Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
like cabaye or koscielny heh?
Yes - exactly like that pair of @#%&!s.

Unread 28-08-2012, 12:28 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcraven

What a top, top bit of gooning that was.

Unread 28-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
different day, same top boy comments

O'Shea was a left back and a £#%&!ing good one at that. Ferguson ruined him by making him a scapegoat for every position he had forgotten to make cover for subsequently giving him a "limited" tag because he was playing mostly out of position. He was the £#%&!ing heart of our midfield for a spell at one point ffs.

Anyone who doesn't think Wes was a good defender needs their £#%&!ing head seeing too. Again a victim of Fergusons mismanagement of players who do a job. Hoping an opposition would get "browned" was a highlight whenever Wes played
Indeed.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=23

Unread 28-08-2012, 01:18 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
alright pal you got something right, once. wind it in hey.

Unread 28-08-2012, 01:24 PM
shenwen

Quote:
different day, same top boy comments

O'Shea was a left back and a £#%&!ing good one at that. Ferguson ruined him by making him a scapegoat for every position he had forgotten to make cover for subsequently giving him a "limited" tag because he was playing mostly out of position. He was the £#%&!ing heart of our midfield for a spell at one point ffs.

Anyone who doesn't think Wes was a good defender needs their £#%&!ing head seeing too. Again a victim of Fergusons mismanagement of players who do a job. Hoping an opposition would get "browned" was a highlight whenever Wes played
stopped reading there. He was a left back, you are right, but was very limited. Maybe it was in his head. Could barely pass a ball for three seasons.

Loved Wes though.

Unread 28-08-2012, 01:28 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
stopped reading there. He was a left back, you are right, but was very limited. Maybe it was in his head. Could barely pass a ball for three seasons.

Loved Wes though.
we'll never know I suppose seeing as after one very good season playing there, he was shipped to every other position possible to do a job. what we do know is that he did all them jobs without so much as a murmur.

again to re-iterate, most people remember him as being a shit @#%&! down the fact he was once the heart of the midfield. even o'shea would tell you he's shit in that position.

Unread 28-08-2012, 01:33 PM
shenwen

Quote:
we'll never know I suppose seeing as after one very good season playing there, he was shipped to every other position possible to do a job. what we do know is that he did all them jobs without so much as a murmur.

again to re-iterate, most people remember him as being a shit @#%&! down the fact he was once the heart of the midfield. even o'shea would tell you he's shit in that position.
I think borsuk still argues that was his best position. I can actually see the logic there. water carrier role. break things up and give the ball to a better player.

I wouldn't ever slag O'Shea (outside if this forum) as he did his job with no ego and always looked to be a top lad.

Unread 28-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Cream

Quote:
alright pal you got something right, once. wind it in hey.
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...3&postcount=51

Unread 28-08-2012, 01:54 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I think borsuk still argues that was his best position. I can actually see the logic there. water carrier role. break things up and give the ball to a better player.

I wouldn't ever slag O'Shea (outside if this forum) as he did his job with no ego and always looked to be a top lad.
his best position was centre half but we always had far better players there. he was poor at full back once he'd filled out and lost what pace he had when he first came through - basically at full back he looked like a centre half playing full back, did a job but offered £#%&! all going forward. he was alright in midfield as a stop-gap.

very useful squad player. rather than not fulfilling his potential i'd say he made the absolute most of what talent he had.
Closed Thread