United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Coracao

Roberto Carlos - Overrated for me. Fantastic going forward, but was never a fan of him defensively. His pace got him out of the shit most of the time and it made up for poor positional play and choosing the wrong time to run up the other end of the pitch. I remember a game vs Juve in Europe where they just focused on his side of the pitch and they caught Madrid out time and time again and beat them. I'd much rather have a player such as Lizarazu than Carlos. But, I doubt you'd have many people putting him ahead of Mr Free Kick.

Plus, his face just £#%&!ing annoyed me.

Unread 02-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Jamie Carragher - A big, bread and butter donkey with zero pace and a really horrible face and voice.
I like the little skip he does before punting it up the field

people were genuinely saying was was better than Rio when Rio got dropped from England starting 11 for him in 05

Unread 02-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Switching Off

Tevez - The myth exploded forme in the FA Cup semi final, lazy £#%&!ing shit @#%&!.

Unread 02-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Roberto Carlos - Overrated for me. Fantastic going forward, but was never a fan of him defensively. His pace got him out of the shit most of the time and it made up for poor positional play and choosing the wrong time to run up the other end of the pitch. I remember a game vs Juve in Europe where they just focused on his side of the pitch and they caught Madrid out time and time again and beat them. I'd much rather have a player such as Lizarazu than Carlos. But, I doubt you'd have many people putting him ahead of Mr Free Kick.

Plus, his face just £#%&!ing annoyed me.
He lived off that free kick in Le Tournoi for a bit!

Unread 02-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I've watched Serie A since it started on Channel 4

Unread 02-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
laughable people putting zlatan on their lists.
Because he's a decent player, feted by idiot pundits and wums as one of the greatest players ever to pull on a shirt.

Unread 02-08-2009, 05:29 PM
S/Side.Red

I agree with those who say the five-time Italian Footballer of the Year, Francesco Totti, who has scored over 230 goals in his career, has never really done it regularly enough.

Unread 02-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I agree with those who say the five-time Italian Footballer of the Year, Francesco Totti, who has scored over 230 goals in his career, has never really done it regularly enough.

Unread 02-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Sparky***

Jack Wilshire.

Unread 02-08-2009, 05:42 PM
berba

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Loads of ridiculous shouts in here. To name some of the great players that have been mentioned I can only assume you haven't seen them play enough or are being biased because they play for rival clubs.
read the title before you post. "world class" players you never rated.

Quote:
kezman :
1998–2000 Partizan 054(33)
2000–2004 PSV Eindhoven 122(105)

must be pretty great. and whats more!! he did score in europe!!

Finally this year zlatan will get shown up for what he is. A good striker but not a great one. people used to always come back with the answer inter are not that good and hence zlatan did't perform. well playing with the current european champions and best team in the world should allow him to showcase his talents.

I fully expect a 30 goal season from him, where 25 goals will be in run in the mill matches in spain and another 4-5 in first round of champions league.

As real madrid saunter towards the title and champions league with kaka and ronaldo scoring shit loads both in small and big games, finally we can put to bed the talk about this overrated striker being world class.

Unread 02-08-2009, 05:43 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Well you know what I mean.

Before that, it was on very rarely.

@#%&!

Unread 02-08-2009, 05:43 PM
berba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Jack Wilshire.

although I seriously think fabregas will be in most peoples list in 2 years.

Unread 02-08-2009, 05:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by berba
kezman :
1998–2000 Partizan 054(33)
2000–2004 PSV Eindhoven 122(105)

must be pretty great. and whats more!! he did score in europe!!
Ah, you got me there. Excellent comparison, well done.

Unread 02-08-2009, 05:49 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Jamie Carragher.

Possibly the most technically inferior player i've ever seen play at top level football. It's no surprise he's hardly ever scored a goal.

The very embodiment of the idea that if you stay fit, disciplined and clatter a few people that you can make it as a footballer.
I can quite clearly remember the day he scored two goals

Unread 02-08-2009, 05:59 PM
berba

Quote:
I think this article sums of my feeling to an extent

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2009/03/...vic-overrated/

that is a league where marco di vaio (sp) scores for fun ffs

I genuinely want to see his record in champions league ties ( not the dead rubber ones ) and againts top teams in italy over the 5 seasons.

if it is anything short of pathetic, I will be £#%&!ing amazed.

Unread 02-08-2009, 06:01 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Kezman

Unread 02-08-2009, 06:03 PM
TreeFiddy

FWIW Totti hasn't lived up to the hype when I've seen him play. But that doesn't mean I don't rate him.

Why is Carragher even being mentioned? World class? The @#%&! couldn't even get a game for England.

Unread 02-08-2009, 06:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by berba
I think this article sums of my feeling to an extent

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2009/03/...vic-overrated/

that is a league where marco di vaio (sp) scores for fun ffs

I genuinely want to see his record in champions league ties ( not the dead rubber ones ) and againts top teams in italy over the 5 seasons.

if it is anything short of pathetic, I will be £#%&!ing amazed.
Yeah, Zlatan's overrated etc, all very interesting. But I thought we were talking about Francesco Totti...

Unread 02-08-2009, 06:17 PM
ScarFace

Never seen Totti do anything.

Raul is mega gash.

Unread 02-08-2009, 06:20 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Yeah, Zlatan's overrated etc, all very interesting. But I thought we were talking about Francesco Totti...

Zlatan and Totti have scored goals in a poor Serie A but internationally or in Europe, they've been found wanting.You can't really deny that, can you?
Closed Thread