United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:15 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yep. Every one of us has upped tools after hearing the boss is about to down sticks.

You know what I meant. No one likes a smart arse.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:16 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Are there many fans favourites?
Think there are 3 players I would be remotely arsed about leaving tbh and LvG signed them all. The rest could be replaced without me batting an eyelid.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:18 AM
armchair

tbh I wouldn't sack him immediately. I think he has taken the club forward. I'd start the negotiations about his departure though. Probably work out some deal for the summer. I'd be sounding out Mourinho and Pep too.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:19 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
No one likes a smart arse.
You'll be fine then

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:21 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Think there are 3 players I would be remotely arsed about leaving tbh and LvG signed them all. The rest could be replaced without me batting an eyelid.
We've offloaded about 22 players Dunk. At some point a manager has to get a game out of them without saying we need to dump 22 more.

I desperately wanted it to work, it just hasn't; and I don't see much to indicate it will. If we are at that stage then every minute spent persevering with a lost cause is a minute lost in finding the solution.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:21 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
If it's Rooney or Mara id keep LvG for that alone tbh.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:22 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
How has Giggs "pulled a sly one"?

He'll be gone in the next few weeks anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Like last week, at least Giggs got up and looked to sort his bosses mess out.
You really are a bit dim aren't you son? The attention you get on here must be a refreshing change from real life.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:22 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
tbh I wouldn't sack him immediately. I think he has taken the club forward. I'd start the negotiations about his departure though. Probably work out some deal for the summer. I'd be sounding out Mourinho and Pep too.
Agree with the last bit, but if Van Gaal is a dead man walking then he might as well walk now.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:23 AM
dunk

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If it's Rooney or Mara id keep LvG for that alone tbh.
Yep.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:25 AM
hopkins

TBR passing off sanc gossip again in an effort to look ITK?

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:28 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
TBR passing off sanc gossip again in an effort to look ITK?
And it's never specifics it's always "A fan favourite has expressed his concern at lvg's style" or "Bust up at training between certain player and certain other member of training staff"

and tbr swallows it whole.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:32 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
If it wasn't for the fact that we all know he's gone in a years time anyway then Im sad to say he's got to go.
If I thought he would be possibly carrying on for another 3 or so years then you let him finish his job..
Exactly. Whats the £#%&!ing point in keeping him. He is awful now, he is going to be awful for the rest of the season.

The players clearly dont like playing his way and that isn't going to change.

Get rid now. Nobody could manage this team to play worse football that he currently is.

Sadly what will happen is we'll give it another month, nothing will change. He'll be sacked. Giggs given till the end of the season. Finish 6th & Jose takes over in the summer ( Risking losing out to Real with Mourinho going back there if we wait until the summer )

The whole thing is grim as £#%&!.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:34 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
And it's never specifics it's always "A fan favourite has expressed his concern at lvg's style" or "Bust up at training between certain player and certain other member of training staff"

and tbr swallows it whole.
It may well be true. But it means £#%&! all.

As Rio said recently when talking about rowing with Fergie, it's when players aren't angry after a poor result that you worry.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:36 AM
ZiggyStardust

It depends on who would be appointed to replace him
If it's Ryan £#%&!ing Giggs then there's no point in sacking LvG

The club have to go all out for Pep
If Pep is happy to take over next season then let LvG know that Pep is taking over in the summer and if he is happy to see out the season then fine but if not then get an interim manager in till the summer

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:36 AM
ryanMUFC

Seems like at least half if Old Trafford was against him today. Say what you want about them but they're paying customers. Personally, I like the man and think he has the right intentions but it seems like the players aren't working for him and the fans aren't that are backing him aren't even sure.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:39 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It depends on who would be appointed to replace him
If it's Ryan £#%&!ing Giggs then there's no point in sacking LvG

The club have to go all out for Pep
If Pep is happy to take over next season then let LvG know that Pep is taking over in the summer and if he is happy to see out the season then fine but if not then get an interim manager in till the summer
Pep is clearly going to City. If that's true and he has the chance to join us but chooses that lot...then he's clearly a complete gimp and we're better off without him.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:40 AM
magic_cantona

Made me laugh (not in a good way) when Herrera came on. The commentator saying that he's a fans favourite, 'always finds something when the game is tight', complemented him on being one of our best players and then said "But it looks like LvG doesn't fancy him".

And that's it for me, the guy is clueless. Herrera IS our best midfielder yet doesn't get picked half as much as he should (Yeah, injured etc - but when he's not, he's getting splinters in his arse.).

Memphis - clearly got bags of talent and has been restrained. Compare him to when Ronnie arrived and the trust vested in him - totally different approach and one that's not good for players like Memphis. What's the point in talking LvG signing worldies in January? Would you seriously want to be a part of this set up? £#%&! that, he's ruining us. @#%&!.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:45 AM
Sandman

If they're going to back him it needs to be with a contract extension, make it a rolling one so the players haven't got a clue about when he will be leaving.

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:45 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
You can't keep getting rid of the entire squad

It frankly ridiculous that some on here think that to give LvG a fair crack of the whip he has to be allowed to replace the entire squad he inherited

No top club has ever allowed a manager to replace a squad in the space of a couple of years

It's the job of the manager to get the best out of the squad available and in that LvG is failing and failing very badly

Unread 20-12-2015, 12:47 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
You can't keep getting rid of the entire squad

It frankly ridiculous that some on here think that to give LvG a fair crack of the whip he has to be allowed to replace the entire squad he inherited

No top club has ever allowed a manager to replace a squad in the space of a couple of years

It's the job of the manager to get the best out of the squad available and in that LvG is failing and failing very badly
That's what Fergie did.
Closed Thread