United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:34 PM
wiganste

Default Re: So what are we expecting on Sunday then?

You win the league by beating the other 15 teams. Results against Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea count for little when the prizes are handed out in May.

I think we'll get a point tbh. Any more than that will be a massive boost/bonus.

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
You win the league by beating the other 15 teams. Results against Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea count for little when the prizes are handed out in May.

I think we'll get a point tbh. Any more than that will be a massive boost/bonus.
Yeah but we would all like to win one of those games. It's a disappointing getting bullied by liverpool and then turning a shit blackburn over.

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Sloane

probably see the return of 4-5-1 with rooney chasing lost causes up top on his own
ps wheres his kid?

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:38 PM
dodger

Reality check please. Chelsea have lost badly to Wigan only a month ago and at Villa two weeks ago. I know we're not in great form but to suggest we're up againsta team of supermen is very wide of the mark.

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think Anderson is making a case for that not being true, think his distribution is coming on very well.
It is some way off Carrick's and Scholes'.

Hopefully, his consistency will improve.

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Thumbs down Re: So what are we expecting on Sunday then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
probably see the return of 4-5-1 with rooney chasing lost causes up top on his own
ps wheres his kid?
Factamundo.

Take another touch son, and another, whoops, balls gone.
When in doubt, lash out.

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:40 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Yeah but we would all like to win one of those games. It's a disappointing getting bullied by liverpool and then turning a shit blackburn over.
I just think Liverpool have become one of those 'do anything to beat United' teams now. It happened last season and they got nothing.

Sure it's nice beating them but give me a big, nice shiny trophy in May over doing the double against those @#%&!s.

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:42 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Factamundo.

Take another touch son, and another, whoops, balls gone.
When in doubt, lash out.
If we go 4-5-1/4-3-3 then it has to be with Rooney, Giggs and Berbatov up top.

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I just think Liverpool have become one of those 'do anything to beat United' teams now. It happened last season and they got nothing.

Sure it's nice beating them but give me a big, nice shiny trophy in May over doing the double against those @#%&!s.
Of course.

But I'd really like that big one in Europe. To get that we need to be better against the big teams. We were jammy against Arsenal I thought.

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:43 PM
MUFC One Love

I'm looking forward to it, it's always a good game against Chelsea, as I said earlier, we always have a good spell in the game at Stamford Bridge, I just hope Fergie has the balls to keep attacking them when we're having a good spell, we'll beat them if we do.

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Rossi the Red

VDS

O'Shea - Brown - Evans - Evra

Fletcher - Carrick - Anderson

Rooney - Berba - Giggs

Lets £#%&!ing attack these @#%&!s!

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:51 PM
ScarFace

Draw is the best we'l get. Would take that now.

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Smeggs

We go in as underdogs and that suits us fine. Gotta get fletch back and andy to contunue his form from sunday and we'll be fine.

Unread 02-11-2009, 03:17 PM
The Return of JC

Anybody underplaying Chelsea is a bit silly tbh.

We were unable to compete with an average Liverpool side. Chelsea are better than them in every department and do look very strong at home. Ofcourse, we have nothing to fear and we're the champions etc etc. We can beat them. We can beat anyone, but the key is the team selection and approach to the game. I know it's stating the obvious, but it's not obvious enough for us to keep getting it wrong away from home against the big boys.

If we go about it in the same way we did at Anfield then we're dead. We must get the team selection right (one of, if not both of Anderson and Fletcher) and O'Shea needs dropping asap. We're severely hampered down our right hand side and Valencia needs some help out there. We need to be aggressive and positive and really try to impose ourselves from the get-go. None of this drifting through the game just expecting to make chances because we have good players. Nothing must be taken for granted. We did that at Anfield. I honestly believe we were complacent going there.

It's a massive test for us. The real United and the real Fergie have got to step up to the plate. We need to up our game an extra 20% and show them what we can do. If we're beaten by a better side, then so be it, but I just want the attitude and approach to be spot on.

Unread 02-11-2009, 03:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up Re: So what are we expecting on Sunday then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

We were unable to compete with an average Liverpool side. Chelsea are better than them in every department and do look very strong at home. Ofcourse, we have nothing to fear and we're the champions etc etc. We can beat them. We can beat anyone, but the key is the team selection and approach to the game. I know it's stating the obvious, but it's not obvious enough for us to keep getting it wrong away from home against the big boys.

If we go about it in the same way we did at Anfield then we're dead. We must get the team selection right (one of, if not both of Anderson and Fletcher) and O'Shea needs dropping asap. We're severely hampered down our right hand side and Valencia needs some help out there. We need to be aggressive and positive and really try to impose ourselves from the get-go. None of this drifting through the game just expecting to make chances because we have good players. Nothing must be taken for granted. We did that at Anfield. I honestly believe we were complacent going there.

It's a massive test for us. The real United and the real Fergie have got to step up to the plate. We need to up our game an extra 20% and show them what we can do. If we're beaten by a better side, then so be it, but I just want the attitude and approach to be spot on.
Excellent stuff JC.

Unread 02-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

exactly

Unread 02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Brenner

Quote:

You were doing superb until that £#%&!in phrase JC tbf

Unread 02-11-2009, 03:26 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
You were doing superb until that £#%&!in phrase JC tbf
Sorry, mate

Did anyone hear Chris Kamara say 'step for the fore' on Sunday. Idiot.

Unread 02-11-2009, 03:28 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
exactly
I agree with you about Owen too. It's hard to find a place for him because Berb and Roo are the obvious first choice, but his movement is always so impressive and he's very economical with the ball too. As you say, he has the mobility to really trouble Terry and could give him similar problems he gave Carragher in his brief Anfield cameo.

I'd be tempted to bring him on around the hour mark for Nani/Giggs or whoever plays on the left and let Rooney drift around out there.

Unread 02-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I agree with you about Owen too. It's hard to find a place for him because Berb and Roo are the obvious first choice, but his movement is always so impressive and he's very economical with the ball too. As you say, he has the mobility to really trouble Terry and could give him similar problems he gave Carragher in his brief Anfield cameo.

I'd be tempted to bring him on around the hour mark for Nani/Giggs or whoever plays on the left and let Rooney drift around out there.
it is essential we get terry and carvalho facing their own goal. get them out of their comfort zone. Obviously this will be hard if the imperious essien is sitting infront of them, but we'll have to do our best.

IMHO i cannot imagine starting this game without anderson in the team. As rough around the edges as he can be sometimes, he is always looking to do something positive with the ball and his passing accuracy has improved immensely since he got over his blip in form.

Personally, I can't see us winning. We have too many question marks over the team in key areas at the moment and Chelsea are almost playing within themselves such is their confidence.
Closed Thread