United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There's some serious tetchyness knocking about this forum atm.
I'm just bored tbh.

Unread 17-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Lok

Quote:
There's some serious tetchyness knocking about this forum atm.
We're winning matches so there's little to moan about. We need something to keep us occupied.

Unread 17-12-2016, 03:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I'm just bored tbh.
Meant Lok tbh

Unread 17-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Meant Lok tbh
Nah I'm a #@&%! too tbf

Unread 17-12-2016, 03:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Nah I'm a #@&%! too tbf
Deffo not crack addled though..

Unread 17-12-2016, 03:21 PM
redhegemony

not much pointing marking out 10 yards if you then let them stand a yard in front.

Townshend really has gone shit.

Unread 17-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Sparky***

Easy work for Chelsea.

they look solid.

Unread 17-12-2016, 03:25 PM
ZiggyStardust

Chelsea pissed that

Unread 17-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Easy work for Chelsea.

they look solid.
Yep.

They're going to win the league.

Unread 17-12-2016, 03:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Easy work for Chelsea.

they look solid.
Said before the season started, if he gets that Italian mentality in the defence and any kind of tune out of the match winners they'd be hard to see past for top 2. Was briefly hopeful he wouldn't manage in the early weeks

Unread 17-12-2016, 03:43 PM
saffers

Sparky still pushing this liverpool to win the league obsession despite them being 9 pts off

Said it weeks ago and ill say it again, they wont even finish top 4

Unread 17-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Sparky still pushing this liverpool to win the league obsession despite them being 9 pts off

Yes they will. Their style is too much for most of the league to handle most of the time.

Top four will remain as is.

Unread 17-12-2016, 04:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

You said we'd be above them by Christmas as well, pal.

Unread 17-12-2016, 04:14 PM
utd99

Quote:
Easy work for Chelsea.

they look solid.
They are currently doing the basics very well. They are very direct- few of their goals I've seen recently involved more than 2 or 3 passes- and counter attack excellently. Hazard almost never passes up a run he could make, and those little one-two's he is constantly looking for over and over are extremely difficult to defend against if done well. We have a certain wide left player who would do well to watch that.

Kante has been a huge upgrade for them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yes they will. Their style is too much for most of the league to handle most of the time.

I can see them dropping off. Their high tempo, high work rate style has benefited a lot from their lack of involvement in Europe, but that will drop off after the turn of the year when the Cup starts. Their defence is awful, and they wilt under pressure.

Unread 17-12-2016, 04:23 PM
saffers

Quote:

Disagree strongly on both points.

Shambolic defence, anyone who has ever gone at them has exposed them. Even low on confidence west ham outplayed them at times at anfield. Boro got dispatched easily cuz liverpool got the first goal. They did vs bournemouth and west ham but Boro have only scored 15 goals all season....

Arsenal are also suspect, as are city

United and spurs have every reason to think they might get into the top 4.
Quote:
You said we'd be above them by Christmas as well, pal.
We would have been if not for some bad luck.

Heck we'd be right in there for the title....

Unread 17-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Disagree strongly on both points.

Shambolic defence, anyone who has ever gone at them has exposed them. Even low on confidence west ham outplayed them at times at anfield. Boro got dispatched easily cuz liverpool got the first goal. They did vs bournemouth and west ham but Boro have only scored 15 goals all season....

Arsenal are also suspect, as are city

United and spurs have every reason to think they might get into the top 4.

We would have been if not for some bad luck.

Heck we'd be right in there for the title....
And the table disagrees with you in response.

I agree on their weaknesses, but they're still good enough to beat most of this league most of the time. They're always likely to do what they did at Bournemouth from time to time, but they'll outscore the majority of teams they play. Good response to their little wobble against Boro. With no European football, I don't think they'll dip that much.

Arsenal are suspect? They've lost twice all season. Their consitency is underrated. They make the top four every season for a reason. I don't see anything in their game to suggest anything different this year either.

City are our best chance of top four, but I expect them to get their shit together soon enough.

I think we'll finish above Spurs.

Unread 17-12-2016, 04:34 PM
puressence

Vardy red

Unread 17-12-2016, 04:35 PM
saffers

City are our best chance? Still the best footballing team in the league if theyre on song imo.

Wouldnt surprise me if they absolutely leather liverpool on boxing day or whenever it is they play.

We'll see. Liverpool have won twice in their last 5, shipping goals and go away to Everton next who havent lost all season at home despite being £#%&! for months. The scouse @#%&!s will drop off, they'll be nervous the first minute we and spurs put any pressure on. Title's obviously gone but 2nd place is anyones game.

And yes Arsenal ARE suspect, dont care if theyd only lost twice till now. Should have lost another 2 or 3 at least off the top of my head. Theyve only been consistent in that others have gotten worse(bad managerial appointments). Their day of falling out the top 4 is very very near.

Vardy obviously keen on christmas and new years off with that tackle

Unread 17-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
City are our best chance? Still the best footballing team in the league if theyre on song imo.

Wouldnt surprise me if they absolutely leather liverpool on boxing day or whenever it is they play.

We'll see. Liverpool have won twice in their last 5, shipping goals and go away to Everton next who havent lost all season at home despite being £#%&! for months. The scouse c***s will drop off, they'll be nervous the first minute we and spurs put any pressure on. Title's obviously gone but 2nd place is anyones game.

And yes Arsenal ARE suspect, dont care if theyd only lost twice till now. Should have lost another 2 or 3 at least off the top of my head. Theyve only been consistent in that others have gotten worse(bad managerial appointments). Their day of falling out the top 4 is very very near.

Vardy obviously keen on christmas and new years off with that tackle
I love you Saffers, but all those words are wrong

Unread 17-12-2016, 04:51 PM
saffers

Quote:
I love you Saffers, but all those words are wrong
Go on, prove me wrong how Arsenal being in top 4 year after year is due to wenger doing well as opposed to others getting worse at the most convenient of times.

Are city not the best team in the league when at their best? They were battering this 11 wins in a row chelsea side for about an hour 2 weeks ago.

Liverpool will fall off if united gain consistency.Theyd already be behind us if not for some inexplicable bad luck.
Closed Thread