybody on to social media who hasn't proven their identity.

Unread 19-02-2021, 09:22 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
No one is really annoyed or angry?
There are some, wasn't there some melon on here that said he wasn't going to watch another game of football while players were kneeling before kick off?

Lets use the word upset, or negative. We can go through different words all night, but you know what I mean.

Quote:
Maybe waffles but even then I don’t see him foaming at the mouth. What was wrong with the ‘say no to racism’ campaign?
Well...

Although seriously, I didn't think anything was wrong with it, nor do I think there's anything wrong with taking a knee for 5 seconds before kick off.

What's wrong with taking a knee for 5 seconds before kick off?

Unread 19-02-2021, 09:26 PM
jem

Quote:
There are some, wasn't there some melon on here that said he wasn't going to watch another game of football while players were kneeling before kick off?
did you check to see whether he posted in the match thread?

Unread 19-02-2021, 09:34 PM
Carlton

Quote:

Lets use the word upset, or negative. We can go through different words all night, but you know what I mean.

Well...

Although seriously, I didn't think anything was wrong with it, nor do I think there's anything wrong with taking a knee for 5 seconds before kick off.

What's wrong with taking a knee for 5 seconds before kick off?
People have repeatedly told you their objections.

Why do you pretend that it’s an innocent little gesture when it’s race-baiting marxist agitprop?

Unread 19-02-2021, 09:39 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
People have repeatedly told you their objections.

Why do you pretend that it’s an innocent little gesture when it’s race-baiting marxist agitprop?

You really are the oddest of odd-balls.

The decision to kneel is made by the players, it is not forced upon them by political groups or even the Premier League.

Unread 19-02-2021, 09:42 PM
Carlton

Quote:

You really are the oddest of odd-balls.

The decision to kneel is made by the players, it is not forced upon them by political groups or even the Premier League.
You understand nothing

Unread 19-02-2021, 09:46 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
You understand nothing
Guessing you didn't know players made a decision to carry on kneeling before kick off previously, and you thought it was being forced upon them

You're welcome for the new information.

Unread 19-02-2021, 09:53 PM
Dasilvatwins

Maybe at the very least it’s getting people to have serious discussions about racism in society ? The more dialogue and education the more chance we have in reducing racism .

Maybe kids watching will see them protesting on tv and wonder why and educate themselves over racism in history. Or at the very least question why they do it and have a short answer.

The kneel won’t really stop racism but it certainly puts a spotlight on it. That being said they should simply ask the teams if they want to continue then they should . If they don’t then they should stop it. It’s a right to choose to kneel or not. Make it so.

Bigger problems in social media and racism in the media in general. It’s enabled by the things we see and use every day by companies , the media and maybe even the government to an extent . Unfortunately it’s deeply rooted and the only real thing we can do , is to converse with people and especially the younger generation and influence them about right and wrong.

Unread 19-02-2021, 09:56 PM
Cream

Quote:
Guessing you didn't know players made a decision to carry on kneeling before kick off previously, and you thought it was being forced upon them

You're welcome for the new information.
Remember when James McClean took the decision to not wear a poppy?

That sure went off without incident.

Zaha is very brave disagreeing with you that taking a knee is totally harmless. I'm sorry that he feels under pressure from white people to continue. Telling him 'well, it's your choice....' is disingenuous to say the least.

I stand with Wilf.
Closed Thread