United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Gog Coch

Owen was in the right place at the right time every time last night, all he failed to do was to hit the target - that will come for sure.

Unread 06-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
...and it's neck and neck in the battle for the forum moron title
Koppas to make a late bid for the title...?

Unread 06-08-2009, 08:53 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Koppas to make a late bid for the title...?
Already banned, so at an unfair advantage in the race.

Unread 06-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Already banned, so at an unfair advantage in the race.
Is he? What for the greasy bastard?

ps Owen > Tevez

Unread 06-08-2009, 09:02 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Owen was in the right place at the right time every time last night, all he failed to do was to hit the target - that will come for sure.
Spot on, he made some great runs and worked really well with Rooney. Hes also looked very good with Berbs.
As a third striking option I'm happy with him

Unread 06-08-2009, 09:02 AM
dunk

Quote:
Is he? What for the greasy bastard?

ps Owen > Tevez
Not quite sure, just being an obnoxious @#%&!, probably, as he is known to do from time to time. Not back until 14th or so, so a decent ban.

And from a goals pov, yes, Owen > Tevez.

Link up and general play, I remain to be convinced.

Unread 06-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Not quite sure, just being an obnoxious @#%&!, probably, as he is known to do from time to time. Not back until 14th or so, so a decent ban.

And from a goals pov, yes, Owen > Tevez.

Link up and general play, I remain to be convinced.
we'll see i suppose.

I like the look of Cleverley. Seems a talented kid.

Unread 06-08-2009, 09:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
we'll see i suppose.

I like the look of Cleverley. Seems a talented kid.
Yeah, been a fan of his for a couple of years watching him in the reserves, competitive, versatile weighs in with goals and is technically very good. Mentioned him a few times on here, but he is generally pooh-poohed for being English and 'a bit of a lad'. Drinkwater is another who is a good player but suffers this fate.

Unread 06-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Yeah, been a fan of his for a couple of years watching him in the reserves, competitive, versatile weighs in with goals and is technically very good. Mentioned him a few times on here, but he is generally pooh-poohed for being English and 'a bit of a lad'. Drinkwater is another who is a good player but suffers this fate.
You can't be a decent young player at united if you are english.

Fergie heaped praise on cleverley, james and drinkwater in an interview earlier on this summer.

Perhaps he feels cleverley may be ready to step up to play some part in the first team squad this year?

Gibson will def get games imo.

Unread 06-08-2009, 09:32 AM
dunk

Quote:
You can't be a decent young player at united if you are english.

Fergie heaped praise on cleverley, james and drinkwater in an interview earlier on this summer.

Perhaps he feels cleverley may be ready to step up to play some part in the first team squad this year?

Gibson will def get games imo.
He said they weren't sure what to do with Cleverley last night, plenty of offers for him, loans and the like, from PL clubs, but they aren't sure whether to send him out or to keep him.

I mad e a bold statement on here last season that Matt James will captain United and England one day, he is going to be £#%&!ing brilliant, I don't think he will need to go out on loan either, can see him sneaking through this season.

Unread 06-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
He said they weren't sure what to do with Cleverley last night, plenty of offers for him, loans and the like, from PL clubs, but they aren't sure whether to send him out or to keep him.

I mad e a bold statement on here last season that Matt James will captain United and England one day, he is going to be £#%&!ing brilliant, I don't think he will need to go out on loan either, can see him sneaking through this season.
I have seen more of James than the other 2 if Im honest.

Watched him in that milk cup thing last summer and he was absolutely head and shoulders above everyone else. That includes Kiko.

He is a monster and has great technique. If he doesnt make it there is something wrong.

Unread 06-08-2009, 09:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
He is a monster and has great technique. If he doesnt make it there is something wrong.
Yep. I have always been impressed with Gibson, but this lad is miles ahead of where he was, imo. Gibson always lacked a bit of mobility and drive, James has both in abundance. I have very high hopes.

Unread 06-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Brother Mouzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
...and it's neck and neck in the battle for the forum moron title
and why is that @#%&! chops? I will quite happily have a bet that Owen will score more than Berbatov next season, loser is banned off the forum, hows that sound?

Unread 06-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Mouzone
and why is that @#%&! chops? I will quite happily have a bet that Owen will score more than Berbatov next season, loser is banned off the forum, hows that sound?
I don't think he really gives a £#%&! who scores the most tbh.

Unread 06-08-2009, 10:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
I don't think he really gives a £#%&! who scores the most tbh.
Personally i hope neither scores a single goal to prove a point.

Unread 06-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
He'll always make great runs, be in the right place, but he's not that composed a finisher & he scores his goals in batches when he's had half a dozen games to play himself in & be razor sharp. The problem I have with that is he wont get 6 games in a row for us, unless we play him & Berbatov up front with Rooney behind, because of rotation, injury & form.

As we saw last night, he'll be there to miss them, will invariably score some but for me, he's not a viable option for coming straight in & being good to go immediately.

I don't want to slate the guy now he's got the shirt, but I don't like him, I don't like his attitude to clubs he's played for, the fact he wants to be in the England squad more than any team he's ever played for, the way we have to just ignore all of his Scouse history & snidey little @#%&!ishness just because he's a United player now. It will always be through gritted teeth, he'll never be a Red, he is a @#%&!.

Unread 06-08-2009, 10:26 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
he'll never be a Red
Word.

Unread 06-08-2009, 10:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
I don't want to slate the guy now he's got the shirt, but I don't like him, I don't like his attitude to clubs he's played for, the fact he wants to be in the England squad more than any team he's ever played for, the way we have to just ignore all of his Scouse history & snidey little @#%&!ishness just because he's a United player now. It will always be through gritted teeth, he'll never be a Red, he is a @#%&!.
Pretty much how I feel. I get the impression he will play a lot more than you seem to think though.

Unread 06-08-2009, 10:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Pretty much how I feel. I get the impression he will play a lot more than you seem to think though.
i can't stand the little £#%&!er either but I hope he scores a £#%&!ing hatful for us. Think he might too.

Unread 06-08-2009, 10:36 AM
42ndstreet irregular

Thumbs up

Quote:
I don't like him, I don't like his attitude to clubs he's played for, the fact he wants to be in the England squad more than any team he's ever played for, the way we have to just ignore all of his Scouse history & snidey little @#%&!ishness just because he's a United player now. It will always be through gritted teeth, he'll never be a Red, he is a @#%&!.
Spot on. If he has a chance in a game I hope it takes it but it is the shirt I'm wanting to score not him. He is a horrible little bastard but people have suddenly forgot that since he joined United.
Closed Thread